Version to host

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.

Go back to hosting 3.0.9d?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 21

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: Version to host

Postby Merex » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:51 am

The words of wisdom by the wild Withered.. May us honor his great alien face in memory of another battle fought again.
--
Personally I'd like to see 3.0.9d back but then again adjusting to 4.0 could have a better outcome than such. I voted to have 3.0.9 back but my thoughts vary on both sides.

Off topic:
1000th post
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Well if we went back to 3.0.9d we'd be coming back full circle, ain't nobody got time to change hotkeys again, so my vote is still for 4.0.0

EDIT: Also, Neco is doing a great job updating and everything, might as well support him more by playing 4.0.0 for more incentive!

-Burn

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:13 am

Bad enough i quit for so long just to come back too so much changes. The keys were enough to make me stop playing because i dont have the urge to relearn what iv lost. The lag i was getting did not help at all as well because when i did try to play it was just to annoying and it all started with the beta >_>

As for people saying Island defense is not dying i feel is not true many of the players i played with back in the day are gone and when i am able to get into a game most of the people im playing with are so unfamiliar and it seems they have no idea how to play and games are indeed taking longer to fill...

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 am

Old keys: http://id.rory.io/keys/1cdc8c6b0feb408a08f7c8c733005b32

Have you tried playing one of the recent ones? Most of the lag issues should be fixed.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

URDEADNOOBS
Aura Tree

Postby URDEADNOOBS » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:47 am

pandaren. wrote:Bad enough i quit for so long just to come back too so much changes. The keys were enough to make me stop playing because i dont have the urge to relearn what iv lost. The lag i was getting did not help at all as well because when i did try to play it was just to annoying and it all started with the beta >_>

As for people saying Island defense is not dying i feel is not true many of the players i played with back in the day are gone and when i am able to get into a game most of the people im playing with are so unfamiliar and it seems they have no idea how to play and games are indeed taking longer to fill...

I don't understand how you play other games when you are not willing to cope with new changes. Dota 2, for instance, changes almost every month. It is mostly balance issue, but you have to check the changelog every time they update. It is funny that you worry about islande defense community dying, but you do not want to see new people playing the game. Isn't that contradicting? As far as I can tell, you just want to enjoy an island defense map that you and your old friends want to play. I am not here to judge whether changes that Neco made were right or wrong, but at least he is trying to improve the map so that new people can join and keep the community. How do you expect a community to grow if only old veterans are left to play?

As for Island defense community dying, you cannot blame soley on Neco's new map. Warcraft 3 is an old game, and overall wc3 population is dwindling. Dota 1 is one of the most popular map on WC3, and I feel like dota community is smaller than old days. If you want to state that Island defense community is, in fact, dying because of Neco's beta map, please come up with facts.

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 am

Where is the statement when i said it was necos map that killed island defense all i was getting at that wc3 was a dying game and i just wanted to enjoy the remaining time it has left with the OFFICIAL MAP. Once the BETA is done i have no problem playing it i just don't like the fact they are pushing the beta on everyone. Beta started with what two titans and a couple of char that's boring as fuck and its been how long already if your trying to gain players you don't push things on them.

How long left is this beta...

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Discussing things with people who come up with the "warcraft 3 is dying" shit is just boring, too. If you wanna have fun instead of improving the map and participating in the community - a major reason why wc3 is/was so popular for -, then you are free to host your own old ID map.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Ok so lets say its not dying lol do you really think the majority of the community wants the beta pushed on them... Arty plz tell me when was the last time you played go ask the PLAYERS what they want and you will find out your answer yourself...

I don't want to see all these random people posting about it when none of them even play the game. how many people signed of for beta and how many of them did anyone actually recognized.

Keep hearing its best for the community but is that even true and voting on ent is a bad way to represent the people of ID.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:20 pm

I like how no one ever talks about all the 3.0.9d bugs that were fixed. It seems everyone forgot about them.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

URDEADNOOBS
Aura Tree

Postby URDEADNOOBS » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:49 am

pandaren. wrote:Where is the statement when i said it was necos map that killed island defense all i was getting at that wc3 was a dying game and i just wanted to enjoy the remaining time it has left with the OFFICIAL MAP. Once the BETA is done i have no problem playing it i just don't like the fact they are pushing the beta on everyone. Beta started with what two titans and a couple of char that's boring as fuck and its been how long already if your trying to gain players you don't push things on them.

How long left is this beta...

It is all contextual. People were complaining about Neco's map ruining the Island defense community on this post. And you brought up the previous posts where people said Island defense community is not dying. Since you did not specify, it sounded like you were blaming the Neco for the decrease in Island defense population.

Without beta, there is no development, and island defense community will die out. Maybe all you want is to have fun, but there are people who want to keep Island defense community alive and continued. There is self-claimed owner of standalone ID playing on server(haven't verified it myself) playing on server, so I am assuming he will implement features from Neco's map to the standalone. That alone makes it reasonable to play the beta rather the old one. Like arty said, if you wanna have fun host your own game. Contact your old friends. There are people who are willing to play old maps. I do not see why that is a problem. And to be fair, old map shouldn't even be considered "official." That map had so many problems, and it might as well have been called beta.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 pm

We already asked the players and they voted for the support of a new map.

And by the way, I dont need to ask anyone. I, and thereby ENT, will 100% support Neco on his path to finally get a stable and fresh ID map. Perhaps you haven't played ID long enough or took a too long break that you've forgot the circumstances we had.

If you wish to play the old map, use the public hosting systems.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Island Defense”