Please remove 104 from auto-host, until it is actually ready.

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
Lynx
Donator

Re: Please remove 104 from auto-host, until it is actually ready.

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:22 pm

#1 Refuse? Never have I refused. It's irrelevant. You wouldn't ask a lawyer for construction advice.
#2 IDS doesn't exist
#3 I'd be very surprised if someone has agreed with you that wallwalking should be removed. They may have agreed it's OP, but I seriously doubt they wanted it removed, especially nate, but considering its nate he was trolling most likely.
#4 I forwarded the poll on removing wallwalking on steam to a couple of oldies, have never denied that
#5 I do not have that bully mentality.
#6 You still bring up education. If we were to speak of education in an relevant view, it's ID experience, where I am far more educated than you.
#7 People seem to agree with my arguments because they make sense and are usually nuanced and well thought through.
#8 This is a pointless argument.
#9 Instead of attacking me when we argue, try to attack my argument. Finding flaws in me won't make my argument flawed.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:30 pm

I attack your arguments and prove them wrong on a regular basis. The problem is that you see it from a players perspective instead of a game balance perspective which is the same thing I've mentioned throughout. Your ignorance towards IDS not existing says a lot on it's own.... Education means everything when you're talking about game balance and ID experience is by far not a main criteria. Whilst you think your more experienced in ID I can very much prove you wrong having played this game a long time before you have which can be proved :D Your argument always relates back to the same thing. That you think playing ID makes you suitable to develop the game and that's simply not true lol....

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Game design isn't fucking latin, it doesn't take a genius to realize in basketball that 3 point shots are better than 2 point shots, but they balance that out by making 3 pointers harder to make. Now, you might need an idea in game design to figure out a proportional distance for the 3 point line in correlation with average shooting capabilities of players to make sure the line is at a mathematically appropriate distance so that 3s don't become overwhelmingly too powerful or never used.

I agree that for every good suggestion on these forums, there's 5 shitty and poorly thought out ones. But ShadowZz, you basically berate the community as a whole in your posts, and call us all morons like your shit doesn't fucking stink. Just because you have a piece of paper that lets you say "herp derp, game developer guyss" doesn't mean you are the sole proprietor of game balance, and void everyone else opinions. People with (worthless) degrees can be bad at their jobs too. Here's a wake up: you have shitty, godawful ideas just like the rest of us. I actually agree with your points more often than not, but the way you conduct your arguments is weak.

Designing a game with no input from the people who play it is retarded. That's a dictatorship. Think dictatorships are cool? Go live in North Korea. As for me, I like uncensored public discussion, voting, and the internet.

Life is too short to come up with every idea yourself. If you think good game developers don't listen to what the players are saying, you're ignorant. Ever heard of Blizzard Entertainment? (note: that doesn't mean they actively comment or argue with their public on every issue, change, or idea; but they're definitely in the background listening, and definitely make changes based on public opinion/suggestion).
These users thanked the author wastedlandering for the post:
Merex (Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:34 pm)
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:00 pm

I think this topic has served it's purpose.

Wait for Av1oN's suggestion to be processed or Neco to release new version.

Return to “Island Defense”