feed cap

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
MuG
Resource Storage

Re: feed cap

Postby MuG » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 pm

I think one of a good solution would be to give kicking powers for vouched players. I'm not sure how neco would be able to code such thing but I think it'll better if we give vouched players the power to kick since they are quite qualified enough to determine if someone is breaking rules or whatever. And if certain vouched player is abusing power, we can always unvouch him or whatnot.

I'm still thinking more of possible solutions but I do agree with the others that giving so much kicking powers to random pubs could mess a lot of ID games, so we shouldn't just implement such methods. It is quite frustrating when someone just randomly throws games like hash's best friend @onld

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:02 pm

lol'd, there is no other faster way for Neco to get his map unhosted by ENT than removing ENT's monopoly of kicking people.

MuG
Resource Storage

Postby MuG » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 pm

@lynx- does -boot (observers) not lie on the same idea as this? Just wondering.

1337hamburger
Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:58 am

Looking past ent hosting the map for a second, there is still way too much that could go wrong with a select player base having the option to kick. Whether this player base be the players that are already credited in-game as testers, or a vouch player list there could be a lot of abuse, on a very frequent basis. The problem with "skilled" players, and players that know the rules of island defense very well is that more often than not these players value their "elo" very highly. What I see happening as a result is a lot of kicking in game in order to win the game, for example a new player could solo base and have the potential to throw the game in the titans favor, and as sad it is; I am fairly sure players like this would be kicked often.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:27 am

I'm not saying there should or shouldn't be a kick ability implemented, I'm merely playing devil's advocate here, but if you are worried about "The problem with "skilled" players, and players that know the rules of island defense very well is that more often than not these players value their "elo" very highly. What I see happening as a result is a lot of kicking in game in order to win the game, for example a new player could solo base and have the potential to throw the game in the titans favor, and as sad it is; I am fairly sure players like this would be kicked often." @1337hamburger, Mug did state in his original comment "And if certain vouched player is abusing power, we can always unvouch him or whatnot." If a kick system were to be implemented, I'm sure some type of checks and balances system would be necessary.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:48 am

In doing the vouch system for commands you are basically explaining the idea of people applying for game mods, just saying...

1337hamburger
Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:49 am

I agree with shadowzz 100%, becoming a vouched player requires no where close to the same level of responsibility as an ent mod. This type of system being added into the game would just complicated things imo.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 pm

I don't care for neither. But to be fair, being an ENT mod is hardly any responsibility nor effort.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Lynx wrote:being an ENT mod is hardly any responsibility nor effort.

Says the guy who has ever been mod :)

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:14 pm

And I've never applied either.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Being an ENT mod has ridiculous responsibility and there's very few people who actually qualify considering the community they have to be in. As for the effort, dealing with the idiots in this community and doing ban requests/ban appeals is fucking tiring.... ENT mods are the only reason your games still go on and are not complete shit, at least respect them.
These users thanked the author ShadowZz for the post:
nabo. (Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:37 pm)

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:42 pm

You can try to glorify your "job" all you want, it's you circlejerking at that point. I'd like to think of mods as cleaners at a company, they are essential but anyone can do the job. That being said, I do of course appreciate their effort.

This went a little bit too much off-topic, thx withered for branching the discussion.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 pm

I think to be a good mod you need good teamwork and not make stupid calls. The worst mods are when they got in my way when I was doing ban appeals and questioned every decision I've ever made, and cleaning up other's messes.

To me, the best mods are the ones who not only bothered to clean up BRQs on forums, but moderated in-game. That's why I was surprised when I was removed for inactivity, when I would dish out something close to 7 in-game ID BRQs in a week, but do minimal forum ID BRQs because there weren't enough of them in the BRQ section. It was also not worth my effort to help out with LTD/DotA BRQs because I despise the games.

Also, as a major consumer of ENTID, I agree that BRQs & mods enhance the quality of game-play in the games and you also need to have a lot of experience in the game before handling BRQs. I mainly dealt in Island Defense BRQs, and was always slightly annoyed when mods with 0 games started moderating the BRQs. I personally thought that BGN's split custom game worked perfectly but I also see the premise behind ENT's moderation hierarchy. But I think ENT just needs more LTD/DotA mods and it'll be fine. I'm sure there are plenty of viable mod prospects that could be recruited given the player base.

-Burn

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Enough offtopic thank you.

Return to “Island Defense”