Some bitching about ELO

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
Burn
Protector of Nature

Re: Some bitching about ELO

Postby Burn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:38 am

He's one of the slowest elo farmer though because he doesn't single queue, and probably lost a few titan games.

If Dosmor and Charles410 keeps up at this pace, they may not have the highest 2k win rate achiever, but they'd be 2k before reaching 600 wins.

It took me around 650 wins to get to 2k on average but I occasionally risk titan games on my main. Which also means I get to 2k with a high win rate, however.

-Burn

fishy_joes
Aura Tree

Postby fishy_joes » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:45 am

hash carries his games by getting the other builders to construct a penta base

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:50 am

A good strategy I've seen Poraft also do is just gold 24/7, run around the map with TP sticks and feed as little as possible, occupying the titan's time and gold to try and kill you to stall for GP.

I think the best win rate is still global support (Satyr/Faerie) or Tauren EB, though.

-Burn

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:30 am

lol fishy salty when ppl multibase on him, but when he multibases on other titans its okay, hypocriticizer much?

fishy_joes
Aura Tree

Postby fishy_joes » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:09 am

hash doesn't understand the pain because he has yet to play a game as titan

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:22 am

so if you understand the pain so well, why u always quad on poraft? seems kinda hypocritical to cry bout multibases if you yourself partake in them

(ps I still remember stomping you and wl in a 12 min game as titan)

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am

Burn wrote:There is no such thing as a noob 2k player. Every 2k player could've been comfortably vouched in 309d ENTID inhouses, no doubt about it.
-Burn

(arty give table bbcode)
Player name ELO
cuck 2889.7
Tek280 2442.71
Burnshady 2323.62
timmyissexy 2261.78
b4rt0 2241.29
beekauzh 2106.32
krazyyy 2096.56
firstbloodmillt 2096.02
fate- 2090.93
burnshady 2025.46
burnshady 2021.22

Only players that weren't vouched in the ENTIDIH already and are above 2k elo now and are skilled enough imo is, cuck and beek.

You can't honestly say that you'd vouch someone because they've grinded 2k elo. Jaet, legendary afk master got his way there by only joining games with shit titans and perma afking. Most other high elo players only get where they are by stacking and never playing titan.

Keep in mind the entidih was so high skilled that tek280 or lepiino were probably the lowest skilled in the league, and there were enough players to keep pubstars like blackvega, me, sunplusmoonie, hotsauce2k unvouched.
Last edited by Lynx on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Lynx wrote: Only players that weren't vouched in the ENTIDIH already and are above 2k elo now and are skilled enough imo is, cuck and beek.

well cuck is my account, and iirc beek and I were both vouched

tbh no one in the top 25 elo, titans on their main except beek lol just doesnt make sense to risk -30.0 or +0.01

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:21 pm

fullmelthash wrote:
Lynx wrote: Only players that weren't vouched in the ENTIDIH already and are above 2k elo now and are skilled enough imo is, cuck and beek.

well cuck is my account, and iirc beek and I were both vouched

tbh no one in the top 25 elo, titans on their main except beek lol just doesnt make sense to risk -30.0 or +0.01

we're talking about the 2013 entidih. Not the 2015 IDIHL.

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 pm

ah i see, my bad then

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

It's probably worth mentioning that ELO also loses it's value due to there being no decay. As in Tek280 is still number 2 on the ELO ranks but probably plays at an average level as of right now. Same goes for Timmy and previously it was Pongu at number one with the same issue. Then you have people with 2 accounts like Burn in top ELO, makes no sense, just wastes a slot in top 10 for no reason. If you have high ELO then whats the point in getting a second account there? You're already high ELO lol.

ELO needs 3 things currently.
1. All duplicate accounts should be removed. Just pick an account and have that one be tracked by ELO.
2. All accounts NEED a decay factor. If you only played 8 games of ID in the past 2 years then you should not be in top 10 ELO.
3. ELO should be removed because it makes no sense. I was going to say it requires no skill but then the skills you need are - Be a competent player - Know how to dodge good titans - Only play stacked lobbys. I'm pretty sure anyone with enough motivation who can play at a semi decent level with a few friends can get #1 ELO just through stacking and playing vs bad titans. Just pointless tbh.

1337hamburger
Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:10 pm

3. ELO should be removed because it makes no sense. I was going to say it requires no skill but then the skills you need are - Be a competent player - Know how to dodge good titans - Only play stacked lobbys. I'm pretty sure anyone with enough motivation who can play at a semi decent level with a few friends can get #1 ELO just through stacking and playing vs bad titans. Just pointless tbh.

I would love to see elo removed from island defense, I think it would allow us to get past boring af stacked games, and games in which everyone plays too safe. I often am playing a game and certain players will take obvious risky moves because they are just playing for fun, this is great. . . Except when their risks don't pay off, and they get flamed out by the remaining players in team 1. BUT the real issue is, if we do remove elo from id we all know what will happen, we will for sure lose our most active players. I don't think many would admit to it, but at this point quite a few "core players" are playing mainly just for elo.
Off topic:
What I mean by core players is players that play many pub games a week and kinda help some newer players or possibly even "inspire" others to play better.

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Honestly ELO should get removed from ID. It's not needed for IH vouching the "core" players will handle that and there really isn't much applicable use outside of anything competitive (which ID is not unless a IH league is going on.)

pep
Forest Walker

Postby pep » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Burn wrote:A good strategy I've seen Poraft also do is just gold 24/7, run around the map with TP sticks and feed as little as possible, occupying the titan's time and gold to try and kill you to stall for GP.
-Burn

that feel when u get noticed by sempai

Im fine with removing elo, but win/lose will take its place I bet. As 1337hamburger said the game might become more dynamic by promoting risky playstyles like mine where you keep trying to gold/hunt minis instead of quadding up when titan has 2 minis at 3 min and then flame every next base for being shit. Because its true people are too afraid to lose, but this was also back in 2.8.5 and 3.0.9 where you could only see games played if I remember correctly.

We can all speculate for days but I say remove it and see what happens, you could always revert it I guess :^)
"hot gamer grills are a myth, bout as likely to find a unicorn" - hash

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:53 pm

Also, show me 5 "noobs" who has 100+ games with 75% win rate, ty. Also, I said "probably".

No need to show you 5.
Only need 1 to show counter example. #Math

Burn wrote:Actually it does, I wouldn't mind tower basing with anyone above 2k.

Same can not be said about everyone under 2k.
Thing about people not being bad under 2k is true though. Although, win rate matters.

https://entgaming.net/customstats/islanddefense/top/
Krisz is not good. He'll be 2k pretty soon. Jimharbaurgh wasn't good either but I guess his stats have expired.
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 019919.w3g

I don't think you understand how hard it is to get to 2k atm. Shit takes years to get to unless you have, like, a 75%+ win rate. In both cases, it probably makes you good.

It just takes a bunch of games. Winning a game is very often not a matter of how well you play but how unshitty your team is.

I would love to see elo removed from island defense, I think it would allow us to get past boring af stacked games, and games in which everyone plays too safe.

I have no intention to play differently if elo was removed and the same statement can probably be applied to burn. Playing to win applies even without elo.
Unbalanced games is an outcome of the lack of a match making system not elo.

Return to “Island Defense”