Titan stalling

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
Burn
Protector of Nature

Titan stalling

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 am

Forcing the titan to waste his time on you is an integral part in Island Defense games. This becomes evident enough in the early games when people tell others to upgrade walls. But when titan is not at mid, there should always be one or two players (preferably those that don't need as much gold and has a good escape ability) that just goes and annoys the titan by making him waste time.

Such heroes (my personal favourites) can be any wall walker, Tauren (tanky + abundant in wood), Huntress (perma-slow and good dash ability).

In the early/mid stages of the game this will allow the builders to gain a lot of gold, and basically guarantee a win, giving yourself good ELO boosts, and most likely shorter games.

-Burn

TimmyTheTauren
Donator

Re: Titan stalling

Postby TimmyTheTauren » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Do you still suggest players doing this if there is not a pub titan? Or a pub titan that is above average? For example, can use wotw, punish etc.
Spoiler!

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:16 pm

For a "decent" titan, you can merely just use upgraded walls when TP is on CD, but wall walking and sheep tag walking works against most titans, even "decent" titans. I've won a lot of games against these "decent" titans using this stall method. The games I lose is when I get way too aggressive and die early. Once you find the middle ground you will hopefully dominate most your games as long as there isn't an early minion. This play-style goes out the window after that, as you can't really do anything against double nuke and wotw with no gold without feeding, unless you're a good enough wall walker. Most of my wall walk videos end with me winning due to the fact that the titan wasted so much time on me with his minions + main titan.

-Burn

Virulence
Donator

Postby Virulence » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:29 am

Burn, if you have ever played huntress, you would know that huntress doesn't have perma-slow.

Stop saying she does when she doesn't.
lionsblood wrote:...im a professional map maker...

Stealing others' work and calling it your own doesn't make you a professional map maker.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:27 am

R.T.M.X. wrote:Burn, if you have ever played huntress, you would know that huntress doesn't have perma-slow.

Stop saying she does when she doesn't.

She does. The duration is longer than the cooldown. It's like a mag, except 800 ranged.

Get perma-slowed,
-Burn

Virulence
Donator

Postby Virulence » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:32 am

And it also kills her mana rather quickly, so she only gets maybe 3-4 shots in with slow.

Not perma-slow.
lionsblood wrote:...im a professional map maker...

Stealing others' work and calling it your own doesn't make you a professional map maker.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:03 am

R.T.M.X. wrote:And it also kills her mana rather quickly, so she only gets maybe 3-4 shots in with slow.

Not perma-slow.
Solution: Both unbuilt shelters and built shelters give off mana auras.

-Burn

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:02 am

i like a tasty owl, or 2wotw!!

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:29 am

seacow wrote:i like a tasty owl, or 2wotw!!
Yeah, that's why decent huntress isn't as great against a decent titan, but more of a hero like bloodseeker in DotA2 where he just pub stomps all the pubs all day everyday. One other major downside to huntress when pubbing is obviously when you are stuck with no baser you can trust so you decide to not base at all late game, which can lead to losses.

-Burn

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:51 am

Strategy not new but which pub is good enough for that?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 am

aRt)Y wrote:Strategy not new but which pub is good enough for that?

A lot of people who will read this topic that is probably good enough but don't do it because they are gold whores or other reasons?

Let's start the list with the people who have already posted in this topic.

1) Art)y
2) Timmythetauren

Need I go on?

-Burn

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:45 pm

The most annoying stalling strategy i seen is dish out by demologist
Wall off all the 4 corner, early in game is very punishing for a low level titan.
if he tried to go out feed ( probably 1 or 2 lumber base), the demo will seal of the exit, thus the player will have lot of gold.
if he does not want to go out for feed, and camp, low level titan will have hard time with the wall especially if there are repairers.
Either way, titan either go out for some feed, thus builder have plenty of gold ( and get fucked by overgold demo) or he camp and waste shitload of time(and get fucked by huntards).

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 pm

seacow wrote:The most annoying stalling strategy i seen is dish out by demologist
Wall off all the 4 corner, early in game is very punishing for a low level titan.
if he tried to go out feed ( probably 1 or 2 lumber base), the demo will seal of the exit, thus the player will have lot of gold.
if he does not want to go out for feed, and camp, low level titan will have hard time with the wall especially if there are repairers.
Either way, titan either go out for some feed, thus builder have plenty of gold ( and get fucked by overgold demo) or he camp and waste shitload of time(and get fucked by huntards).
Exactly, this is an inhouse titan's worst nightmare. If he can not find feed in the first three minutes or before he gets walled in, there is a high chance of him losing.

Of course, this is the definition of an actual decent inhouse with really good players, at least 5 lumber bases and at least two demo/huntress to wall in the titan. (two best wall-in builders that don't require RC for upgraded walls)

The titan can still farm in pubs where there are RCs at mid, or get enough early feed for wards and wotw to camp the mound until he gets a good kill. Generally the titan will have to resort to camping or he will risk builders with abundant gold and g2l for mega bases by the GP mark.

Unless he picks some OP camper like Breeze, Molt or Syph - even maybe Bubonicus for that gruesome plague. Farm enough wotw so that people can't gold whilst he feeds off mid walls, until the side walls become enough feed for the titan that the lumber income from the builders cap at supers, and you get fed enough to take down any super base.

Of course, if the titan gets an early minion, then that should mean GG for most inhouse games, let alone pub games. With the feed rate doubled with both a minion and the main titan and easy mid ganks, it's just too hard to gold, as long as you feed off of mid walls religiously.

-Burn

Return to “Island Defense”