Winning a game as Titan effect

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
NotYacapo
Forest Walker

Winning a game as Titan effect

Postby NotYacapo » Wed May 23, 2018 6:01 am

Special people have that green aura effect around them in Island Defense. I think it’s the fact that they’re just OG’s or helped with the development of the game. I killed Cardflip in a game when he was sat and it dropped a red question mark as Item I can pick up, and went in my inventory that said “this effect will be added for beta testers of 4.0, double right click to use” and then I got a small yellow thing around my character. It was weird, if anyone knows what that was about feel free to inform me. But people like Lynx have the green things flying around them. Just so we know what we are talking about it’s like a special effect, but it doesn’t effect any stats or nothing. It’s basically like a status.

My proposal is, could we add a special animation to people that have won a game as Titan, which actually takes some skill to win a game as Titan, took a long time before I won my first game. We have a special section we’re people can submit the link to the game they won as Titan. I just think it will add some kind of fear factor, like people will be like “oh shit this guy has won as Titan, we have to try”. and when people talk shit that don’t have that special animation and you have a bad game then you can make fun of them. Just a thoughtful proposal. Also it’s kind of like a status. Like in fortnite you win a game you get a umbrella to show it off. Well win a game as Titan and you can show it off. Also it’d be a lot cooler if there was a rank up special affect like you get one for 1 win. 25. 50. Then 100. The 100th one stands out like crazy. But I know there’s no way to keep track of that so I wouldn’t push for it, but I want to push for the submitting your 1 win, and getting to show it off. Honestly just for those damn builders that triple base and call you shit but wouldn’t have the effect because they’re absolute trash at Titan and think they are good because they can triple base.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Re: Winning a game as Titan effect

Postby FollowingPath » Wed May 23, 2018 7:26 am

You essentialy want a medal for winning 1 game lol

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 pm

There are two types of aura's in the game, discounting the editor's grace aura reserved for IAmDragon, Neco, and Remixer (though Neco no longer has his.)

The first is the 4.0.0 alpha tester aura, which was given to people like Lynx-, BurnShady, and the people who helped Neco recode the map after he started developing.

The second is the current glow effect given to Beta Testers, which is a growing list of people that help IAmDragon and Remixer.

If you'd like a chance (note: not a guarantee) to assist with the map you can join the Azeroth discord server for announcements. Message someone like myself, Ben_T, Kappa, or Dragon himself if you'd like an invite link. There are a few people capable of letting you in in game as well, just ask around.

Edit: Also, it is impossible to add an effect for number of games won, as the map itself does NOT keep track of such things. the editor actually has to add the effect by hand, to your account in the code. (IE: There's a list inside the game itself and if you're on the list you recieve the effect.)
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

1337hamburger
Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Wed May 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Like 99% of people can win a game as titan lol, it's really not very hard.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Yarragon wrote:The first is the 4.0.0 alpha tester aura, which was given to people like Lynx-, BurnShady, and the people who helped Neco recode the map after he started developing.

Alpha tester's was given to the first players of the ID 4.0 series. Handful of them were given out to people who, much like the IAmDragon/Remixer series, help tested the map, found bugs, overall contributed to it's development.

>Helping re-code would imply that they had an involvement in the map making process that extended beyond mere verbal communication, which wasn't the case. Or if it was, that wasn't the reason they were given the alpha testers aura.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Wed May 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Merex wrote:>Helping re-code would imply that they had an involvement in the map making process that extended beyond mere verbal communication, which wasn't the case. Or if it was, that wasn't the reason they were given the alpha testers aura.

Ok, poor phrasing on my end Av1on. When I said recoded I implied they were helping him when he did so, not that they had access to the map files. But I wasn't technically incorrect. He gave them out the same way Dragon is lol.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “Island Defense”