ITs truly dying...

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Re: ITs truly dying...

Postby lordmillt4 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Honestly all you do as a "Vet" player is complaining instead of actually being active and actually know whats needs to be fixed you sit here and want to revert things & silly suggestions id never see happening. Maybe start playing instead of complaining all the time of the quality of the inhouse.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:45 am

I can fully say that if neco wouldn't have touched Island Defense after 3.0.9d, island defense would have been more active. Like honestly how could even state the contrary?
1) 4.0 streamlined titans to have the exact same template of skills
2) 4.0 made builders extremely bland and pretty much the same - especially morphling
3) 3 builders removed 1 titan removed
4) 3 years later since the start of 4.0 and experience gain for titan is still fubar
5) shitty unbalanced tech tree and titan lumber(??)

What's the trade off for these sacrifices? desyncs? comfortable hotkeys? -cam lock? -unique pick? like honestly someone tell me what features 4.0 has added that makes up for even one of the points above

BenT you are some random shitter NA with attitude, your ego is so sensitive that when someone admires another player you feel hurt you aren't mentioned, and neither should you because your lack of skill and knowledge of the game.

@millt assuming I haven't done that? I've done my part, devs have time and time again shown they don't listen to my opinion regardless of my attitude in the post. So tell me why I should continue?
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post:
vex193 (Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:04 pm)

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:20 am

@Lyxn

BenT you are some random shitter NA with attitude, your ego is so sensitive that when someone admires another player you feel hurt you aren't mentioned, and neither should you because your lack of skill and knowledge of the game.

@millt assuming I haven't done that? I've done my part, devs have time and time again shown they don't listen to my opinion regardless of my attitude in the post. So tell me why I should continue?

Hilarious. Game is worse because they don't listen to my opinions (because you are obviously always right). Ben_T's opinions are wrong and he has an ego (because he disagrees with you and apparently not from the same region as you????? Logical). Only thing you wanted to do is take over IDL and be in charge. I don't think you actually care about ID anymore, you just care about feeling important.

All I see is an old player who has a massive ego himself about the good old days and fails to participate constructively in anything we do now and instead resorts to talking poorly about current players and devs. Its being self-centered and relying upon nostalgia rather than the future that piss people off.

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:26 am

@Lynx If neco hadn't touched Island Defense, there would still be so many broken things that, yes make the game more exciting, but also makes the game unbalanced. Desyncs only happened because of Blizzard making an unstable update, so tell me what sacrifices were really made? Balance changes? Damn, I hate it when developers of games fix broken mechanics.

I also love how you're talking about my ego when before we had an ID League, we occasionally hosted games and tried to have more skilled players and you would be the first to die in them pretty frequently. And these games would have people like Nun in them. When your ego gets questioned, you start to cry and blame everything else that you possibly can like the editors or just shitting on other players because they actually call you out on shit. Then you see other good players and go hey let me try to not act like I'm an egotistical asshole and start jerking them off.

Listen to lordmillt if you dont think I'm good, he was so good you called him out for cheating because he shit on you so bad. From what I've heard from every previous staff member of Island Defense In-House Leagues, you were always the one causing the issues and annoying everyone, not to mention you were one of the main reasons the league died out previously. The devs have no time to listen to a person like you and I dont blame them one bit.

Thanks for your time.

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 am

Have you ever thought of that when you have always been saying that the 4.0.x series has been so shit and want to go back to the sinking 3.0.9d ship where yes it might been fun with few more builders but the game itself wasn’t balanced, not even close to be honest and we both know the game was way to one sided for builders back then and it was only fun for these “vet” players might just make yourself look bad in editors eyes that you think they’re doing a bad work but like 99% of the actual community is loving their work and changes. Time to move on

Anyhow also current editors has a lot of work to do (they recently changed and moved on from necos way of coding which will make it easier to edit) so when they actually have time they will finish their current list of projects and I’m not sure what you’ve said but have you thought that mby it’s not even close to be prio like fixing builders & titans?

Also when you suggest something that may be gamebreaking they can’t just listen to one player cuz obvious reasons (you suggest something broken and they would need more than just one player to actually verify that it’s a good chance, if ur idea gets backed up by x players they’ll obvious listen to you.)

Also on time and time you have shown that you want to revert changes and change back builders like Tauren back to his fort armor, which is silly & this could just maybe change their sight of ur suggestions of being less realistic. Instead of reverting changes just start like some buffs to certain builder (not an entire rework) and like base buffs/nerfs.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am

Actually yes 309d was more balanced when it came to inhouses that’s why the ENT and BTI grunt Inhouses worked so well. I don’t have too much information about balance in 4.0.0 inhouses because from what I’ve played they were all pubhouses and were all one sided. But I did play a lot of 4.0.0 games both inhouses and pubs and IMO it is much less balanced when compared to 309d (both inhouses and pubs)

Also as an ex-id in-house league staff, lynx was fine, no drama there

And the reason why I don’t play ID any more is because my computer is legit fucked and won’t update wc3, else id still be playing. I also complained a lot when I was active because I care about the direction island deffense is going. I still do, because I will definitely come back to ID in the future - as long as ID is still alive, which is what I’m trying to do by giving suggestions in addition to my constructive criticism.

vex193
Aura Tree

Postby vex193 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:02 pm

@Burn Have you tried to launch the wc3launch.exe and repair warcraft3 from that. I know, the nearly weekly patches, has seriously pissed me off with that bug.

Now on the subject of older game balances, Starcraft 1's last game balance patch was 2001 and still is one of the most balanced games I have seen. I feel like if someone took the blizzard's approach to balancing the game. which is fix the game-breaking exploits and bring back the old cast of Defenders and Titans and just watch the meta for awhile. The game would be fresh with life again. Because when I came back last summer to ID Pub, the big flow of new players with the alt titans was a bigger waste of my time than waiting hours for a game and dealing with the consistent trolls that threw games. Nearly every game I joined this year, ended near 10 minute mark from the experience snowball or new players that wall their lanes in completely with little regard to an experience player telling what they should do.

I also hate that there was a suggestion box in discord for small quality of life on discord that was disregarded.
What is this "secret" that Victoria has?

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:01 pm

@burnshady the one thing that makes me think 3.0.9d was unbalanced is mainly that for inhouses, Titan needed -froff.

In the current state of the game, titans don’t need -froff even for Inhouses and yes you could say that’s due to the quality of players, but even with a full lobby of players who all make unnukeable lumber bases that are self det, the Titan still ends up at level 15 by the end of the game when -froff is enabled at the start.

My point of all of this is that I don’t believe -froff is necessary for inhouses in the current version, whereas it was in the previous 3.0.9d. And that leads me to believe that 3.0.9d was unbalanced in favor of the builders, requiring a well experienced Titan in an in-house to be given a perk that is meant to be given to noobs.

I’m sure you have noticed that people who play Titan in 4.0 seem to get to much higher levels as lvl 7 used to be sieging levels in the past and now titans are getting to 9-12 for their sieges. Again, you could say this is due to the quality of players, however, I believe it’s mainly due to the changes made. We’ve had 3.0.9d competitive games with the current players and the Titan still can only get to level 7 ish by the end game, the same result of players from the past.

With all that said, nothing will beat you just coming and experiencing it for yourself ;) I hope you can get your Warcraft III working again, message me on discord if you need any help.

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Postby lordmillt4 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 am

I’m not quite sure how was 3.0.9d pubs and the inhouses balances (even though they were fun) l, you’d lose if you faced a stack in pubs, you’d lose if you weren’t best tier titan player in the inhouses, though I agree both versions has it downsides

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:54 am

rip panda.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Only takes like 200 recent games and a bit of research to become a best tier titan player. These players didn’t need froff to beat a peon in-house. For ent inhouses games were much higher quality - but even still, plus, Pingu and Brandon frequently played titan successfully without froff.

Also it’s not so much the wc3 problem but my cpu problem so there’s not much luck there. And I feel like I have enough experience in 4.0.0 inhouses to judge balance there. And yes, titans got a tonne of exp if builders were bad in 4.0.0 or completely stomped by a merchant rush. 4.0.0 Games were not balanced at all.

-Burn

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 pm

Burn wrote:Also as an ex-id in-house league staff, lynx was fine, no drama there

Joke of the year. Him and ShadowZz did nothing but cause drama.
These users thanked the author Haunt for the post (total 2):
Panopticon (Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:50 am) • Merex (Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:09 pm)

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 am

Haunt wrote:
Burn wrote:Also as an ex-id in-house league staff, lynx was fine, no drama there

Which was the main reason neither of them were ever invited into the IDL, which also explains their sour attitude towards the ID community.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Haunt wrote:

ShadowZz was friends with fossurious and some other inhouse worthy players I can't remember who, shadowzz was a pub tier player who wanted to play in house games because he was friends with some vouched players. I tried denying shadowzz's vouch process because he honestly was a bad player and should improve his knowledge and ability understand the game. He thought he was a good player when all he did was play magnataur afk in a seed, why should a player like that be prioritized a lobby slot in an in house league which values integrity?`

I tried denying shadowzzs vouch but the result was a shittone of butthurt and the shadowzz clique boycotting the league.

The downfall of the league was because more and more people requested in houses to be played in 4.0.0 instead of 309d (the beggining of the league was played in 309d because 4.0.0 had desync issues) and along with the 4.0.0 inhouse came one way polarized stomps with extremely few games being nail-biting close. That combined with shadowzzs clique boycotting the league, we had a lack of players and had to quit.

Who is the villain here?

Panopticon wrote:Which was the main reason neither of them were ever invited into the IDL, which also explains their sour attitude towards the ID community.

What island defense league are we talking about here? the currently ongoing one? I don't actively play island defense so i don't see why I should be given a vouched spot in the league. I don't have a sour attitude towards the id community, I dislike some of the core of the azeroth clique because I think they're arrogant and disrespectful towards new and old players, just generally toxic in the community. As a result of this I think island defense have been negatively impacted by design decisions pushed by the azeroth clique, althought I'm sure some good ideas have come from it.

Also I just want to comment about the absolute state of cringe Panopticon is. What's your thing with changing nicknames all the time? PSA: timeline of panopticons names: Wyldcard_Fenix -> R.T.M.X -> Vigilance(something like that) -> SolApotheosis -> Panopticon. Wyldcardfenix is a well known maphacker btw

Also for those that continue to shill for 4.0.0 please answer this
Lynx wrote:1) 4.0 streamlined titans to have the exact same template of skills
2) 4.0 made builders extremely bland and pretty much the same - especially morphling
3) 3 builders removed 1 titan removed
4) 3 years later since the start of 4.0 and experience gain for titan is still fubar
5) shitty unbalanced tech tree and titan lumber(??)

What's the trade off for these sacrifices? desyncs? comfortable hotkeys? -cam lock? -unique pick? like honestly someone tell me what features 4.0 has added that makes up for even one of the points above
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Not sure if lynx was vouched or not for idihl but I hosted probably 90% of the official Ent games and 95% of Bti grunt in-house games and I can guarantee you he was on his best behaviour.

Maybe you can forgive him for being a little salty on the forums because he, like every other ex-stid player is unhappy with the changelogs neco made, and I’m sure posting in a thread topic named “it’s truly dying” AKA “bash Neco thread” doesn’t help in terms of the salty flavour.

Return to “Island Defense”