Builder rqs need to be banned

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
fishy_joes
Aura Tree

Builder rqs need to be banned

Postby fishy_joes » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:04 am

Every time I titan in pub games I get an early kill and 3/4 of the builders leave the game. The game is not counted towards my win ratio after everyone rage quits. This needs to be changed.

lordmillt
Treant

Re: Builder rqs need to be banned

Postby lordmillt » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 am

I kinda agree and still dont, if we ban leavers as builders like u say, we are gonna need to wait 3hours for a lobby, (i know that feelin not funny). We cannot ban 5builders of each stomp doe @fishy_joes and you know why, id is lacking players.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:01 am

Not this again pls.

-Burn

MuG
    Resource Storage

Postby MuG » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm

For once I agree with lor---llt. Can we just all ban @1337Hamburger pls? k ty :)

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Builder rqs certainly have a large impact on the game in this version for this change to be warranted. Though the question is should we ban builder rqs or should we remove the builder fr decrease on leaving the game?

1337hamburger
    Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:53 am

I have asked for this a few times fishy, I don't think it is gonna happen.

Fate-
    Aura Tree

Postby Fate- » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Couldn't we just make it so every builder has to stay to a certain time in the game like say 10 mins. For example titans can RQ after 10 mins. Honestly I never really see this happen in games to often unless it is a game vs a Fishy level player.

ShadowZz
    Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm

A better rule would be to ban people who go observer at the start of the game. There joining and afking or intentionally dodging a titan. 5 people went observer in a game vs ImANewby yesterday.

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:47 pm

ShadowZz wrote: 5 people went observer in a game vs ImANewby yesterday.

All they are doing is punishing the builders, and rewards the Titan. A simple solution would be to remove the fr decrease when a builder leaves. Otherwise the already small population would decrease as banned players increased.

Stealer
    Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Seeing as the FR impact makes it a negative to leave I'm not sure how you're justifying removing it to cause builders to stay.

Builders won't get banned because too many people do it. If you want 'high' quality games play an inhouse. Public games were never meant to be competitive and that's why you can't kick bad people.
    The same comment applies to obs as well. I never quite got why shadowzz hates obs considering that's all you did when foss would Titan. (Who cares if it's builder or mod, you're still dodging)

ShadowZz
    Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Agreed, makes no fucking sense whatsoever. It's there so as when people do exactly this it tries to impact the game less by adjusting feed rates and providing gold. Surely everyone can see why that is there (I fucking hope so....).
    I agree with the public games comment completely. I just want people who join the game to play to actually play rather than clogging a slot and resulting in a shit game due. quality of games should be preserved as much as possible. Other games ban people for simply "not working" with the team, ID doesn't even ban for point blank refusing to play after joining via not picking and going obs.
    The only time I ever obs is from the obs slot. That never negatively impacted the amount of feed in the game. Still 10 players. Still 10 sources of exp and gold. I don't quite understand your point with that statement but meh...

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:05 am

Stealer wrote:Seeing as the FR impact makes it a negative to leave I'm not sure how you're justifying removing it to cause builders to stay.
    ShadowZz wrote:Agreed, makes no fucking sense whatsoever. It's there so as when people do exactly this it tries to impact the game less by adjusting feed rates and providing gold. Surely everyone can see why that is there (I fucking hope so....).

It doesn't make builders stay. What it does is, it doesn't punish the builders deciding to stay instead of leave. An another argument in favor of removing the feeding rates change that was missed when this discussion was before is; when builders leave the titan gain a massive advantage and the builders lose a massive advantage, which of course being the builder that left which could help in winning the game.

Off topic:
    Stealer wrote:I never quite got why shadowzz hates obs considering that's all you did when foss would Titan. (Who cares if it's builder or mod, you're still dodging)
    ShadowZz wrote:The only time I ever obs is from the obs slot. That never negatively impacted the amount of feed in the game. Still 10 players. Still 10 sources of exp and gold. I don't quite understand your point with that statement but meh...

tbh I only ever saw Shadowz as observer or afking as a magnataur.

ShadowZz
    Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:23 am

The titan also loses all of the gold from that builder throughout an entire game, all of the exp from that builder and a minion. There is no argument here.... Pretty sure everyone else can see why it's there....

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:40 pm

ShadowZz wrote:The titan also loses all of the gold from that builder throughout an entire game, all of the exp from that builder and a minion. There is no argument here.... Pretty sure everyone else can see why it's there....

Nice confirmation bias, feels like I'm arguing with a kid.

Of course I know why you think it should be there. But you can very much argue for defenders lose the same value of an asset as the titan lose when a builder leaves. What this change does is it gives titan immediate compensation for the builder leave. (If the builder stayed the experience and gold the builder would've fed, would've been delayed until the titan found it.)

Essentially, in 3.0.9d when a builder left the the defenders and the titan would lose kind of the same amount of value, so it would be Defender value -1 and Titan value -1. But in 4.0.0 the defenders lose the same amount of value but the titan gains value so the builders are even more at an disadvantage, so it is like Defender value -1 and Titan value +1.

Tbh this is mostly about experience. There is no guarantee that the titan would get a minion from the leaving builder nor is gold such a major difference, average gold per game is probably below 200, that is less than 20 per builder which is insignificant.

ShadowZz
    Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:04 pm

You realize it only gives 10 gold? Probably didn't considering you never bother testing before you blurt random shit out on posts but meh....

Return to “Island Defense”