:?:

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
Lynx
Donator

:?:

Postby Lynx » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:10 am

The state of this subforum is constant negativity towards creative thinking and condescending attitudes towards those with new ideas. Supposedly, everything has been discussed and thought through to the fullest of extents; apparently leaving the current version of Island Defense unimprovable because it's perfect.

Everyone is very smart, and those who want to create discussions are just left with comments on how stupid their initial thoughts were. All of this causing Island Defense to be left in a constant state of limbo.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: :?:

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 am

Having a 'real' discussion and trying to list all negative aspects of one's idea(s) is not a bad thing though as the brain-storming helps a lot.

Map development is not necessarily a democratic thing. Neco decides what he wants or what he doesnt.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm

I gotta admit I do feel a little guilty of instigating the negativity by combating negativity with more negativity (basically telling them that their point is irrelevant). I was tired and wasn't thinking straight. Now the topic is all sorts of fucked and I'll try to repair it with more constructive answers.

-Burn

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:00 pm

@Burn I may be wrong but I think you're referring to the competitive ID topic and without sounding condescending I think people are just looking for more clarity from you. I mean that in a sense of understanding the sheer amount of time it would take to create a playable version. I also think it's frustrating people when you say things like (not a direct quote, cba to check) "you only need to change the terrain and a few builders" where as a lot of people are seeing it as you would literally need to remake every single builder and titan including all items in the entire game to suite it as well as potentially completely removing the gold mound so as opposing teams don't help each other gold etc so on and so fourth, shit like that lol. Didn't want to derail that topic in-case the reply to this is unwelcoming so I put it here instead. I completely get that you're just looking at the concept/idea of making it happen and seeing if anyone would play/develop it but I think people just want pure information and understanding on your part as you suggested it. *thumbs up*

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:01 am

Have you even read my first post?

"Half the map is playing 3 red builders vs 1 blue titan + 1 mini, half the map is 3 blue builders vs 1 red titan + 1 mini swaps at 15/20/30 min. Rematches predetermined, best of 1/2/3."

I presented a vague concept. Like I said, it can be anything. We can all talk about it together like a community when the time arises, but that wasn't the point of the topic. We can make a new topic for that.

I was talking about whether people would play a version where everything is fair and balanced to fix all the current major issues of Island Defense using in-houses as a trial.

-Burn

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Pot kettle etc
These users thanked the author wastedlandering for the post:
1337hamburger (Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm)
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:26 am

Toxic ID community etc

-Burn

Return to “Island Defense”