EntLink Hosting Unreliable - Seeking Advice

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

cashmeoutside-
Armored Tree

EntLink Hosting Unreliable - Seeking Advice

Postby cashmeoutside- » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:08 am

Hi there,

We are trying to host nightly inhouse dota games. However, lately, the ENTlink hosting doesn't seem to be reliable.

We try to initiate a hosted game via the ENTlink website. We appear in the queue, but the game never gets created, even after we are removed from the queue.

Does anyone know how we can reliably host on ENT's servers?

I recently donated in the hopes that it would help to no avail! Just want a reliable solution.

Thanks much for your support.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: EntLink Hosting Unreliable - Seeking Advice

Postby Unitil » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:17 am

Hosting has been known to require multiple attempts to have it hosted live for people to join.

Some things you can try/keep in mind are:
1. Ensure you are checking the games list at the same time you're hosting your game. Unless it is listed on the following link it is not actually hosted and available to join.
games.php
2. Hosting may require you to do it 5 ~ 10 times in a row for it to be actually hosted. This is a known issue, and the best work around at the moment is multiple attempts at hosting.
3. Some servers have difficulties connecting to ENT games. If your game is listed on the ENT Games list, but you're unable to join then try switching your server to see if you're able to join the game. Alternatively you can always try switching the hosting server as well (Best luck I've had is with the Europe server currently. NY may also work for you as well)

Hopefully this helps you get your games setup more consistently.
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post:
Richardik (Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 am)

Richardik
Basic Tree

Postby Richardik » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:40 am

Unitil wrote:Hosting has been known to require multiple attempts to have it hosted live for people to join.

Some things you can try/keep in mind are:
1. Ensure you are checking the games list at the same time you're hosting your game. Unless it is listed on the following link it is not actually hosted and available to join.
games.php
2. Hosting may require you to do it 5 ~ 10 times in a row for it to be actually hosted. This is a known issue, and the best work around at the moment is multiple attempts at hosting.
3. Some servers have difficulties connecting to ENT games. If your game is listed on the ENT Games list, but you're unable to join then try switching your server to see if you're able to join the game. Alternatively you can always try switching the hosting server as well (Best luck I've had is with the Europe server currently. NY may also work for you as well)

Hopefully this helps you get your games setup more consistently.

That explains the significant lack of players and issues I had regarding hosting the games.
People from some realms can get in just to get kicked second later.
Do you have any idea when will things get back to normal?
Thanks.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Unfortunately I am unaware of an ETA on a fix for most bots to host on missing realms. I'm sure it is on their radar, but it may take some time for it to officially be repaired/announced.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:32 am

No ETA on the fix, but its on the to-do-list.

Prcoessing
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Support Cases”