[CF] Loss when won or Disconnect/Leavers bug - WTF

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

SirSandgroper
Aura Tree

[CF] Loss when won or Disconnect/Leavers bug - WTF

Postby SirSandgroper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

See this replay:

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 656603.w3g

During the enter modes period, I was pasting modes for red to type and he was. During that period, Green (|_epic_death_|) disconnected. Not long after red quit in a huff fighting with us and blue it seems, though that a misunderstanding and I'm not reporting him per say, as he entered modes and this a ruined game by now anyway, as teal also left. Three of us left, including just blue other team. Grey and I voted for a draw, blue seems too noob or troll to vote - not reporting for that either. But despite -bal1 mode, there was this bug I've seen before, where if there's a leaver with -bal1 mode, the remaining players are unable to take control of the builder and also the builder won't build as AI, just stands there. So you are limited to 2 builders. And same seemed to happen for blue, he limited to just his builder. Blue wasn't following advice and doing wrong commands for !draw and so we decided just to down the castle and we did. After that point the game ended. So I thought - either we won or the game a desync or drawn event, right?

But no, despite all the above and blue being disconnected too - apparently, his team won?! WTF. Nothing in red's modes either, nothing tricky there like GLW. Game had 1 d/cer, 2 leavers and our team of two downed the castle of a team of one, both sides unable to use the remaining builders. So I have no idea why it counted as a loss to us and a huge ELO loss for me.

Could you correct please? As a draw result atleast - I wouldn't claim a winner in this one, but certainly not a loss for our side!

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Re: [CF] Loss when won or Disconnect/Leavers bug - WTF

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 am

@SirSandgroper
Well Yes if people leave be4 modes is set bal1 and some others dont work. think theres only 1 round no matter how many was set, dont remember that part tho. But it's semi-known and 1 of the reasons why DC-Draw should kick in if someone leaves within the first minues.

So if DC-Draw didnt kick in somethings wrong and should be fixed cuz if someone leaves that early it messes up the modes and other things and is a big mess. (That part of the bots settings might have been lost during all the updates and new accs and cdkeys and so on maybe??)

that red should not have been red tho IDK why so many n00bs get red cant people start making modes to copy and just stay red when they join.. He was the last one to join and Red should not be the last slot.. xd

SirSandgroper
Aura Tree

Postby SirSandgroper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 am

wTc[JediMaster] wrote:@SirSandgroper
Well Yes if people leave be4 modes is set bal1 and some others dont work. think theres only 1 round no matter how many was set, dont remember that part tho. But it's semi-known and 1 of the reasons why DC-Draw should kick in if someone leaves within the first minues.

So if DC-Draw didnt kick in somethings wrong and should be fixed cuz if someone leaves that early it messes up the modes and other things and is a big mess. (That part of the bots settings might have been lost during all the updates and new accs and cdkeys and so on maybe??)

that red should not have been red tho IDK why so many n00bs get red cant people start making modes to copy and just stay red when they join.. He was the last one to join and Red should not be the last slot.. xd

Just to clarify, we sought to !draw and advised blue to do !draw, but he kept doing -draw and some other random modes. I wanted to play with friends and got to, but all that doesn't matter as to the error ingame - atleast it should say WE WON, register that way or some kind of draw/no result, instead of the opposite.

This is why I report in the Technical Support section, rather than Report Player section. It's a Technical Issue, an error.

SirSandgroper
Aura Tree

Postby SirSandgroper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Are mods going to look at this? Again it's weird and may be partially explained by what Jedi said, but given that, I still don't know why it registered a result and all-the-more, one against my side, the side who downed the opponent's castle, was victorious in the one and only round played. Please see the replay:

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 656603.w3g

Edit: I re-watched replay and checking log it said when Green disconnected: "All the players of Eastern Forces have left, Western has won" when WTF only Green disconnected and Grey and myself remained?!!!! That's the error, right there!

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:30 pm

@SirSandgroper Ye thats ingame map code tho and not the bots messages :P
And ye I think so in time they try to be known for "doing thier job" so intime they'll see this too (and hopefully do something and not just adding a number to "views" :) )

Hutzu
Protector of Nature

Postby Hutzu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 am

Three things need to be addressed:
1) ELO-adjust -> We don't do that.
2) Worker-Bug -> If a mode like -bal1 causes something like workers being useless (cant control etc.), then what ENT can do is to ban the mode. (Please post a suggestion for that in the Suggestion-section)
3) Wrong winner -> Since we just host the map, we cannot check what went wrong. And until we get more info about how that bug is triggered, we cannot do anything about it.

I know the answers are probably not as satisfying as you wanted them to be, but it cant be helped. @SirSandgroper

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:08 am

No answer, processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”