Lagging out Gproxy DLL

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

lazyguy
Resource Storage

Lagging out Gproxy DLL

Postby lazyguy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Game: [ENT] \/\/ /\/\ \/\/ #5, 10/11/2017
It seems that in a 3v3 game I (sometimes) lag out, but I use Gproxy DLL
Spoiler!
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=Gproxy_DLL

I know this game causes some desync, as soon as I get the lag box asking if I want to disconnect, I check the games page (with the show already started games) and I am not in it anymore. Implying that I already lagged out or that I desynced. It can't be because others have dropped me because I check immediately after I receive the lag box.

My question is, why am I lagging and why aren't I reconnecting? Is it because that is what 3v3 does?
I've tried contacting the map editor because there are multiple post regarding desync in game and it seems to be caused by widgetizing. In which I pmed the editor to try to remove it.

I should note that even though the game says I'm lagging, I am not as I can browse the internet even while it says I am lagging.

I know ENT autobans for leaving/lagging because it has happened to me before. And I don't wanna get banned for something out of my control :lol:

P.S. I hope this is in the right location :)

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: Lagging out Gproxy DLL

Postby Unitil » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 am

Hi @lazyguy

Is this the game you've mentioned above? LINK

Do note, GProxy DLL only protects you against disconnecting and desyncing tends to occur due to a map related issue. Unless the map maker is able to identify/fix the issue causing you to desync, you will continue to run into this issue with no easy fix.

If you're currently using Mac, you may want to consider installing Windows with Bootcamp (second partition/application), or even with a Windows Virtual Machine software.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Lagging out Gproxy DLL

Postby bezdak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

No response, processing.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Return to “Processed Support Cases”