Will hosting ever be fixed?

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

SoulxReaver
Armored Tree

Will hosting ever be fixed?

Postby SoulxReaver » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Will hosting ever be fixed? It's been years almost.. every time I attempt to host a map through the site, there's always the need to spam refresh page until I get a hold of a bot that's "working".

Why is this happening? Don't you think that out of like.. 100 bots, and only 2-3 work for custom hosting is a bit of a problem?

I loved ENT back in the day, was stable, you host something and bam, it's there.. but now? I never thought I'd witness the day MMH would look more reliable in comparison.

It's just a real bummer. It's free, yeah, I get it.. but.. what is truly going on? :f
God damn Ponies.

Kugro
Basic Tree

Re: Will hosting ever be fixed?

Postby Kugro » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Well, I have the same question. But it hasnt been years. It does have its issues. Yesterday Me and several others were getting Desynced after only 10 minutes of gameplay consistantly. Effectively ruining the game when it takes 30 minutes to get enough people, then the game which should last at least an hour gets ruined in 10 minutes by a desync that happens everytime. And now today I can't host at all. Everytime I try it doesnt happen but if you check the Games tab you can see other people are hosting without issues. i've tried both East bots, maybe only West is working? But it hasnt been like this for years like you think Soul, yes its definitely not been the best for along time but games still were hosting perfectly fine last fine. I think something happens on their end and the bots stay broken until someone realizes it and fixes it. Maybe they need more donations? I dont know all I know is I can see people hosting successfully but I cannot and its not always like that.

SoulxReaver
Armored Tree

Postby SoulxReaver » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 pm

To me this was happening prior to Legion being released while playing on Warlords of Draenor.. so.. to me it's years. Perhaps there's some weird problem that comes and goes..? But why? Why is it so crippling that it bars from hosting?
God damn Ponies.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm

@jabba41 Any info regarding private hosting? Are some bots still causing a hosting issue because a certain location is chosen?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

@art)y last time I checked I fixed it. will take a look soon
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Processed Support Cases”