Desync

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

jaguar
Forest Walker

Desync

Postby jaguar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:10 am

hey, so ive been getting a lot of desync from some dota and ltd games, rescently, i dont use a mac to play which makes this really wierd, I dont seem to be able to find any info on this, can anyone help me? what should i do? pls help me ! this started maybe a month ago i didnt have this problem before.

Max-Well
Treant

Re: Desync

Postby Max-Well » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 pm

First of all you have to realize that WC3 is a very old video game. So it don't have the bunch of reconnection- and fallback-functions modern games have.

There are many reasons why desync's happen. But the most common are different client versions and high latencys.

1. Different client version can occure if your player over a local network. If ure connecting with battle.net this can not be the problem.
  2. Another problem can be your latency. This is the time a package needs from your computer to the server. If it takes to long you will get a desync. It's hard to investigate this problem from here. Maybe there's a problem with your network? Or your Provider has issues atm? If your connecting to servers far away can be another reason.

First you can try Gproxy for reconnection maybe it will help you.

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 pm

@Max-Well Gproxy doesn't protect against desyncs. Disconnects sure, since that's a connection based issue, but desyncs as in desynchronization, not so much. From what I can find out, desyncs occur whenever the map or the game itself encounters an inconsistency in which forces a gamestate that can different between two or more players, and which the bot forcibly removes the players that have the inconsistent gamestate. Another way that I found on how to describe a desync is to think of them as a server split, when the game splits an affected player into something like an alternate timeline or along those lines.

@jaguar A possible solution to remedy the desyncs is to restart your war3 after you get desynced but before you join your next game. Not too sure on how to actually stop the issue short of reinstalling war3/redownloading the maps that you seem to desync from, but give restarting/rebooting a try and see how that works out?
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

jaguar
Forest Walker

Postby jaguar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:33 am

ive already tryed restalling wc3, i got desynchronized again after a couple of games... this was maybe a week ago, then days after i tryed hard resetting my computer and it was fine for another couple of days... idk what to blame now... my net seems to be fine i can wisper when i get desync... i dont know how to solve this anymore maybe ill try buying a new computer.. thanks anyway.

Jonxx
Aura Tree

Postby Jonxx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am

Try removing overclocks if you have any.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises...
Nothing shall forestall... my return.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”