Getting kicked when trying to dl map

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

ZanoNyx
Basic Tree

Getting kicked when trying to dl map

Postby ZanoNyx » Sun May 13, 2018 5:35 pm

In last couple of days when i join an ent game and dont have the map in like half the cases i get kicked and have a question mark instead of actual download progress theres like 5-10 seconds of nothing happening where iam in "lag" and then i get kicked out, also sometimes i have the map downloaded from say epicwar or hiveworskop and have to redownload it from enthosting ... which is kinda annoying ... when say the map was just uploaded by someone and i downloaded it from the same link as that person ...
Edit:Forgot to mention, iam connecting from Northrend(europe) didnt try different servers yet ...

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: Getting kicked when trying to dl map

Postby Haunt » Mon May 21, 2018 8:06 pm

@ZanoNyx Are you still experiencing this problem?

Next time this happens, could you tell me the game name and time so I could investigate further.

As for having the map downloaded from somewhere else, some maps have many different versions, and even same version of the map might be named differently in epicwar than it is called on our bot, ergo you have to download it again.

ZanoNyx
Basic Tree

Postby ZanoNyx » Thu May 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Just happened to me again tried to join this and had a question mark and got kicked.
Gamename: Age of Humanity
Bot name: Ent.Europe7
Btw, thats not the problem, even if its freshly uploaded i have to sometimes dl it again, MakeMeHost got it even worse, yestrday was it ? We downloaded map in game, when i tried to restart wc3 to avoid crashes or anything i had to redownload it completly anew ... and with the sizes the maps are getting thats not really great :D

henkepro
Resource Storage

Postby henkepro » Sun May 27, 2018 8:12 pm

this happens with like almost everymap really annoying, its not US, its ur bots btw, its very similiar to the problem that came with YouTD earlier where you just download and u get kicked when finished except in this case its u join and insta kicked or u download and it stops at like 1-10 out of 100 and u get kicked after 5 sec

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Tue May 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Try to remove the map you're trying to download in Documents/Warcraft III/Maps/Downloaded
You might have the map at Program (x86)/Warcraft III/Maps/Downloaded instead. Regardless, after removing the map you're trying to download, try again.

Of course this might not fix the issue at hand, however, I remember a similar issue that occurred for me. The step aforementioned fixed it for me, you should give it a try as well. If you can't find the map you wish to delete then that simply means that there is a different problem causing this.
Discord ID: null#2675

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm

@ZanoNyx

Is this still a problem?

If it is still an issue, try removing/deleting the Program File(x86)/Warcraft III/Maps/ folder.
As there are two locations where maps can be located, it could be causing the confusion within your Warcraft III client. At least, believe I read that somewhere.

If this is not an issue anymore please let us know, and I'll process this topic.

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 am

Unitil wrote:@ZanoNyx

Is this still a problem?

If it is still an issue, try removing/deleting the Program File(x86)/Warcraft III/Maps/ folder.
As there are two locations where maps can be located, it could be causing the confusion within your Warcraft III client. At least, believe I read that somewhere.

If this is not an issue anymore please let us know, and I'll process this topic.

Removing the whole maps folder is unnecessary (you even lose all the maps you've downloaded, unless you back them up). You only need to delete the map that you are downloading in case you have a copy of it.
Discord ID: null#2675

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 pm

By remove, I should have clarified as to have everything in a singular location (C:\User\Username\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\), instead of the two locations. As you've noted, best to remove a map that may be a duplicate within the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcarft III\Maps\ folder.

As the user has not yet responded, and is close to a month without logging in, going to process this topic.

If you continue to have problems, please let us know.

@ZanoNyx

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”