Re-Downloading maps

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Siient-Siim
Basic Tree

Re-Downloading maps

Postby Siient-Siim » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Good afternoon,

I did not see anything posted with this headline but I am hoping you guys can help me with this.

After the patch, we all know the resolutions and sounds are off, however for me, I have to re-download the map every time I play a game. I am on a PC not a mac.

When I trace back all the maps (usually dota) that I am having to re-downlaod they keep showing up in another folder and not the original WC3 maps/Download folder they used to be in, it's like the file source changed with the patch and I'm not sure how to address it or where I should put the maps so that they do not keep having to be re-downloaded. I cannot create a custom map in single player either since they do not show up there like they used to, but the campaign files still load when i try to do that.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? Is the solution to re-install WC3?

While it's not the biggest issue, it takes a whole 20 seconds to re-download it with my connection, but if i want to play offline on the AI maps or try to create my own game to work on a new hero build I can't.

Thank you in advance for your help,

SiIent-SIim

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Re-Downloading maps

Postby Panopticon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm

@Siient-Siim Try deleting all instances of the map you're trying to play before joining the lobby, since the maps are being downloaded to the maps folder in documents/warcraft. Deleting every map copy should clear it up.
These users thanked the author Panopticon for the post:
Siient-Siim (Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm)
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Siient-Siim
Basic Tree

Postby Siient-Siim » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm

@Apoth thank you! That helped with the re-downloading portion, now every time I join the lobby it shows up.

Still doesn’t allow me to load the map to play by myself in either BattleNet or Single player custom game mode for some reason. The games do not appear from the list. I imagine to still just a file path error going on, just not sure where.

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm

This was due to the patch that you were on when you posted this. Blizzard has since resolved this issue.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:50 am

No response, processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”