Need help to host own bot! Please help!

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

oldschool-bosse
Basic Tree

Need help to host own bot! Please help!

Postby oldschool-bosse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:53 am

Hello!

First of all, thanks to the ENT-team for all the good work you've done through the years.

After the big updates earlier this year it made some custom maps unable to play. Including the standard Legion TD war 1.60b version. However this is now fixed and/or have new upgraded versions of the same, that works. (v 1.70)
There was before the big updates a bot up that some people got going that many of you might have been playing on.
(L e g i o n T D #[number]).

Unfortunatly the peeps behind that bot has not fixed a new bot with a working version of the map. Hence it left a big gap in many oldschoolers lives, as myself that much prefer the original versions before the Mega/hell-editions.

After the updates, I suggested in ENT-forum to make one of the multiple Mega/hell-bots to replace the 1.60b war version. This however never became reality, why I do not know since many people prefer the "regular" version. I don't mean this as critique against you in the ENT-team. Just putting the facts on the table. :)

All this led to that me and my friend is working to replace this bot. But we have encountered a problem we dont know how to solve. We need to find the working version of this problem (below) that makes Ghost and Wc3 to function together. I'm asking here becuase you in the ENT-team, and probably others know which version we need and where to find it. I would persume, since your bots is active. :)
So, do you have any answers? I would really appreciate it!

This we need to know:

bnet_custom_war3version = ??
bnet_custom_exeversion = ??
bnet_custom_exeversionhash = ??

Thanks!
/Oldschool-bosse

broud3r
ENT Staff

Re: Need help to host own bot! Please help!

Postby broud3r » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

@oldschool-bosse
The reason we never hosted that map been simply there there was not enough support on that topic.
It doesnt matter how many people would play it if they dont raise their voice here.

However it seems you missed that blizzard will remove hostbots on their next release(which could happen any second)
- check the public announcement for more info.

theres no point in wasting your time on a bot which wont be alive for more than a few days.

oldschool-bosse
Basic Tree

Postby oldschool-bosse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks for the reply.

Well, most ppl might not be here voicing their feelings on that version. But since last bot (and my own regular hosting of it through you) have many ppl playing. Last bot could come up in three-digit numbers of games per day.

About next update, is this really 100% settled? I have not missed out on the info, but from what I could understand, nothing of that is written in stone?
Then of course it's no point if thats the case. But I really really wonder what Blizzard is thinking, and how their new update will be hence 90% of the community is active through the hostbots.

oldschool-bosse
Basic Tree

Postby oldschool-bosse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:33 am

And by the way!

Even if the wc3 goes to shit in this aspect. I still want answer on the problem above! Since we always can go back to earlier patches and private-servers etc in the future. :)

The problem perhaps in that case dont even need a fix if needed to backtrack patches and stuff. My friend is the programmer and not me, so I'm just a middlehand of the problemsolving. :D

/Cheers

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 am

If I remember correctly they are only used for third party PVPGN, which means you dont need them for the bnet realms.

Code: Select all

bnet2_custom_war3version = 28
bnet2_custom_passwordhashtype =
bnet2_custom_pvpgnrealmname = PvPGN Realm

I think this is what I did in the last patch. So just put the newest version instead of the 28.
This is used when private realms are hosting on different versions.

oldschool-bosse
Basic Tree

Postby oldschool-bosse » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am

Many thanks for the answer! :)

I forward the info to my friend, if he has more questions I'll write you here again.

Thank you!
/Bosse

oldschool-bosse
Basic Tree

Postby oldschool-bosse » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:59 pm

It worked! Bot is up and running. :) Thanks!

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:36 am

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”