(Macbook) Can't use Patch 1.30

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

Mangekyo
Resource Storage

(Macbook) Can't use Patch 1.30

Postby Mangekyo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Whadup everybody,

I have Issues installing wc3 on my macbook. Can't install the version posted here on ent, it says " warcraft 3 is unable to initialize, error 3." What the hell does that mean, is it impossible to play wc3 on the mac with the old patch? I usually play on my PC, but wanted to try it on macbook since I have to travel from time to time and don't want to miss some nights of dota. Is there any advise?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: I'm using the latest OS (Mojave 10.14.5) on my macbook pro, just in case it is relevant.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: (Macbook) Can't use Patch 1.30

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:36 am

Hello @Mangekyo

Seems I failed to link the installation instructions for mac on the wc3connect topic.
Here is the link, please follow the video linked there-in and let us know if you still have any issues.
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:OSX_Install

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have updated the wc3connect topic.
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post:
Mangekyo (Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:37 pm)

Mangekyo
Resource Storage

Postby Mangekyo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Thank you very much! It was not as difficult as I thought it would be, but not easy at all! I could install and join wc3 with the old patch, but when I try to use wc3connect, it says my wc3 could not be located (or something like that). But when I go LAN, I see all the games in there - so I don't really mind, since I just look up the game I want to join and click on it! Therefore I don't really need the wc3connect, but if there is any advise, I could still try to fix it.

Big Thanks!!!

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 pm

WC3Connect is required to join any games hosted on our bots.

The warning message you're receiving was something setup pre-1.30.2 and was an attempt to get the user to backup their 1.30.1 installation prior to the 1.30.2 release which killed all bots.

Following the instructions noted will simply supply you with a button to launch your game, however, you can pretty much ignore that message. Games will always be broadcasted to the LAN menu regardless of the position of your installation. However, this does not work on 1.30.2+ patches.

@Mangekyo

Return to “Processed Support Cases”