Tournament information

Think you are the greatest Warcraft III player of all time? Prove it in our August Warcraft III Tournament. Sign up Today!
dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Tournament information

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 am

I am sorry to continue about this, cyber. But I looked at last tournament, and the time was 0.00 to 4.00 o'clock at night for Europeans as well. This means you discarded Europeans (except maybe a few freaks) then as well, just as this time. As I said before, I did not enter that tournament because it was organized at a shit time. This time it only got worse. I don't know why you would organize a tournament at which only Americans/Brazilians can play, not once, but twice. I looked at the participants last time and there was only 1 euro group, while 50% of the players are European. No wonder if the tournament is held at an impossible time.

I wrote down the times for this tour:
Americans/Brazilians: 19.00-23.00 (last time 18/22)
Europeans: 1.00-5.00 (last time 0-4)
Koreans: 8.00 - 12.00 (last 7-11) (in the morning)

So only Americans/Brazilians have a great time to play, for the rest it is bullshit. Who on earth is gonna play in the middle of the night, or at 8 in the morning??? I know it is impossible for everyone to play 20-22, but switch to make 1 group benefit 1 tour, the other the other tour. Now Americans/Brazilians get benefited all tournaments and Europeans and Asians are supposed to play at an impossible hour. It's only fair another continent gets benefited now.

I don't know why you don't take Duckie's suggestion of a another time to play to avoid problems serious for this time. Why are you not interested in the benefit for all? If anything, if you are so 'concerned' with the Asians, playing in the evening would be best for them. And you will have some European contestants as a bonus. (+ Americans and Brazilians might not have the ideal time, but at least playing at 9 in the morning is possible)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 am

Funny thing... you guys never said nothing about this before.. ¬¬
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm sorry if you feel I am all attacking you suddenly. I just let the last tournament pass by because of the bad times for Euro's, assuming times would change for a next tournament. Now that I saw it was the (roughly) same times, I thought I comment on it because I would like to participate in a tournament as well.

I understand if you have this tournament planned as it is. Next time I expect a better time for the euro's though :D
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I understand if you have this tournament planned as it is. Next time I expect a better time for the euro's though :D

This I guess.. :S

Btw Cyber, thanks for doing the legion tours, all legion players who can attend love them, but sadly you put them at terribad times for euro, 1- 5 am lololol, thats just riddiculous. I would never in my worst dreams ahve thought it would be so bad, thats the worst time to pick for the tourney possible lol, and since euro has the largest player base, it just doesnt make any sense at all..

I had really looked forward to playing in the 1v1 and 4v4 tourney and had allready an assembled team with several standin options ready, but if you will not change the time to let euros and asians play without fuckin up their lives, then I guess you will have an american/brazilian tournament with the few off contestants from euro/asia who wanna play 1-5 am or 7-11 am lolol, I cant think of any sane person who'd like those times if they gotta get up for work at 7...

An option you might want to consider is doing brackets in the tournament, depending on where the players/ teams are from.

Like make 3 brackets. and let the best from each meet each other in a final.
Pros: All players from each continent get to play most of the matches at a convenient time for their timeone.
Cons: fucks up the competition, much harder to win in euro with 50 pct of the competition.
the winners from each geographical bracket would still have to play each other at a time where they can.

edit: @ cyber, the reason I didnt say anything before was because the last tourney was hosted in a weekend where I couldnt attend.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:54 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I'm sorry if you feel I am all attacking you suddenly.
No idea why you think that, it's our 4th tournament and you guys said nothing about the date/time. The reason to keep the same time is because has worked so far.. People always talk to me about the tournament and their excuses to not play is always the same (vacations, going to party, etc..). I know some players have a job in the weekend, so what can I do for them? Well, I can say Boo sucks to you?
I'm not trying to please americans or even myself... ppl knows I have a random time to play, so whatever time it is it won't affect me..

MickeyTheMousie wrote:I just let the last tournament pass by because of the bad times for Euro's
like i said before we always got teams from euro o.O Of course some ppl complain about the time due to the delay..

MickeyTheMousie wrote:assuming times would change for a next tournament. Now that I saw it was the (roughly) same times, I thought I comment on it because I would like to participate in a tournament as well.
That's the reason why im not upset, you never did a comment. Now I'm aware maybe I can see your team in the next tournament. C:

DonaldtheDuckie wrote:edit: @ cyber, the reason I didnt say anything before was because the last tourney was hosted in a weekend where I couldnt attend.
sorry bro I don't have mh to see what your thinking. :3

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 pm

It is still 1 month to go before the tournament, and I posted my question regarding the time less than 12 hours after you posted the time. So any comments about "you didn't say anything before" I find completely irrelevant because I could not know this was the time it was being hosted this tournament and I am really quick to post anything about it. If I came at 1 august to complain about the time I would have agreed with your argument, now there is plenty of time to consider any suggestion made.

See you in the october tournament.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Irrelevant is... after 3 tournaments a guy who never played one comes to the forum to says the time is incompatible.. ¬¬
Just to end this drama, you two can cry me a river, i won't change it now just to please you.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:37 pm

cyberpunk wrote:Irrelevant is... after 3 tournaments a guy who never played one comes to the forum to says the time is incompatible.. ¬¬
Just to end this drama, you two can cry me a river, i won't change it now just to please you.

Hey Cyber my friend, we didnt say the time is incompatible, we're saying it's not a very good time for if you want to encourage people from europe, africa, asia and oceania to play.

The only one the time benefits is people from the americas.

Now ofc people who cant participate in something arent very likely to spend a lot of time on it, but rather spend the time on the things they want to participate in.

It's very mature of you to say that we can cry a river, I'm somewhat doubtful of our capacity for producing tears over this will cope with the task of spurting forth a river but hey, thank you anyhow.

Your comment as to "I wont change it now just to please you" I find particularly interesting.

Why do you host this tournament?
Is it to get players to compete vs each other? If you by setting the time so that very few of the good players have a chance to participate, will it be a competition? Well its obviously not a competition open to all, as you discrimate between people from the americas and everyone else. Why do you insist that a american/brazilian tourney is better than a tourney for all, mb cause you are brazilian? Where does the larger portion of the players reside? Not within the timezones which u suggest for hosting! Is that smart as the hoster of a tournament to host the tournament at a time where the smaller part of the best players can participate? Well, if you are from that smaller part of players, then yes, then you just got a huge advantage cause u can crown urself world champion by only facing comparatively speaking bad players from your own part of the world, but guess what, ur own little part of the world doesnt equivalte the world lolol.

To illustrate it, You are brazilian, I'm european, I take it we're both football fans.

Most of the best football nations in the world are european. The hosting comittee is largely made up of europeans. What if they made a rule that americans and brazilians could only play at hours where they were completely deadtired and would therefore not perform very well. Would that be frowned upon? Would you be happy as a brazilian that ur national team would get completely humiliated cause you'd get raped on the field cause ur players would be so tired they would hardly be able to know which direction to run? lol plz mr punk, help us out here

edit: dont change it to please us, I dont give a fuck about you trying to please me, have you ever? But you should care about getting a "competition" to be a competition, not just a rickroll exchange between a few teams from the smaller part of the world, now they cant truly call themselves champions, cause theyd only "compete" vs the smaller part of players, why dont u help them as well as all the ones u are trying to exclude just to be able to eat dinner while watching the tourney. :D

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Lol @cyberpunk

First of all, I agree with Duckie.

Second, I am just here to make a suggestion. Your talk about me not entering or commenting other tournaments is completely irrelevant. Just because I haven't played in other tournaments I should not have a voice in making a suggestion? Way to go to try and get new players in the tournaments.

Your last post is beyond childish. I haven't whined or anything at all. I have said MULTIPLE times I understand your motives and hope you can get a better time for euro's NEXT TOURNAMENT.

As for the drama - that is why I said I am sorry you take this as a personal attack. The fact that you consider this as a drama shows you take it personally. For me it was just a(n innocent) suggestion and again - I accepted the fact you did not want to reconsider (although the reason you did not reconsider is not a good one as I showed on a couple of occasions now).

Lastly, if I posted just for my own motives I would have done anything to make the tournament go in the evening for Euro players, because that is the time that suits me best. Because I was trying to go along in your thought to please Asians I proposed adjusting the time so that Asians play in the evening.

I hope you can learn something about reading the facts instead of letting your imagination flow. Read what I write, not what you think. Don't put me in a corner where I don't belong. I don't make drama, I don't whine, but I just post a suggestion. (Although I will think twice now for another suggestion, look at the way you trash me)

Again, see you in the october tournament (as for your interpretation, that was also a hint I did not want to be "pleased" but that I hoped you would consider my suggestion for next tournament)

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 pm

lol, you both are mad, i'm not even wasting such time to make a wall of text.. go straight to the point!
Again, i won't change the time just to please two guys from the same team. I can change the time when I get a chance to speak with each team leader.
ps. personal drama.. wtf? since when I do care about what ppl thinks about me

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Again, I am not mad. To quote myself: read what I write, not what you think. Don't say I am mad when you do not know if I am or not.
The reason I write my posts out (in a longer way than you want perhaps) is because I hope to conversate with you in a normal, adult way. This turned out to be not the case. To sum it up, you accused me of: crying, trying to get my way, being mad, having no voice because I did not participate in earlier tournaments.

I will be very clear now because you do not seem to understand me:

I dont want: I have tried to say face-to-face to you that I don't want you to do accuse me. Don't call me a whiner, crier, trying to push my will (qua time of tournament) or someoneone who is mad. I am not any of this and I will not be any of this. Am I clear now in the 2nd post that I ask you this? Don't say things I am, want, do or think when I did not write that.

I want: You to talk about things that I write. Can I be any clearer? If I can, please, tell me. Also what I want is that you take my suggestion serious and can confirm me why it is impossible to execute my suggestion this time, or why you do not agree with my suggestion. Lastly, I want you to see I am not here to troll but to give a serious suggestion, therefore I want you to treat me like I treat you. In a normal adult way.

I hope this makes it clear for you.

Also to make it clearer: instead of going in defense mode you could've written something like this: Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, because of logistical reasons we cannot implement your suggestion for this tournament. However, we want to welcome any new players to the league, and therefore I will make sure the next tournament will be on a more suited time for you. I hope to see you there!

Do you see the difference in tone and what you could have avoided?

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:07 pm

The time is already good considering the geographically diverse areas involved: there are players from Asia, U.S., and Europe, so an evening U.S. time is morning in Asia and night in Europe.

The only other time that's possible is morning in U.S., afternoon in Europe, night in Asia.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Well, the latter above would be worse for Asian players than the current time is for European players. I think the best option is to move it back so it's like last tournament, to 6pm-9pm EDT instead of 7pm-10pm EDT (or maybe even 5pm-8pm EDT).

6pm-9pm EDT is midnight-3am CEST for European players, which isn't unreasonable for most people; it is a weekend too.

Edit2: also, morning would only work for one or two days, but we may need three days. Since morning Friday doesn't make any sense.
Edit3: well I guess anyway limited to two days for Asian players. So only alternative I see is noon to 3pm EDT Saturday/Sunday, which would be 6pm to 9pm CEST and midnight to 3am CT/SGT (and 9am to noon PDT). Also not unreasonable for any of the main locations, but suboptimal for U.S. and Asian players.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 pm

I still hope the times can be adjusted to a better time for Europeans, because if it is, I will still be signing up (with my team). If it can't, I hope next time the playing times will be better and we will sign up then.

I really like your suggestion of 3 pm EDT, Uakf.b, maybe that is a time that can be considered.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:37 pm

uakf.b wrote:Edit3: well I guess anyway limited to two days for Asian players. So only alternative I see is noon to 3pm EDT Saturday/Sunday, which would be 6pm to 9pm CEST and midnight to 3am CT/SGT (and 9am to noon PDT). Also not unreasonable for any of the main locations, but suboptimal for U.S. and Asian players.

This would be awesome!

Return to “August Warcraft III”