Tournament information

Think you are the greatest Warcraft III player of all time? Prove it in our August Warcraft III Tournament. Sign up Today!
uakf.b
Staff Department

Re: Tournament information

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:41 pm

6pm-9pm EDT Friday/Saturday is still optimal, since the other time would mean Asian players have to stay up on Sunday night / Monday morning.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:22 pm

DonaldtheDuckie wrote:
uakf.b wrote:Edit3: well I guess anyway limited to two days for Asian players. So only alternative I see is noon to 3pm EDT Saturday/Sunday, which would be 6pm to 9pm CEST and midnight to 3am CT/SGT (and 9am to noon PDT). Also not unreasonable for any of the main locations, but suboptimal for U.S. and Asian players.

This would be awesome!
lol, the same time from the last tournament please you now which contradicts the arguments of your partner to not play in that tournament, you guys are awesome!

Maybe to please everyone in the next tournament, we should change only ltd to single elimination.. so we can make the ltd tourney in the same day.. :3
I don't like the idea, however something we can discuss to the next tourney.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:26 pm

uakf.b wrote:6pm-9pm EDT Friday/Saturday is still optimal, since the other time would mean Asian players have to stay up on Sunday night / Monday morning.

Did you read my post?

Why wouldnt my suggest of: So why dont u pick a time that starts 9 am new york time, 4 pm euro time, and 11 pm asia/australia time. be better?

This way, all continents get to play at a time which is within normal "day" hours. Most people get up at 7am to 12 pm or so.

Your suggestion makes the largest part of the playerbase, the europeans, have to stay up the entire night 1-5 am, then the sun comes up lol 3 nights in a row which would mean completely fucking over our daily rhythms and besides wouldnt be possible on monday morning cause of work.. so your current suggestion is really quite horrible for europeans imo. And lets look at your suggestion for the australians, playing at 8-11 am, saturday, sunday and monday.. What if they got work, how can they be both at work and at home playing at 8-11 am in the morning? The answer is they cant.

I believe My suggestion is the best, or I wouldnt have made it. Maybe you could read my post and explain why any of the arguments doesnt hold.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 pm

cyberpunk wrote:
DonaldtheDuckie wrote:
uakf.b wrote:Edit3: well I guess anyway limited to two days for Asian players. So only alternative I see is noon to 3pm EDT Saturday/Sunday, which would be 6pm to 9pm CEST and midnight to 3am CT/SGT (and 9am to noon PDT). Also not unreasonable for any of the main locations, but suboptimal for U.S. and Asian players.

This would be awesome!
lol, the same time from the last tournament please you now which contradicts the arguments of your partner to not play in that tournament, you guys are awesome!

Maybe to please everyone in the next tournament, we should change only ltd to single elimination.. so we can make the ltd tourney in the same day.. :3
I don't like the idea, however something we can discuss to the next tourney.

Hm, maybe i misread the time, thought it meant 6pm to 9 pm central european time, if it didnt my comment doesnt hold.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:33 pm

If it was me hosting the tourney, I would make it as follows:

friday: 6 pm to 9 pm edt( 10 pm to 1 am gmt)
saturday: 3 - 6 pm gmt
sunday: 3-6 pm gmt

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:37 pm

3-6pm GMT is 11am-2pm EDT, that goes through lunch so is pretty bad timing. And on Sunday, it's late Sunday night for Asian players, who might have work or whatever on Monday.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Why wouldnt my suggest of: So why dont u pick a time that starts 9 am new york time, 4 pm euro time, and 11 pm asia/australia time. be better?

9 am EDT = 6 am PDT, that's very early for a tournament.

Your suggestion makes the largest part of the playerbase, the europeans, have to stay up the entire night 1-5 am, then the sun comes up lol 3 nights in a row which would mean completely fucking over our daily rhythms and besides wouldnt be possible on monday morning cause of work.. so your current suggestion is really quite horrible for europeans imo. And lets look at your suggestion for the australians, playing at 8-11 am, saturday, sunday and monday.. What if they got work, how can they be both at work and at home playing at 8-11 am in the morning? The answer is they cant.

What is my suggestion? I said 6pm - 9pm. Not sure why you think that's 1-5am... the tournament isn't even four hours, and it's actually midnight-3am, which is reasonable for most players.

Also, there's the fact that with the other time (afternoon EDT), Asian players would have to be up at the same midnight-3am time, so if that's a problem then changing it like that is senseless. Not to mention that it's Sunday night instead of just Friday/Saturday night.

We've thought this through already, and decided that 6pm-9pm EDT Friday/Saturday is the best time for LTD tournaments.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm

uakf.b wrote:3-6pm GMT is 11am-2pm EDT, that goes through lunch so is pretty bad timing. And on Sunday, it's late Sunday night for Asian players, who might have work or whatever on Monday.

regarding 11am -2pm edt that it goes through the lunchbreak: Then they can eat beforehand or after, why is their lunchbreak more important than everyone elses sleep? they can take some snacks in between just like everyone else anyhow, the other players have to eat too, so thats no argument imo.

regarding on sunday its late sunday night for the asians, remember, these are the final games, and will then only occur if they are the finalists?

Regarding your opionion of it being late sunday night, I wouldnt say its late night, its 11 pm to 2 am for seoul, which is earlier than europeans would have to stay up atm, besides your current suggestion doesnt hold at all, cause if they kroeans won the tourney and had to play finals, then the current suggestion would make them play 8-11 am monday morning, which is riddiculous cause they could have to work then.... so my suggestion is waaaayy better.

It includes all players to the largest extent possible, making it possible for people from the americas to go to work friday and play when they get b home in the evening, then for europeans and asians to play saturday and sunday at way better hours, and no longer requires koreans to play monday morning during work hours, and for europeans to play monday early morning which would fuck up their entire week..

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah the problem with 6-9 pm edt is twofold on sunday: 1. Europeans have to play 1-3 at night, 2. Koreans have to play 7-10 in the morning on monday night.

Duckie's suggestion makes Koreans play late on sunday. At least the problem has been reduced to 1.

And to put it in context: there is probably just 1 Korean playing in the tourney (Gouus) :P And mb 1 or 2 Australians (Beep, mb 1 more)

But Like Alan Jackson sang, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere :)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:08 pm

regarding 11am -2pm edt that it goes through the lunchbreak: Then they can eat beforehand or after, why is their lunchbreak more important than everyone elses sleep? they can take some snacks in between just like everyone else anyhow, the other players have to eat too, so thats no argument imo.

Sleeping at 3am isn't unreasonable on the weekend.

regarding on sunday its late sunday night for the asians, remember, these are the final games, and will then only occur if they are the finalists?

So...?

Regarding your opionion of it being late sunday night, I wouldnt say its late night, its 11 pm to 2 am for seoul, which is earlier than europeans would have to stay up atm, besides your current suggestion doesnt hold at all, cause if they kroeans won the tourney and had to play finals, then the current suggestion would make them play 8-11 am monday morning, which is riddiculous cause they could have to work then.... so my suggestion is waaaayy better.

Seoul is nine hours ahead of GMT, so that makes it 3pm GMT => midnight to 3am in Korea. That's the same as all the other suggestions...

And the current one is 6pm-9pm EDT Friday/Sunday only.

What about this then:
  • 7pm to 10pm EDT Friday (4pm to 7pm PDT to avoid most work problems)
  • noon to 3 pm EDT Saturday
  • noon to 3 pm EDT Sunday

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 pm

uakf.b wrote:Sleeping at 3am isn't unreasonable on the weekend.

Only its not sleeping at 3 am, its 3 am gmt = 4 am for most of the euro players in the lihl playing from scandinavia, germany, Nl, france, belgium, spain, italy, austria, poland, croatia.
4 am is pretty late, even in the weekend, especially if it is 3 nights in a row.. Just friday night might be acceptable though, though 2 or 3 am would be far preferable.

Besides 3 am gmt is 5 am in greece, and 7 am in moscow, is that a reasonable time as well ?

Most of the lihl players are from gmt +1 though.

So...?

So it is still way better than your current suggestion and will only occur if the koreans advance to the finals

Seoul is nine hours ahead of GMT, so that makes it 3pm GMT => midnight to 3am in Korea. That's the same as all the other suggestions...

Midnight to 3 am is way better than 1 to 4 am for the majority of euro players(gmt +1) and for the greeks( 2 to 5 am) and russians (4 to 7 am).

What about this then:
  • 7pm to 10pm EDT Friday (4pm to 7pm PDT to avoid most work problems)
  • noon to 3 pm EDT Saturday
  • noon to 3 pm EDT Sunday

Way way way better, though it is still very very late friday night for euro, how many people will be participating from california? 7 pm to 10 pm edt is late in europe, so if possible 6 pm to 9 pm is better, due to my above description of the euro timezones, but might be ok for just 1 night.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Only its not sleeping at 3 am, its 3 am gmt = 4 am for most of the euro players in the lihl playing from scandinavia, germany, Nl, france, belgium, spain, italy, austria, poland, croatia.

6pm to 9pm EDT, which was the old suggestion with Saturday and maybe Sunday (and also Friday, but then last time people from west U.S. had conflicts), is 10pm to 1am GMT, which is midnight to 3am CEST. If you're GMT+1 then it's actually 11pm to 2am.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for thinking with us, Uakf.b.. If you would change it to the times you would propose I would be very happy :D
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah, me too. 1 late night is allright, esp as it is friday night.

cyberpunk
Protector of Nature

Postby cyberpunk » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Ow, w8 a min.. I didn't defined the times to sunday and saturday.. just for friday. I hadn't a chance to talk w everyone to define a good time to saturday and sunday, is that the problem for you guys? because won't be the same time of friday.
[spoiler=Links to find ur ban]Link to banlist
Link to ENT Link[/spoiler]
I don't answer private messages that should be public questions. Use the forum

Return to “August Warcraft III”