Rules about Host Bans

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
PyrexxGaming
Basic Tree

Rules about Host Bans

Postby PyrexxGaming » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:20 am

Is it against the rules for a Host to ban players in game, without giving reason why? As well as abusing the Kick system when a player has done no such thing to disrespect/offend/break any rules?

Back story : Was playing an ORPG game, and I legitimately out-rolled one of the host's friends for a drop. The player agreed I won, and the second I touched the item the Host called me a "STUPID FUCKER" in all caps and I was disconnected instantly. Find the host again, hosting the same map, and before 10 seconds passed in-game he had banned+kicked a player out of his game. There were no talks of ground rules in Lobby, and the player that was banned had not even had time to load in his character. I admit, I used some unsavory language towards him as he had proven to me it wasn't an act of Luck that caused me be disconnected the earlier game and he banned+kicked me as well, quoting "BB Motherfucker".

Question is, Is the above considered "Votekick abuse/Kick abuse". I only ask, because the host in question has a reputation of kicking people out to satiate his preteen need for power. I find he is abusing the system you put into place for his own gain (Kicking players to solidify his chances of gaining items).

I'm not sure what can be done about it as I have no proof, but for future reference is this sort of behavior enough to warrant a report?

EDIT: Saw posted in another thread that rules not applying to Third-Party programs in Privately hosted games do not necessarily apply. I guess I have my answer there

Virulence
Donator

Re: Rules about Host Bans

Postby Virulence » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:00 am

@PyrexxGaming Unless it's maphack or the usage of a similar third party program, ENT doesn't monitor games that've been privately hosted. If you've been banned from a certain host, it doesn't affect your capabilities of hosting or joining other games.
lionsblood wrote:...im a professional map maker...

Stealing others' work and calling it your own doesn't make you a professional map maker.

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:33 am

If you find that nobody hosts the game in a "fair" manner you can use the ent bots to do it yourself.

If people like your games more they'll join it over alternatives.

randomloser
Forest Walker

Postby randomloser » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:11 pm

There's little to no rules to hoster's hosting a custom lobby but worry not as their crazy bans only ban you from playing with them and not ent its self. The in game kicking sucks but the best you can do in that situation is to think of them as noobs, maybe add a few off color words, and roll your eyes and procede to move on. One of the best pieces advice given was to host your own game and avoid the d-bag hosts altogether. Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and have all the players in your lobby as theirs is taking forever to fill.
-load :6589p to play custom hero arena 3D
Do you like hero craft?
Do you like angel arena?
Then try cha out you'll probably love it :D

Return to “General Discussions”