ENT 'about us' page

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Hope_Solo
Aura Tree

ENT 'about us' page

Postby Hope_Solo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:29 am

Hello everyone,

I was looking for an 'about us' page in the website but I couldn't find anything. I would like to know more about clan ENT like how it started, its history, who keeps it running, who funds it, where the management are from, how much it costs to maintain, etc. Basically like a biography or introduction. I also think it would attract more donators/investors in the future knowing exactly what clan ENT is about. Maybe include the managements/mods background, photos, where they're from, etc. The clan's accomplishments, programs, league tournaments, etc. Idk I just wanna know more! :lol:

Kinda like this page --> http://dota2.gamepedia.com/History_of_Competitive_DotA_(The_First_Light_of_Dawn:_The_6.2x_Era)
These users thanked the author Hope_Solo for the post:
Sir Meon (Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:36 pm)

EdgeOfChaos

Re: ENT 'about us' page

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am

I can give you a quick history.

Enterprise was originally just Clan ENT on WC3. There were hosting bots playing DotA, and people would drop by the channel and say !games to find out what was hosted (there were much fewer bots). Eventually uakf.b, the leader, created a forum called clanent.net which got limited users. In fact still now if you visit clanent.net, it will redirect you to entgaming. At this time, we had Cyberpunk and Agreements as administrators and uakf.b as the owner.

In 2014 (correct year?) the leaders of BlinkGaming.net, one of the other major competitors, decided to merge with ENT. After talking with uakf, they shut down their bots and transferred their user database here. All of their moderators were then made moderators on ENT. This is when art)y joined. Most of those mods have since been demoted/left. The website was also renamed to entgaming.net at this time, and there was a competition to make a new banner at the top of the page. We had like 5 different ones which were all tried out before sticking with this one.

Sometime in 2015, Cyberpunk left us and Agreements left/got banned. Art)y became the first new administrator, and nabo. the second. Nabo. was one of the top players on ENT at the time, maybe reaching the #2 position, who eventually applied for mod and was active enough for quick promotions. Some time here, DotACash (ENT's only other competitor at this point basically) shuts down due to the owner no longer caring, and now there's pretty much only ENT and DotA Void (which has some serious issues).

The rest is pretty recent. uakf.b, while still the owner, has become even less involved than before, so art)y basically runs ENT now. Though uakf.b still pays for the website and hosting bots. Of the moderators who were at clanent.net at the beginning (I was one of them!), no others are left (edit: apparently not, Haunt is from clanent and maybe some others).

As far as accomplishments go: I don't know all the details, but LIHL for like 4 years, there was a DotA league for around 1 year, and of course ENT hosts DotA and LOD tournaments.
Last edited by EdgeOfChaos on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:24 am

I registered to clanent.net and came from BGN as well...

So how it actually went down was that after ENT and BGN merged, the URL was changed to entgaming :=)
Last edited by Haunt on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added something

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 am

Ahh so thats what happend to BGN I wonderd about that since I remeber when [ENT] & [BGN] used to host the same stuff for a while :P well the more you know :)

ENT has done some expanding aswell not just hosting on the 4 main servers but other servers aswell + ENTConnect(a wc3 service that enables you to play on ENT hosted games and host your own via thier bots) was made tho IDK about the dates for when this happend. Mainly every wc3 player now days that did not start outside the main 4 or only play LAN types have atleast seen alot of [ENT] Games over the years even if they played them or not so to say that ENT is an/the becon that helps keep wc3 alive would not be an overstatement. Ofc the mapmakers have a big part aswell most of them were/are fokused on themselfs or thier clan while ENT has a bigger view and conection.
Like : http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... g:Partners
http://makemehost.com/partners.php
As you maybe see most of the wc3 communitys are conected in some way via a chain or direct.

Are sites/servers that aint linked yet like https://m16.online/ but in time maybe everything wc3 related will be a big web of co-ops :)

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Heh i was also an mod for BGN. BGN is still around but on steam (not that anything has been done ever). http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BlinkGamingNetwork

So where do i demands my mod status back! :P
One handed weapons suit me very much. They leave a hand free to preform rude gestures.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:07 pm

These users thanked the author Haunt for the post (total 2):
null (Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am) • ZinGir (Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:09 pm)

ZinGir
Donator

Postby ZinGir » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Haunt wrote:@zingir posting.php?mode=post&f=21

Lol thanks man but i was kidding, i dont think i can be a good admin... :(
One handed weapons suit me very much. They leave a hand free to preform rude gestures.

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

lol haunt, that was quite classic *claps*
Discord ID: null#2675

warlord1994

Postby warlord1994 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:08 pm

blink owned by absolutedmstr, he no longer care about wc3 that why. also clan chev -OHS used to be very popular LOD bot.

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:22 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:I can give you a quick history.
Some time here, DotACash (ENT's only other competitor at this point basically) shuts down due to the owner no longer caring, and now there's pretty much only ENT and DotA Void (which has some serious issues).

I wouldn't say @hbjlee17 stopped caring about dotacash. It was really a few different factors that led to its demise. If my memory serves me correctly:

1. Right before the end of dotacash, they got a bad DDOS that knocked them off for a couple of days. Then immediately after the DC-client went offline so only people with legit WC3 keys could play. They eventually fixed the client but then all of the validated user account were somehow deleted meaning all player stats got wiped and re-validating on DC required mod approval which then bogged the mods down. Within a few days of that, I think that is when hbjlee17 pulled the plug.

2. The onslaught of technical issues got the community pissed off and they took to the forum in typical "dota-fashion" which involved intense amounts of flaming an criticism. And while their frustration was perhaps justified, they forgot that hbjlee17 was paying for out of pocket for the servers and volunteering monstrous amounts of time.

3. Dota2 and LOL were gaining traction and therefore the player-base was getting leached off

So in the end hbjlee17 more "rage-quitted" on dotacash then lost interest. But I guess it was somewhat justified but it was really sad to see DC die though. I especially missed DC for the first little while after I transitioned to ENT because at the time ENT had no where near the level of competitive gameplay DC did. ENT at the time had a few really bad Mods that made me almost quit dota due to their often arrogant and power-trip mentalities.

With that said, in the past year I feel ENT has greatly improved. I feel they have the best mod staff now than they ever had. Ban requests are handled quickly, they listen to the community rather than steamrolling out changes like in the past (*cough* nabo *cough*) and @aRt)Y has been doing a really good job with the tough task of managing and preserving a naturally-dwindling player-base.

The only one thing I find troubling about ENT is uakf.b's level of absence. While he has some very capable managers/administrators running the show, it makes me nervous knowing that he might be losing interest in ENT himself. I thought the rapture of ENT was upon us a several weeks back when ENT had a laggy-patch and then ENT connect when down and didn't come back for a long time. I thought it might be going down the same path DC did. Thankfully it didnt!

Return to “General Discussions”