New Private WC3 Server | Preserve the Future of WC3

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Yarragon
Treant

Re: New Private WC3 Server | Preserve the Future of WC3

Postby Yarragon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Sylvanas wrote:If my ping is over 30, I just don't play and do something else. I mean, I could purposefully find ways to play games with higher than necessary ping and tell myself it's still fine, but why would I do that when I don't actually have to? Why would you replace good ping by worse ping for any reason, no matter what your personal tolerance may be?

Seriously dude? You must not ever play online ever. Even in Overwatch I usually have 40-60 ping, and I have a total of 5 ping in War3...

Sylvanas wrote:So the 1.5 gb it takes to maintain a second wc3 folder is where you draw the line. It's either the currently available storage and one folder or an extra drive and two folders, with no inbetween. There are no other possible arrangements and having to buy an extra drive should be blamed solely to the extra file size requirements of having two wc3 folders. If only they made 502 gb drives instead of 500, right? One can dream.

...You totally missed the entire point. Which was that going out and buying a drive *JUST* to mintain a seperate copy of the same game was retarded, and not something I'm going to do.

Sylvanas wrote:Even if you're holding a rose-tinted view of botless wc3, you should still realize how bad the depopulation and splitting of the playbase will be and you can't deny the pointless and arbitrary cause of it. You can't even say "people shouldn't make their own servers, it will only make things worse", because it was inevitably going to happen when they decided to make that move and we all know it. Anything done for wc3's sake that will piss off half of the players is automatically a horrible idea, even if you agree with the changes themselves. At this point, the best thing that could happen would be for ENT to take as much of b.net with them as possible and safeguard what's left from blizzard's idiocy.

I'm not even going to respond anymore. This is exactly the argument I talked about in the first post I made. Don't tell me you care about the community when you're leaving out what will likely be 40-75% of the player base that updates immediately after the patch.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am

Yarragon wrote:Seriously dude? You must not ever play online ever. Even in Overwatch I usually have 40-60 ping, and I have a total of 5 ping in War3...

What are you even on about? I guess congrats on having 5 ping and somehow wanting to increase that to whatever shitty manual hosting makes it?

Yarragon wrote:...You totally missed the entire point. Which was that going out and buying a drive *JUST* to mintain a seperate copy of the same game was retarded, and not something I'm going to do.

I got that your entire point is based around a fictional story of how a second 1.5 gb folder is the entire reason why an extra drive would be necessary to you, without any other possible solution. I'm sure that the fictional you in your fictional scenario has every hard drive in his computer filled to 100% capacity (with a margin of error of 1.5 gb), exclusively with crucial files which he's unable to delete or substitute. In that imaginary made up situation, yes, it's completely unreasonable having to get a second wc3 folder.

Yarragon wrote:I'm not even going to respond anymore. This is exactly the argument I talked about in the first post I made. Don't tell me you care about the community when you're leaving out what will likely be 40-75% of the player base that updates immediately after the patch.

This patch was going to split the community. No matter the intentions behind it or your opinion of it, it was going to happen. Whether they switched to a 3rd party server or quit entirely, people were going to leave. I knew it, you knew it, everyone knew it. But Blizzard is still doing it. You don't set a fire and then blame the flames.

I care enough about this community to wish for as much of it as possible to survive somewhere rather than rot in the corpse of b.net. Feel free not to respond, it won't make you or this horrid patch any more right.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bond009
Armored Tree

Postby Bond009 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 am

I skimmed through most of those posts and some valid stuff, but back to the point.
uakf.b wrote:
  • PVPGN does not support 1.29+ yet. 1.28.5 does not support 24 player maps.
  • CD keys for bots are irrelevant, we already bought plenty.
  • We are letting anyone connect at least host bot to WC3Connect. Later we might support hosting games from LAN as well.
  • Once eurobattle / other PVPGNs support 1.29+ we will switch to that patch and allow players to join from both

@uakf.b Yeah its hard to say if the PVPGN will ever support 29+ and nothing has been stable since 29+ updates started anyway, it broke many maps, caused many glitches in custom games and ladder. Connection and desync issues.
Trust me as a map maker i love some of the add ins they made with these patches. It would have been awesome if it all worked well, 24 player maps would be cool and allow for some cool bot stuff and TDs that could take advantage of some of those extra player slots to get around WC3's engine limitations with unit delay lag with massive movement. But if this is the future of wc3 i'm fine with 1.28.5.

True cd keys wouldnt matter in ENT's perspective.

that would be cool, but we'll still be missing clan and chat channels and user interaction, whispering etc. It wont be the same without bnet. A new realm/server would be good still.

Glad that is a future goal, if/when it happens.

I'm so conflicted because a lot of stuff in these new wc3 updates I want to keep and use but at the same time, at what cost.. By trying to make wc3 better they are force feeding it down everyones throat without a total complete knowledge of the game and player base and in turn butchering it.
Its not just the bots we are losing and all the abilities and features they provide.. We are losing ownership and control of the game we purchased. Soon we wont even be able to LAN probably, they will take it away like SC2. They will make it so the game doesnt even run without being connected to bnet probably at some point.
Either way WC3 will never be the same once this update is released and we have yet to see if it will be for the worse or the better. Even if some things are better, if everyone stops logging on and playing and the game dies because all the die hard people that love and support WC3 no longer have the power to keep it alive (such as ENT). Then was it really for the better?

Basic Tree

Postby 01010101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:37 am

Bond009 wrote:I'm so conflicted because a lot of stuff in these new wc3 updates I want to keep and use but at the same time, at what cost.. By trying to make wc3 better they are force feeding it down everyones throat without a total complete knowledge of the game and player base and in turn butchering it.
Its not just the bots we are losing and all the abilities and features they provide.. We are losing ownership and control of the game we purchased. Soon we wont even be able to LAN probably, they will take it away like SC2. They will make it so the game doesnt even run without being connected to bnet probably at some point.
Either way WC3 will never be the same once this update is released and we have yet to see if it will be for the worse or the better. Even if some things are better, if everyone stops logging on and playing and the game dies because all the die hard people that love and support WC3 no longer have the power to keep it alive (such as ENT). Then was it really for the better?

If they remove the host bots we doesn't loose the ownership of the game. They just make it better because with the new patch everyone is able to host and it would be as cool as back then where everyone was able to host their own maps. Today it's literally impossible to play non popular or new maps because the lobbys wouldn't fill. The hostbots spam the list with Legion TD, Dota, Wintermaul and the other already popular maps. The hostbots killed the map diversity and now blizzard revive it. The worst thing is that the bots send manipulated packages to push their games at the top of the list. So manual hosting was absolutely impossible even if you do the port forwarding. They should have been banned from the beginning with zero tolerance.
And there is absolutely no reason to assume that blizzard will remove the LAN function from the game. With SC2 it's different since the game doesn't had LAN at the beginning but they wouldn't remove it from an already released game.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 am

01010101 wrote:If they remove the host bots we doesn't loose the ownership of the game. They just make it better because with the new patch everyone is able to host and it would be as cool as back then where everyone was able to host their own maps. Today it's literally impossible to play non popular or new maps because the lobbys wouldn't fill. The hostbots spam the list with Legion TD, Dota, Wintermaul and the other already popular maps. The hostbots killed the map diversity and now blizzard revive it. The worst thing is that the bots send manipulated packages to push their games at the top of the list. So manual hosting was absolutely impossible even if you do the port forwarding. They should have been banned from the beginning with zero tolerance.

There isn't just black and white and blizzard should be aware of that. I have to admit that what wTc is doing for example is really obnoxious. No one wants to see 2-3 instance of the same empty lobby on top of the games list. Ofc some hostbot runners are also to blame for abusing a friendly tolerance towards an actually forbidden feature. However it would have been really easy to filter the game list for bots and also ENT and other hostbot communities don't need this constant refresh. People find it via their own game lists.

Return to “General Discussions”