A Comprehensive list for REFORGED Information

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Yarragon
Treant

A Comprehensive list for REFORGED Information

Postby Yarragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 am

This is a pretty complete list:
- Same engine as classic WC3, current engine upgraded (confirmed),
- On Battle.Net Launcher (confirmed),
-CROSSPLAY between Reforged and Classic (confirmed),
-OFFICIAL REPORT SYSTEM (Confirmed)
- In options, you can choose to play with old graphics (confirmed),
- Classic mods compatible on Reforged (confirmed),
- Reforged includes ROC & TFT campaigns (confirmed),
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVeXM/ea8d0219cb.jpg,
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVf3F/e0898d817d.jpg,
- "Skins" and cosmetics, Paladin can be either Arthas, Uther, Arthas /w Frostmourne... (confirmed)
- Released in 2019 (confirmed),
- Founding of Durotar "revamp" (confirmed) and probably more (not confirmed),
- New editor can import old maps (confirmed),
- Old map will load HD models (confirmed),
- Animated trees (confirmed and seen),
- Frozen Throne getting remastered as well (confirmed),
- Audio will be upgraded, in every language Classic had and even more (re-recording with the same old actors) (confirmed),
- Old audio will still be in the game (confirmed),
- Achievements system (confirmed),
- New editor will be an improved version of the current editor (confirmed),
- Melee gameplay mostly unaffected (confirmed),
- New races ("Can't comment."),
- Balancing will continue to happen post-Reforged (confirmed),
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed),
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgiY/af1c94eccd.jpg,
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgkd/0b359fd72b.jpg,
- No subtitle / textbox in cinematic-mode ?
- Game runs at 30-40 fps, unoptimized and streamed from a laptop,
- Inventory size being looked at (more than 6) (confirmed),
- Old cheat codes work (confirmed).

-blufflegendaire (hiveworkshop)

Recent interview with Grubby and Pete Stillwell (Production Lead): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uidb63qlHQA

BLUE POST AND PTR CHANGES: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcr ... dated/1282
Updated game lobbies as well as commands being added and adjusted on the PTR. The exact same functionality provided by bots is now available to any and all players hosting their own games.

I can't take credit for this list, as Remixer (the Island Defense Dev) was the one that compiled it, but I was listing things I noticed he missed as well. If anyone has anything else feel free to let me know.

Game is currently still in Alpha development, more will be added later.
Last edited by Yarragon on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Yarragon
Treant

Re: A Comprehensive list for REFORGED Information

Postby Yarragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 am

So while the compiled list above is a good way to keep track of things in preparation for Reforged coming soon, I'd like to take a moment and talk about something.

With all the updates and what amounts to a totally new game, what does ENT plan to do? The reasons you all were developing WC3Connect are all being addressed, and I'd like to start a discussion. Reforged is going to bring a lot of new and old players to the game alike, and with it being tied to your Battle.net account now, self moderation will be very possible. In fact, with the official report system, and games being tied to a single account, the issue of "Alting" and "Dodging" will be much less so.

I've been vocal about my dislike for the way things get handled, that much is true, and I'm honestly surprised I'm still around (this time). That's not to say I've seriously disliked any of the current people that are actually active and participate in the games community. Most of you - especially Kappa, Ben, Jabba, Haunt, Slack, and many of the new editions to the ENT team - are actually very friendly and I've played games with you before. I don't *want* to see you guys move on or shut down. But at the same time, if WC3 Connect and the "split" in the community happens, that could be a bad thing for the game.

So my question is: With reforged coming, what are the current plans? I've already talked to some people, but I want to hear the thoughts of everyone here as to what Reforged is bringing, and what is currently going on.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 am

So in other words, you're saying that it's a lazy cash grab that looks like complete shit? Very interesting.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 am

Sylvanas wrote:So in other words, you're saying that it's a lazy cash grab that looks like complete shit? Very interesting.

If you call a complete revamp / overhaul, while simultaneously adding everything that the community has asked for, sure... Stop being salty for about two minutes and maybe actually voice your thoughts, concerns, or what makes you think it's a cash grab like someone that can use critical thinking skills. I know you're capable of it.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

EdgeOfChaos
Protector of Nature

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:40 am

There's no feature that will replace bots here. The community will remain on the current patch.
Winner of the Merex Disappointing Ex-Mod Award©®™ 2018
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=134195

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:28 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:There's no feature that will replace bots here. The community will remain on the current patch.

Official report system.
Single account tied to battle.net
Ability to host games at the click of a button
Ability to kick from lobby, meaning trolls would need to spend more money if they wanted to "Alt" and ruin your games.

Outside of stats, which can be handled third party, what do bots provide that Blizzard isn't? I'm genuinely curious at this point.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

EdgeOfChaos
Protector of Nature

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:46 am

Stats. Which cannot be handled third-party without bots.
One account tied to battle.net isn't a good idea.
Also have no real wish to give Blizzard any more money after their mismanagement of WC3. Fuck em. Not buying anything else from them.
These users thanked the author EdgeOfChaos for the post:
Ziadoma (Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Added an interview with Grubby and Pete Stillwell.

@EdgeOfChaos Not going to lie, I'm disappointed with that answer. Blizzard has been doing good things for the game, but if the loss of stats for a few days / weeks while people figure out how to track them again makes you stop playing, I'm sorry. Good luck with wherever you go.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

EdgeOfChaos
Protector of Nature

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Let's do a quick review of what Blizzard has been up to this year.

1.29: adds 24 player support, immediately breaking maps that depend on Hostile player being #13. If you don't remember, dota was broken and items were un-sellable. Some games were entirely unplayable. Eventually fixed.
1.30: rolls out major changes, insufficiently tested, breaks most custom maps on wc3. Completely breaks World Editor Extended, forcing people to develop maps on 1.29.
1.30.1: attempts to fix previous problems they caused; somewhat works. There are still maps that cannot be played.
1.30.2: removes host bots without giving a replacement for stats, making uakf create WC3Connect

Honestly, @Yarragon , are you living in a parallel universe? Their record with WC3 isn't wildly impressive. They could have left it well enough alone after 1.28. Now tell me, what part of the 'changes' coming to this new WC3 are we supposed to actually care about from the opening post? Nothing there looks interesting, most of it is just saying that things work as they did before. We can import old maps and use old cheat codes, woohoo, who the fuck cares when we can already do that on the current wc3. Furthermore, it's clear to me from their history this year that they have no real idea what they're doing, so this new wc3 won't turn out well.

I never said I'm going to stop playing. I will continue playing on 1.30.1, as I believe, will the ENT community. Hopefully as you can see from the (lack of) reaction to this: no one cares about their wc3 reforged. Hopefully with time, WC3Connect will become a high quality app that has everything you need to play; because let me tell you, I trust uakf.b far more than I trust blizzard.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Yarragon wrote:Added an interview with Grubby and Pete Stillwell.

@EdgeOfChaos Not going to lie, I'm disappointed with that answer. Blizzard has been doing good things for the game, but if the loss of stats for a few days / weeks while people figure out how to track them again makes you stop playing, I'm sorry. Good luck with wherever you go.

Well you see, unlike Blizzard, life is full of disappointments.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:55 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Now tell me, what part of the 'changes' coming to this new WC3 are we supposed to actually care about from the opening post? Nothing there looks interesting, most of it is just saying that things work as they did before.

Isn't that the point of a remaster?

EdgeOfChaos
Protector of Nature

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 am

Why is that even a point? "Old cheat codes work" - woohoo, who cares?
What NEW things does this bring besides graphics and breaking all current wc3 communities?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 am

The reforged target customer gonna need them cheat codes to go through the campaigns once and then never play wc3 again.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Why is that even a point? "Old cheat codes work" - woohoo, who cares?
What NEW things does this bring besides graphics and breaking all current wc3 communities?

Potential new races to play as (rumored).

Updates to the campaigns.

Improved / better hosting.

Updated, improved, and increased flexibility on the world editor.

It also didn't break "wc3 communities." ENT did that. Fun fact, Blizzard didn't actually ban their bots, they just said they (ENT) did to get people to move over to Connect, according to people I know. And even if they did actually get banned, it was ONLY because they were advocating heavily for people to play on the equivalent of a private server, which is illegal. Why would Blizzard suddenly care about this small community, when all bots are gone in a few months anyway?
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Yarragon wrote:Potential new races to play as (rumored).

Updates to the campaigns.

Improved / better hosting.

Updated, improved, and increased flexibility on the world editor.

"We'll take this thing you enjoy and make it better. Trust us."
- Blizzard

Yeah, no.

Yarragon wrote:It also didn't break "wc3 communities." ENT did that. Fun fact, Blizzard didn't actually ban their bots, they just said they (ENT) did to get people to move over to Connect, according to people I know. And even if they did actually get banned, it was ONLY because they were advocating heavily for people to play on the equivalent of a private server, which is illegal. Why would Blizzard suddenly care about this small community, when all bots are gone in a few months anyway?

Bots are gone in a few months because Blizzard is wiping out bots in a few months. You're literally saying "why should Blizzard suddenly care about what they're doing, anyway?" Giving consideration to the consequences of your own actions on others is precisely what differentiates normal people and assholes and sociopaths. And yet for some reason, you don't think Blizzard should care about what Blizzard is doing and you don't understand why anyone should. Not that I'm surprised. I'm just saying.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussions”