A Comprehensive list for REFORGED Information

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Yarragon
Treant

Re: A Comprehensive list for REFORGED Information

Postby Yarragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Unitil wrote:Deleting unnecessary comments as this has simply turned into an argument.
You're free to discuss reforged, but lets keep the hate down to a minimum.

Daddy~ Unitil to the rescue, thanks.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Honestly, after trying the patch i'm split between both options (altho i still prefer ENT atm):

-> Yes, people are able to host, and ping isn't that bad (From the few games - around 10 - that i've tried: 5 LoD, 3 LTD and 2 dota - all from different hosts), my ping was near the same (mb around 30-40 more), but nothing that impacted on my play (dind't felt lag or spikes either)

That's pretty much the "pros" from it, however the cons are a major impact:

Leavers are a disaster atm - people leave instantly once game is going bad (just like they do at ENT), however at ENT, they don't do it often, due to the autoban feature, that doens't exist for these hosts
Same goes for trolls/gameruiners - I've met one in both ltd games (which changed accs), just to annoy and ruin the game

So these are features that ENT (and other communities) have ensured so far -> Yes i've seen some of the whining regarding admin abuse, etc. but tbh let's face it - You will face the same with these hosts: Even today i saw the same, a kid accused the host of MH in the next lobby and he got immediately kicked from it lols ( @edgeofchaos agreements dejavu? :D );

I can understand that it's the mindset that has been built over the years (Blizzard dind't give a shit for years, and it was hostbots that kept this game alive - and from there, communities/forums arised, for better management/organization) - Mb in a short time period, things might change for better (I dont rly care for stats, since i even reset my stats every 15 games, but i do care about playing games free of ruiners and leavers, and that atm, cant be accomplished - not even close to what you have at ENT atm)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 am

Zeratul wrote:Honestly, after trying the patch i'm split between both options (altho i still prefer ENT atm):

-> Yes, people are able to host, and ping isn't that bad (From the few games - around 10 - that i've tried: 5 LoD, 3 LTD and 2 dota - all from different hosts), my ping was near the same (mb around 30-40 more), but nothing that impacted on my play (dind't felt lag or spikes either)

That's pretty much the "pros" from it, however the cons are a major impact:

Leavers are a disaster atm - people leave instantly once game is going bad (just like they do at ENT), however at ENT, they don't do it often, due to the autoban feature, that doens't exist for these hosts
Same goes for trolls/gameruiners - I've met one in both ltd games (which changed accs), just to annoy and ruin the game

So these are features that ENT (and other communities) have ensured so far -> Yes i've seen some of the whining regarding admin abuse, etc. but tbh let's face it - You will face the same with these hosts: Even today i saw the same, a kid accused the host of MH in the next lobby and he got immediately kicked from it lols ( @edgeofchaos agreements dejavu? :D );

I can understand that it's the mindset that has been built over the years (Blizzard dind't give a shit for years, and it was hostbots that kept this game alive - and from there, communities/forums arised, for better management/organization) - Mb in a short time period, things might change for better (I dont rly care for stats, since i even reset my stats every 15 games, but i do care about playing games free of ruiners and leavers, and that atm, cant be accomplished - not even close to what you have at ENT atm)

See, these are all fair points that I can understand - ENT does the moderating for you (with autoban, request bans take work and effort), so you don't need to worry about policing your own games.

That said, Blizzard has shown they're listening to those giving actual feedback, and are working on improving the game. Maybe eventually, given enough time the "Who cares anyway" mindset will shift and people will leave less often.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:16 am

I'm sorry to inform you, but disappointing member awards of the year are already delivered - so you can stop competing for it (next year awaits you!), thanks.

On a sidenote, was just comparing playing wc3connect vs bnet atm - that's all

[*]Gameslist on BNET is filled with dozens of games (however you can filter for what you want - better now imo)
[*]If you thought you had seen the worst of noobs on ENT, bnet is a whole new world today (Noobs on DotA never looked worse) XD

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:36 am

@zeratul I get that you were just comparing the current patch to Connect. I suppose it was wrong of me to think that someone other than yourself in this thread would be able to make the implied connection that this patch is laying the groundwork for Reforged, the same way Blizzard releases prepatches for their other games like WoW.

But I digress, I'll continue to update this thread with information as it's released for anyone that is actually viewing it. Feel free to continue arguing amongst yourselves
Last edited by Unitil on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary comments
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:46 am

@zeratul I get that you were just comparing the current patch to Connect. I suppose it was wrong of me to think that someone other than yourself in this thread would be able to make the implied connection that this patch is laying the groundwork for Reforged, the same way Blizzard releases prepatches for their other games like WoW.

That should be obvious lol .. I mean, yeah i did get annoyed at the fact bots were killed (due to the functionalitys mentioned before that we lost with it), but it's not like it wasn't expected (after these months of patches - Cmon, Blizzard woulnd't start updating the game so frequently after all these years, for nothing, so it was obvious that either: A) warcraft 3 remastered, or B) warcraft 4 - i still dream of that day XD - were coming, and bots are an obstacle to it, plain simple: We can discuss pros and cons about it, but truth is - bots are against the EULA, and also an obstacle to Blizzard's plan, so they had their days counted right from the start, even if i hate it.

You don't simply release war3 reforged and go advertise after "HEY WE RELEASED A REMASTERED VERSION OF A GAME FROM 15 YEARS AGO, THAT YOU PROLLY NEVER HEARD OF, OR DON'T EVEN GIVE A DAMN THESE DAYS" xD

Ah, and thanks for the summarized info (on your initial post) - Doens't look that much for some, but better to have it all in 1 place to check/read, than having to read everything all over the place :P

But we will see how it goes - I mean, the bans now are shitty due to people being able to smurf 24/7 (since bans on bnet are only associated with their username), but if they go by the idea of ppl only having 1 account/username per cdkey (as i remember reading somewhere oO), it will screw smurfs (completely), but will turn the bans effective, so i dont mind not being able to smurf/change my name, if that implies kids not being able to troll/ruin (sacrifices xd)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:59 am

Once Reforged is released, players will be limited to a single account per CD Key. It will be tied to their Battle.net account, and unless that person makes another Battle.net account and pays for the game all over again, will be unable to "Smurf." @zeratul

Also, a lot of the information currently are in the interviews and the videos I've posted. The text information isn't everything that's been announced.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Last time I clean up this topic.

If you can’t have a civil discussion, this topic will be locked, and you will be temp banned from the forum.
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post (total 2):
Panopticon (Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:29 pm) • Yarragon (Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 pm)

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm hyped
These users thanked the author FollowingPath for the post:
Yarragon (Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 pm)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Our Lord FP has spoken.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Quick update: No new information about Reforged has been posted yet, however they have added most of these features to the game already.

There are lobby commands, personal ban lists, swaps, ect ect. Also, developers like @Remixer and @IamDragon have added the -votekick feature to their maps, which means it's possible to remove players during a game now!
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “General Discussions”