Will the Banter Boi return Bigger and Better than Ever?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Will the Banter Boi return Bigger and Better than Ever?

Postby pinheadlarry » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:30 am

With the abrupt departure of Ent's banter brigadier, we should all take time to reflect on the wonderful experiences the 2nd and 3rd most controversial ENT mods of all time bestowed upon us all (1st Nabo. 2nd Astros ( Current Banter Boi) the 3rd (Banter Boi - in training). I feel it is important we consider Astros's 2nd moderation attempt disjoint from his first as he really found his stride the 2nd time. I feel like this could just be his kakuna stage and he is getting ready to evolve into his final form and return as mod to become the next Jabba and take ENT and make it more pleasurable than the Standford Prison Experiment.

For me personally, dota is going to lose some of its luster now that the Banter Boi is gone. The banter boi gave me that risque feeling when I did stuff like legally throw teammate into the fountain because I knew he'd find a way to spank me and lock me up (ban me) for 7+ days in a 50 shades of grey style. And with the Banter Boi, there was no safe-words to get you out of it.

For me, the departure of the Banter Boi is bitter-sweet The best way I could describe it is the feeling the pilot must have felt after he bombed Nagasaki. He must have been sad know that when he destroyed the city, he wouldn't get the opportunity to bomb them again...

The sad part is, I could have stopped his departure as I made an entire post about healing the community. Unfortunately, Merex and FalenGa opted 2x to remove by last-ditch attempt at intervention. The guilt they feel must be unbearable.
These users thanked the author pinheadlarry for the post:
YamiBakura32 (Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:29 am)

Edgeofchaos
Forest Walker

Re: Will the Banter Boi return Bigger and Better than Ever?

Postby Edgeofchaos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Moderating this server is a shit job that's made even worse by the sever being 50% trolls now. I hope he doesn't return to moderation for his own benefit/sanity.

BTW you being upset over a ban doesn't mean he was controversial. Zam didn't make any 'controversial' bans that I've seen.

Also BTW mods can read deleted threads/posts so that wouldn't have stopped him from seeing it.
EdgeOfChaos vs. Masterkiller bo3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141323

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I think your 50% estimate is low.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 pm

For the record, I do not at all appreciate this harassment of Astros.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
nitromon (Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:24 pm)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 pm

@pinheadlarry

Seems like you're pretty unhappy here. So why are you here? Why don't you take a break and go enjoy something else? I do whenever I get too frustrated with the game ruiners and trolls. It is good for the health.

Frankly, I do not understand why the mods here gave you so much attention, which obviously is what you want. Of course one would say then me replying to you is giving you that attention as well. Actually no, though I'm directing at you, I'm actually addressing the others. As I've said, I don't know why they even bother to address you and even answer you with a lot of lengthy replies.

Mods here volunteer their time. People complain about how long the BRQ list is and then bitch at the mods, making them quit. Ent is a free service, you're not paying a dime. The mods are volunteers, they don't get paid. I mean, in sense, you're not a "customer" so you're really not entitled to anything.

Frankly as I've said, I wouldn't waste my time addressing you or trying to explain anything to you b/c you are in the forum as you are in the games, just useless. You contribute to nothing, you add nothing to the community, and you take pleasure in a mockery of others and putting them down so you can elevate your own esteem. I feel sorry for you.

You're popular in the games. Everyone knows you and your thousands of games where you farm for 40 minutes while neglecting your team and come out with a 6 item alch only to get destroyed by a dagon book spectre with 3 items and levels behind b/c he knows how to play with his team. Fittingly explaining why I use the word "useless" b/c you are in the forum as you are in the games and undoubtly in life, self-centered, self-focused, looking out for yourself. Like I've said, I'm really addressing others, not you as I'm sure you'll learn nothing from this nor can anything anyone say convince you otherwise. You are a prisoner of your misery and I am sad whenever I see people like you. I do hope one day you'll see and understand what I'm talking about and choose a better perspective on life. It's not always about you.

aimskjs
Forest Walker

Postby aimskjs » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 am

I do not reply to pinheadlarry anymore because I have read almost every post he wrote recently and knew he is not trolling on purpose. He is just ignorant kid. It is just waste of time to teach him what his problem is. Now, I read this post and just made a decision that I will not read any of post that pinheadlarry makes because it is total bullshit. As nitroman said, pinheadlarry just wants to get some attention from other players and he enjoys with it. We need to stop giving him attention and make him bored. Then he will leave forum someday.

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 am

Edgeofchaos wrote:
BTW you being upset over a ban doesn't mean he was controversial. Zam didn't make any 'controversial' bans that I've seen.

Well considering even his Comrade Merex was even skeptical about Banter Boi's mod applications I'd say it does. You don't have to look far to find them:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=141391

Besides the Banter Boi had about as many posts removed/edited as I have.

Also BTW mods can read deleted threads/posts so that wouldn't have stopped him from seeing it.

Well fancy that! My mind and heart can be at ease knowing I did all in my power to help him heal.

BeerLord wrote:For the record, I do not at all appreciate this harassment of Astros.

Well unfortunately he didn't feel the need to reciprocate as had no issue slandering you like crazy to the point hazardous stepped in:

IsBanterBoiSlenderManOrTheSlanderMan..PNG
IsBanterBoiSlenderManOrTheSlanderMan..PNG (94.5 KiB) Viewed 6914 times

nitromon wrote:Seems like you're pretty unhappy here. So why are you here?

I have always had fun playing on ENT and still do. Back in the DotaCash days I would use ENT just to test non-standard things like which hero could feed the fastest and occasionally got Meow_mix to help me set up cage matches at the Taverns with IO and ezalor. Back then I didn't care about ENT at all since I had Cash where I could play competitively in well-moderated games. ( no bans other than blatant ruining - eg. item destroy ect.)
When Cash died, I had to move over to ENT. Initially the show was being run by the nabo. (EONS WORSE THAN BANTER BOI). He would force shitty map changes, change bannable offenses on a whim and just generally was a douche. I just played dota for fun rather than competitively so I would just try weird build, edgy strategies etc. But that is still fun. However, I genuinely felt bad playing poorly during the era where Kappa, Beerlord, Arii and Arty were running things. They were all extremely fair and nice so I switched back into playing competitively and actually had a pretty good ELO for awhile. I went over 2 years without a single ban against me. Then they left and it got replaced with superiority-complex mods. So when I started getting banned for my winning strategies and legal play, I lost interest in competitive play and reverted back to just having fun. Win/lose, it doesn't matter to me as long I had a fun game. And it is always fun to pour on the good stuff every once and awhile to ruin a stack and take 27 elo from rice patties like aimskjizz.

nitromon wrote:Ent is a free service, you're not paying a dime. The mods are volunteers, they don't get paid. I mean, in sense, you're not a "customer" so you're really not entitled to anything.

True, but with almost 6000 games behind me, I think you can see I value the "service". And when a mod tries to deny me access to the service for fraudulent reason or excessive punishment, then it ceases to be a service for me. I reciprocate very proportionally.

nitromon wrote:Everyone knows you and your thousands of games where you farm for 40 minutes while neglecting your team and come out with a 6 item alch only to get destroyed by a dagon book spectre with 3 items and levels behind b/c he knows how to play with his team.

Stop trying to hijack this thread with your fanfics.

nitromon wrote:You are a prisoner of your misery

This sounds like those times a cops arrests a prostitute and tries to argue that he is saving them from misery when they voluntarily are engaging in the service. Like I said, I have fun win/lose and I can play dota without castrating myself in anger like aimskjizz and other spazzes.

nitromon wrote:It's not always about you.

Correct, just like this thread which is about the Banter Boi and not me.

aimskjs wrote:Now, I read this post and just made a decision that I will not read any of post that pinheadlarry makes because it is total bullshit.

Was that post I made about taking 27 elo from you and your clan total bullshit too? Perhaps Larry has a bit more skill than you would like to admit and ended up making a fool out of you? Little more salty than supersized McDonalds fries?

aimskjs wrote:As nitroman said, pinheadlarry just wants to get some attention from other players and he enjoys with it. We need to stop giving him attention and make him bored. Then he will leave forum someday.

Good luck with that. Judging by everyone shitty attitudes of ENT right now, I'd say I have a much better chance to outlast you around here. I'm having a great time. It seems like you guys are the ones not having fun with dota anymore. Why are all you here still?
These users thanked the author pinheadlarry for the post:
YamiBakura32 (Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:29 am)

raedric
Forest Walker

Postby raedric » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:16 pm

I don't know Pinheadlarry, it's a trope for final bosses to have three transformations. You better be careful before he enters his third mode as <Super Astros> and his banhammer is upgraded to being able to reach through time. Clearly he will ban you when you were a baby and you will be retconned out of existence.

If he offers you half of the world I recommend you take it! :P
These users thanked the author raedric for the post:
pinheadlarry (Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 am)

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 am

I like how half of ENT (i.e 5 people based on BanterBois estimate
Astros wrote: Or, you can stay here on ENT trolling the whooping 10 DotA players remaining
) think it is people "like me" who are killing ENT, yet its is you that are.

Astros wrote: Worst case scenario, you come back to ENT

Can everyone see why the BanterBoi was pure stage 4 pancreatic cancer? The outlook he has of ENT (including the time he was mod) was total garbage. Having the Banter Boi as mod was the equivalent of electing someone from Hezbollah to be a governing official of Isreal.

I actually still hold a high regard for ENT and still appreciate its services. I'm not gonna lie, it irked me seeing people like Banter Boi moderate and subsequently trying to destroy the community from the top. (Shit attitude, garbage moderation, superiority complex). That's how you chase away people. You guys called my actions harassment, when they are simply my refusal to unlock my chastity belt and take the herp-dick from the real trashcans of ENT who could give 2 shits about the community and smirk every time a long-time member leaves.

Fact of the matter is I am LOVING the bitterness coming from the Banter Boi. Clearly you were expecting a North Korean day of mourning (Kim Jong il - style) when you left as you thought the ENT would implode on itself. Fact of the matter is your departure was a zero-factor (quite welcomed actually) and now active mods are killing it like @SnowwyWolf and handling BRQs super quickly and fairly. I love your last ditch attempt to try and shit on ENT one last time by trying to siphon off ENTs player base to go play quasi-dota with Wetbacks from South America. You couldn't just respectfully leave like Beerlord or Kappa, Arii, etc. but instead had to get that one last vindictive kick in. Classy. Starting a private discord to try and trick ENT members to play non-ENT games while a mod = Classy^2).

The one thing I find comical about the whole thread (viewtopic.php?f=62&p=551464#p551464) is that YamiBakura literally called it. I owe him an apology since when he posted his inaugural post "Purging ENT Dota start Today - divinerape Rising" I thought he was an just an attention seeker and a fool. But looking back at it now, this dude is on track to being 100% accurate:

With that all begin said everyone else if you wana work for me you will receive free psychotherapy from me and free boosting. My blacklist: @Unitil alive, @kunkka dead or alive @EdgeOfChaos dead, their dota nicknames are wanted. Gray list: @Astros suspected, more evidences for his crimes wanted.

In one of his posts on another thread, he claimed it would take a year to purge (after his dodge expires). However, he is already half way there and we are only a couple months in.

In particular, it looks like Edge is eating his words because the "retard" called Edges 2nd departure before Edge even knew it was going to happen:

Edgeofchaos wrote:No one cares, retard.

nitehawk
Armored Tree

Postby nitehawk » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Hey I know im bit late for this convo, was just digging through some files and I found this.
Thought it would be helpful to show what kind of guy this ex- admin was. Good Riddance he quit.

zamcrookbitch --- notepad/ Discord convo

Astros02/15/2019
just tell me who u want banned and ill get them banned
Smoker_02/15/2019
Stay and punish those game ruiners
K thx bro

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:56 pm

Well tickle my perenial region and tell me I am having a nocturnal emission. He is back? And as a staff (i.e. bigger and better than ever)?

Is this just another alias of divinerape or is this actually the real banter boi?

I gotta say, for all the years of post-secondary I've been through, nothing prepared me for the level of deep thinking that must have gone into wanting to hire back the legendary banter boi. Yes, I am referring to the same banter boi that the day after his resignation tried to sell ENT out to RGC for less than a share of Blockbuster Inc. in 2014.

Banter_Boi_This_Isn't_Even_My_Final_Form.png
Banter_Boi_This_Isn't_Even_My_Final_Form.png (285.41 KiB) Viewed 3762 times

This is like letting Ted Bundy become a doctor for a gynecology clinic.

The way I see it there are a few possible reasons:
1) Bringing banter boi back is the equivalent of Fallout 3's Chinese fail-safe and it an attempt to help shutdown ENT once and for all.
2) The mod who re-approved Banter Boi is being domestically abused by him and is having trouble getting out of a toxic relationship. (PM me if you need help getting out)
3) By bringing back the most toxic mod, the upper management of ENT is hoping this will help restore the natural toxicity level required for a healthy dota community and therefore bring in an influx of players.
4) Someone in ENT's upper management got bribed with non-monetary favours and this is a trojan magnum XL horse for him to promote RGC and First Blood Gayming.

Gonna need some help answering this one guys.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:29 pm

Damn, he's really been living in your head rent free for 3 years huh?

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:31 am

Edge! Thank god you are still around! You are probably the best qualified person to cast some light into the psychology of Banter Boi. After all, if we look at the characteristics of Banter Boi and you, I'm guessing a there is a correlation coefficient of at least 0.95.

1) Left ENT like a little b*tch -- Not as bad as Banter Boi, but lets be real, you were saltier than KFC batter.

2) Been made out to be a hypocrite for returning since they said they wouldn't play on ENT anymore -- Yamibakura/Divinerape looked like a IQ130+ when he said you'd be purged.

3) Were a vocal ex-mod - You check that box nicely

4) Were exceptional toxic and held a bigger grudges than that onryo chick in that 2004 movie -- Now this is were you differ... Clearly Banter Boi is that champ.

But with such strikingly similar background and traits - I was hoping you could do me a solid - Could you dig deep into your limbic system and prefrontal cortex simultaneously. What I mean by that is I need you to tap into your memories and creative thought. In other words, use your memories/experience and enhance it with abstract thought to answer two key questions:

1) How could someone like Banter Boi lack such self-worth to come back after going scorched-earth when leaving?
2) How could a currently serving mod, think this was a good idea?

Edge-buddy, Banter Boi did not live rent-free for 3 years - He left me for the mistresses at RGC or FBG.

pinheadlarry wrote:The sad part is, I could have stopped his departure as I made an entire post about healing the community. Unfortunately, Merex and FalenGa opted 2x to remove by last-ditch attempt at intervention. The guilt they feel must be unbearable.

I tried to let him live rent-free.

Suck_It69
Aura Tree

Postby Suck_It69 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:18 am

what the actual f :D

Return to “General Discussions”