Frustrating

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Spirits
Armored Tree

Frustrating

Postby Spirits » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 am

Is really frustrating when for a minor offense you are banned strait way and when you report a grave offense no one give a #@$%.

matdas
ENT Staff

Re: Frustrating

Postby matdas » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:29 am

mods care. it just may take awhile to get to it. They will be banned accordingly.

ahols91
Treant

Postby ahols91 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:59 am

Riight... I did 4 ban request within the last 3 weeks and no one of them has been processed... Today a br on myself came, and got processed within one hour xD
'ddddsasdf

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:12 am

ahols91 wrote:Riight... I did 4 ban request within the last 3 weeks and no one of them has been processed... Today a br on myself came, and got processed within one hour xD
It really doesnt matter as any ban request which has been posted will be processed sooner or later.
These users thanked the author aRt)Y for the post:
Spirits (Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:23 am)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

ahols91
Treant

Postby ahols91 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:55 am

aRt)Y wrote:
ahols91 wrote:Riight... I did 4 ban request within the last 3 weeks and no one of them has been processed... Today a br on myself came, and got processed within one hour xD
It really doesnt matter as any ban request which has been posted will be processed sooner or later.

How doesn't it matter? You wont be seeing me making any more br.. Thats for sure.. Why bother use my time on br when it just dusts away, and it increases the chance of yourself getting banned if someone reports you.

Nah. Done with the br section.
'ddddsasdf

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:33 pm

It doesnt matter as in the time doesnt matter.

I processed ban requests which have been older than a month, so what? If players violated a rule, they _will_ get banned. If yiu are afraid of reports yourself, dont violate rules (?).

ENT cant change that. Moderators work voluntarily and holidays are starting soon, too.

The management is forcasting a swift processing of brqs in the next days/weeks though.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

ahols91
Treant

Postby ahols91 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

I don't say that I'm not greatful for the mods voluntarily doing these ban requests/appeals to keep the seriousity at a certain level, I just point out that I find it awkward that they process only those published within 1-2 days and not those on page 2-4 which are up to one month old. Ban requests with minor offences often gets prioritized aswell, when ban requests with a ''higher level of offence'' gets left out due to needing more time to evaluate (I figure).
'ddddsasdf

Mercy

Postby Mercy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:08 pm

@Ahols91

When I work on requests, generally, I try to focus on the oldest first. If something comes thru that is easier to process, I evaluate it, get it done and work on more of the older ones that need more than one view through the replay. There are many cases where I struggle with this, but I feel like it's most important to get to the oldest ones first. That's how I generally work on the BRQ section, anyway.

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:45 am

When i do ban request or appeal i personally reach out to a mod in the chat room/pm and try to see if they are busy and if i come across one who isn't busy i ask them to look at my request. That usually get your request done a little faster especially if it's a auto ban appeal.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Dota-Reaper wrote:When i do ban request or appeal i personally reach out to a mod in the chat room/pm and try to see if they are busy and if i come across one who isn't busy i ask them to look at my request. That usually get your request done a little faster especially if it's a auto ban appeal.
Which we dont really appreciate. Moderators will be processing the ban requests and appeals when they have time. Bothering them via chat or pm is not the best way.

CreativeToon
Resource Storage

Postby CreativeToon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Defensive mods, how ever i do have to agree with the thread owner.
But that treatment after pointing out a fact, pf, that's just unprofessional and childish. Shame on you mods.

Back to the topic at hand mods : Why bother making a ban request when it takes ages to follow up on it? - It's a legit question, i don't see the point in avoiding the question.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:34 am

How many times do we have to repeat ourselves, CreativeToon?

Moderators are volunteers who give up their own time for the better of this community / game. If you feel like the ban requests are not being processed quickly enough, then I am looking forward to see you apply for a staff position in the near future.

CreativeToon
Resource Storage

Postby CreativeToon » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 am

HazarDous wrote:How many times do we have to repeat ourselves, CreativeToon?

Moderators are volunteers who give up their own time for the better of this community / game. If you feel like the ban requests are not being processed quickly enough, then I am looking forward to see you apply for a staff position in the near future.

Again, no responce to the question at hand.
Defensive, and condescending.
I'm new here, so i have no IDEA what you wrote previously etc. How ever, if this is how you threat new people or people who try to better the community by reporting offenders, then I won't be staying long, that's for sure.

Hatedmaru

Postby Hatedmaru » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:06 am

CreativeToon wrote:
HazarDous wrote:How many times do we have to repeat ourselves, CreativeToon?

Again, no responce to the question at hand.
Defensive, and condescending.
I'm new here, so i have no IDEA what you wrote previously etc. How ever, if this is how you threat new people or people who try to better the community by reporting offenders, then I won't be staying long, that's for sure.

There was a response to your question, from arty (if you read this topic from the start), where he also stated regarding mods voluntary work ^^ Anyways usually brqs process are smooth/quick, but don't forget it's holidays (christmas/new year), so it's obvious there might be a lower brq process during this time since people take some time out (to spend with their families, etc). Just be patient, and sooner or later, it will be reviewed/processed xd + If you want to be helpful, you can always review the brq(s) and give your opinion, and apply for staff later if you're interested :)

PS: Might not be the best place, but Hi and Welcome to ENT =)

Return to “General Discussions”