On the question of drawing matches and stacking

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
Swissman
Resource Storage

On the question of drawing matches and stacking

Postby Swissman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey guys
I've just started replaying the game after a 8 year break. Got back into by watching LF's vids on youtube. I really love the game, but honestly do not have all that much fun playing it, as soon as it's not a "straight forward normal game".
Here's a couple of examples I encountered in 10 games (mind you, the 4 games that were actually balanced were a lot of fun!)

- Stacking high ELO: West: 3 1100+ players and a new guy. East 2 sub 1000 players. So instead of teaching and taking care of the new guy, the 1100+ players convince him to go to east? you can imagine the result.

- No draws when player leaves/disconnects: I have read the rules. I know that drawing is a vote and not mandatory. But seriously: 3 games out of 10 someone left on either my side or the other side. At least 2 players per team that were still 4 then refused to draw, making it an unenjoyable experience.

I would really love to get back into the game. I love it. But having a 40% chance to get a fun and enjoyable game and 60% to just meet some greedy people kinda sucks.... What are your thoughts on that? Would love to hear some inputs. :)

Cheers and have a good evening

milfhunter96
Forest Walker

Re: On the question of drawing matches and stacking

Postby milfhunter96 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

try out 1200 bot

Swissman
Resource Storage

Postby Swissman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 am

hard with sub 1k ELO ;)

milfhunter96
Forest Walker

Postby milfhunter96 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Swissman wrote:- Stacking high ELO: West: 3 1100+ players and a new guy. East 2 sub 1000 players. So instead of teaching and taking care of the new guy, the 1100+ players convince him to go to east? you can imagine the result.

Thats the cons of letting people decide on which team they wanna play, but since ent hasnt a matchmarking system there is no other option that could work. But at all it is your choice to play a game or wait for the next lobby hoping its a more balanced one.

Swissman wrote:- No draws when player leaves/disconnects: I have read the rules. I know that drawing is a vote and not mandatory. But seriously: 3 games out of 10 someone left on either my side or the other side. At least 2 players per team that were still 4 then refused to draw, making it an unenjoyable experience.

Well ye its a huge impact on game experience, but again there is no way to do sth against it. Mandatory draw would create to much abuse (even most on mega bot). But i can tell you that on 1200 bot more people are willing to draw. To get 1200 elo i would suggest to find a partner (with experience) you can play with (or even 4 people if you can).

Swissman wrote:I would really love to get back into the game. I love it. But having a 40% chance to get a fun and enjoyable game and 60% to just meet some greedy people kinda sucks.... What are your thoughts on that? Would love to hear some inputs. :)

Every beginning is hard, but i can promise you the chance to play enjoyable games will increase with every game you played. Looking forward to LTD2 with a matchmarking system and less/no smurfes :P

Swissman
Resource Storage

Postby Swissman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks for the helpful advice milfhunter :) yeah I'm probably just gonna play a couple of games here and there and wait for LTD 2 to come out :)

Return to “Legion TD”