Can you request a ban on yourself?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Desire
ENT Staff

Can you request a ban on yourself?

Postby Desire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 am

Can you request a ban on yourself and for it to actually work if the request is reasonable enough?

Yes I know what I'm asking. And I know this is a silly question, but I kind of had this question in the back of my head and had that thought of how funny/ridiculous it would be if you could request a ban on yourself.

Also I did not see if this was already discussed, mentioned, or shown on the wiki. I'm just to lazy to check. xD

Hutzu
Protector of Nature

Re: Can you request a ban on yourself?

Postby Hutzu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:24 am

I remember cases where someone asked for a ban on himself/herself, because the person needed to study and couldn't refrain from playing on our bots. Those people were granted what they asked for.

I once asked for a ban on myself too, I clearly broke a rule though wasn't intentional. It got denied (that was prior to me applying to be mod the first time, so it wasn't a "favour among mods"). I guess a mod can ban you for it, up to the mod to decide. Though the likelihood of that happening is rather slim, unless you ban-dodged or maphacked. Then you can be sure you will get banned.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:57 am

Hutzu wrote:I remember cases where someone asked for a ban on himself/herself, because the person needed to study and couldn't refrain from playing on our bots. Those people were granted what they asked for.

They just want attention. You should just ban them from the forum. Nobody cares how little self control they like to claim they have.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 am

Makes sense. There's no real reason to ban yourself because You the person has a problem with abusing a glitch, being toxic, or excessively spamming unjustified behavior. That's a personal problem that you yourself can easily fix. As for map hack it would be pretty bad ass for someone to get top rank and then quit revealing he map hacked by requesting a ban on himself. Not to support it though, since its pretty easy to catch.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 am

Sylvanas wrote:
Hutzu wrote:I remember cases where someone asked for a ban on himself/herself, because the person needed to study and couldn't refrain from playing on our bots. Those people were granted what they asked for.

They just want attention. You should just ban them from the forum. Nobody cares how little self control they like to claim they have.

Nigga u good?

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 pm

If you break a rule, and post ban request on yourself, will it lower your sentence?

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:59 pm

DreadEasy wrote:Can you request a ban on yourself and for it to actually work if the request is reasonable enough?

If you had to ban request yourself that means you need to work on your skill of driving people mad :mrgreen:
GOTEM

HodoR_
Forest Walker

Postby HodoR_ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Burnt wrote:
DreadEasy wrote:Can you request a ban on yourself and for it to actually work if the request is reasonable enough?

If you had to ban request yourself that means you need to work on your skill of driving people mad :mrgreen:

Take a course at the Troll School?
Hold the door!

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:50 pm

HodoR_ wrote:Take a course at the Troll School?

you should be saying nothing but "hodor"
GOTEM

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Burnt wrote:

@burnt Belive me I drive everyone I play with mad, I not even need to troll thats who I am (Im working on it, and things got better, but is still bad)

Like last game we played 65min game vs tech, axe... etc. And team over and over let themself get called (TOGETHER!)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9650559
I just dont know how to handle that...

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:17 pm

IWinIfyoulose wrote:@burnt Belive me I drive everyone I play with mad, I not even need to troll thats who I am (Im working on it, and things got better, but is still bad)

Like last game we played 65min game vs tech, axe... etc. And team over and over let themself get called (TOGETHER!)
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9650559
I just dont know how to handle that...

wow it's a beast!
GOTEM

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Off topic:
1v1 irl scrub cakes

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Oh, there's also another variation, the one that acts offended and formal and goes something like "I demand that you remove my account from your site. I do not wish to be associated with ___ any longer". They're even worse. The only positive point about them is that they do get banned.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Sylvanas wrote:Oh, there's also another variation, the one that acts offended and formal and goes something like "I demand that you remove my account from your site. I do not wish to be associated with ___ any longer". They're even worse. The only positive point about them is that they do get banned.

That sounds fucking hilarious, any you can share?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 pm

DreadEasy wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:Oh, there's also another variation, the one that acts offended and formal and goes something like "I demand that you remove my account from your site. I do not wish to be associated with ___ any longer". They're even worse. The only positive point about them is that they do get banned.

That sounds fucking hilarious, any you can share?

Go to technical support and search "delete my account" or "remove my account". Prepare yourself mentally, not being satisfied with just no longer going to a particular site is serious. fucking. business. to these people. I mean seriously, nobody cares. Maybe just me a little, I care to the extent that I let it bother me way too much.

Return to “General Discussions”