Please allow public lobbys to vote on !sp in DotA games

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Niltech
Resource Storage

Please allow public lobbys to vote on !sp in DotA games

Postby Niltech » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 am

Teams are often stacked, and enabling the !sp command could fix this. On other bots, I've seen the bot allow players to intiated a !sp vote. Is there any way this could be enabled?

Zeratul

Re: Please allow public lobbys to vote on !sp in DotA games

Postby Zeratul » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 am

!sp (shuffle players) cant be used by public players, however you can initiate a vote to balance the game, by using !votebalance

Niltech
Resource Storage

Postby Niltech » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 pm

I haven't been able to get a single lobby to do this. It just requires too many votes. Many people seem to just not care enough to type it out, and others want to stack teams. Why doesn't it take 6 votes?! That means the team that is stacked can just decide to let it remain stacked!

A) Not sure why teams aren't balanced by default. In DotA, HotS, LoL, etc games with ELO are always balanced. If people want to team up, they can always host their own game.

B) At least lower the number to like 4 votes. That is doable. That means all but 1 player on a team has to care enough to be bothered to type out !votebalance

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello Niltech,

There have been several suggestions on this subject over time. Those topics are currently located in our archive.

Feel free to browse them, as they contain all the details regarding auto balancing.
viewforum.php?f=43

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Sadly autobalance bots were rarely filled (when they were online) - people dont like to play autobalanced games for numerous reasons (i for example can tell you that i usually play with 1 or more friends, so having to play vs my friends could be fun sometimes, but the intention of playing with them is to enjoy playing on the same team, not vs them ^^)

If you want balanced (or fair/skilled games), you can always try to join DIHL (DotA Inhouse League) - not the ideal solution, but on public bots, i dont think ull achieve what you're looking for ^^ at least on the league, teams are usually "balanced", and the skill (and overall teamwork) is better, so might suit what you're looking for :)

Return to “General Discussions”