Lagging only on ENT bots

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
CireT
Basic Tree

Lagging only on ENT bots

Postby CireT » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 am

I don't lag on Makemehost bots or anything else my speedtest is where it should be at 50 Mbps 7 ms.

CireT
Basic Tree

Re: Lagging only on ENT bots

Postby CireT » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 am

not even able to stay in game did the net neutrality thing fuck ENT?

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Well, Alt+Q+Q and Alt+f4 aren't de way to stay in a game. A good number of your games are you voluntarily leaving.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

CireT
Basic Tree

Postby CireT » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Where as you are helping by trolling. Could I get a logical explanation of why it would all of a sudden change to high ping or unplayable ping? Yet my speed tests show no inkling of fault.

CireT
Basic Tree

Postby CireT » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm

by the way its not a g-proxy solution. Its unplayable and sometimes doesn't let me join ENT games its gotten a smidge better, I'm wondering if maybe there have been some outages because of winter storms.

matdas
ENT Staff

Postby matdas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 am

Apoth wrote:Well, Alt+Q+Q and Alt+f4 aren't de way to stay in a game. A good number of your games are you voluntarily leaving.

This

CireT
Basic Tree

Postby CireT » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 am

To any trolls it may concern.... if you can't stay in a game because of ping OFC you won't stay.... so fix your priorities and be a better person... don't need peanut gallery just someone who knows what they are talking about.

dragonizer
Aura Tree

Postby dragonizer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 am

CireT wrote:To any trolls it may concern.... if you can't stay in a game because of ping OFC you won't stay.... so fix your priorities and be a better person... don't need peanut gallery just someone who knows what they are talking about.

As the ping issue seems to be a problem on your side for the most part, I'd rather say that maybe the infrastructure around you/your ISP changed/had outages.

Given the number of players on ENT bots, we would have heard a whole lot more of complaints had this been an issue on ENT's part. As this is not the case, if I were you, I'd give my ISP a call and ask if certain IXPs cannot be reached directly anymore.

I won't go into great technical detail here, as you cannot do much about that yourself anyway, but imagine the following, very common scenario:

You, living in the US, east-coast, want to join a game hosted on a server in Germany. Usually, the route your packages would take:

Your location -> your ISP -> WIX (IXP), Washington, D.C., USA -> DE-CIX (IXP) Frankfurt, Germany -> hoster's ISP -> actual server location

The time a packet needs to travel from you to the server and back is referred to as "ping".
If, for some reason, your ISP cannot route you through the IXP in Washington, but has to route you through the west-coast, let's say through AMS-IX, San Jose, CA, your packaged will take a whole different route:

You -> your ISP -> AMS-IX (San Jose, CA, USA) -> DIX-ie (Tokyo, JP) -> MSK-IX (Novosibirsk, RU) -> Balcan-IX (Galati, RO) -> DE-CIX (Frankfurt, GER) -> hoster's ISP -> server

Now two factors have to be taken into considerdation: firstly, the capacity of each and the amount of all travelled-through IXPs increase the routing time to the server.
Secondly, as your packets will travel back through the same route they came, you will experience higher response times from servers hosted in locations dedicated to providing fast connections to US-East, through the firstly mentioned IXPs. While there are still capacities to route the packages back through the channel you used in the second example, it will not be nearly as fast as through the direct, optimized connection.

tl;dr: Most likely no issue on ENT's side, but rather your ISP having routing problems/IXP in your area either overloaded or under maintenance.

You could, should you have decent mobile internet connectivity (HSDPA+/LTE), try playing a game through Tethering/mobile hotspot, given your cell data provider is not also your usual ISP. If you do not experience issues there, it's your ISP. If you should still experience the exact same problems it is most likely the IXP in your area, especially if you live in a rather rural area/away from bigger alternative IXPs, making a reroute through more distant IXPs inevitable.

Kind regards,

P4M.DE

EDIT: typo
EDIT2: added possible method for finding out if your issue is ISP related
These users thanked the author dragonizer for the post:
Jabba41 (Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am)

Return to “General Discussions”