What/Who introduced you to wc3?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Ochez
Aura Tree

What/Who introduced you to wc3?

Postby Ochez » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am

I`m a bit curious to see and read about your introductions to wc3. As for myself, my brother gave me wc3 Frozen Throne for my birthday back in the days when i got my first computer. I was immediately hooked and spent endless hours playing DotA as my first main game. Summed up i probably have around 5000 hours combined with Dota 2 :lol:

I will make it simple for you and list up questions below where you can fill inn the blanks:

What/Who introduced you?:

Experience in terms of games:

Do you see a future for wc3?:

-M
“Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.”

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: What/Who introduced you to wc3?

Postby Merex » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 am

Use to go to an old gaming center about 10 years ago that held Warcraft III on one of their gaming PC's, started playing it and got into custom games. (Wintermaul One, Footman Frenzy)

Back then playing Footman Frenzy with my irl friends at 3am on a friday night without having to worry about school the next day was just a lot of fun. I'd play Wintermaul One when everyone had passed out, always found it as the "chill" type of go-to game, even today.

Experiences in the now-custom games I play; DotA 1 is a lot of fun, toxic but I still manage to have a good time regardless. Angel Arena is the game where I like to stomp on all the newbs and show off my mad skills. (Yes, let's be honest - we all have these moments) Island Defense is my modern "chill" go-to game, usually play with a friend or two but honestly playing alone and just doing your own thing is what I enjoy the most out of it.

It's lived this long, right?
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Ochez
Aura Tree

Postby Ochez » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 am

@Av1oN

I`ve recently returned to wc3 and my understanding as from my friends is that a new patch to DotA have been released where you don`t get gold from jungle camps. Can you confirm this?

As for the future of wc3 i am constantly having a wet dream that they will do a "remastered" version like the other classic and nostalgic games that are being brought back to life (not that everyone has been successfull)
“Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.”

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:12 pm

@Ochez Welcome Back! Well atleast you didnt play wow tho :P
And what updates and changes that happend over the years to the many DotA versions we have here kinda depends on from when & what version :P

What/Who introduced you?: Started playing it at school back in 03. So other kids that were playing it and teachers I supose.

Experience in terms of games: well? theres alot of difrent maps to play on several servers & then LAN back in the days. Melee or one of the 1000s of custom games that we have. But ye overall exp: I'd say is good :)

Do you see a future for wc3?: Well Ofc! ;)

pr0totype
Treant

Postby pr0totype » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm

What/Who introduced you?: my dad bought it for me when it came out and I played the campaign. Then dad bought me the frozen throne when it was released and i played the campaign for that too.

Usually, in the beginning, way before bots i would go with a lan connect and play skibi td.

Element td after that, then the first versions of legion td, mauls, and hlwl.

Recemtly, before my current hiatus, I played some dota, terribly, but mostly legion td, hero line wars lition

Of course.
These users thanked the author pr0totype for the post:
Merex (Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 pm)

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:40 am

Fairly sure I played it first after school in the computer labs, so would be around 2008.
I've played quite a few custom games, the most time being on Dota 1 and Legion TD. I've always liked looking for new maps on epicwar or joining random games on battlenet, and have had friends to play LAN games with which made both of those activities a lot more fun.
I don't think that the game is going anywhere. I mean that two different ways. I think it's not likely to die out entirely but I also think it's not going to get any more popular or even going to get a whole lot of attention from Blizzard. The few updates they've given it since I started playing all really surprised me, and the most recent seems like they probably will learn their lesson and stop messing around with an old game that already works well enough, has a player base, and doesn't need balancing.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 am

Av1oN wrote:What/Who introduced you?:
Use to go to an old gaming center about 10 years ago that held Warcraft III on one of their gaming PC's, started playing it and got into custom games. (Wintermaul One, Footman Frenzy)

Back then playing Footman Frenzy with my irl friends at 3am on a friday night without having to worry about school the next day was just a lot of fun. I'd play Wintermaul One when everyone had passed out, always found it as the "chill" type of go-to game, even today.

Experiences in the now-custom games I play; DotA 1 is a lot of fun, toxic but I still manage to have a good time regardless. Angel Arena is the game where I like to stomp on all the newbs and show off my mad skills. (Yes, let's be honest - we all have these moments) Island Defense is my modern "chill" go-to game, usually play with a friend or two but honestly playing alone and just doing your own thing is what I enjoy the most out of it.

It's lived this long, right?

Similar to Av1oN I would visit a pc-gaming center that hosted games like CS 1.6, Warcraft, and a host of other games. People would pay $5.00/hr or $25.00 for the day. We'd be there from 10 am - 4 am. I was 1st introduced to Footman Frenzy then eventually migrated over to DotA 1. I think that was around 2005.

I mainly just play DotA 1 now; and have logged more than 5,000 games between DotaCash, THR, Ent, Dota-void, OHS, RGC, and MyMGM. Life gets in the way, so I can play maybe 2-5 games a week if I'm lucky.

Video games are addicting, but this is a classic and will be around as long as there is a fan-base. Seems that there are still >30,000 players on bnet for W3TFT still.

Shanter
Basic Tree

Postby Shanter » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

My friend showed me how he plays and I also wanted.

WarnerCeari
Basic Tree

What/Who introduced you to wc3

Postby WarnerCeari » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:26 am

so sweet you love it

id say the will to follow your dreams/the important of people and nature are my most important aspects i learned from it, jah bless anymore?

Return to “General Discussions”