For MAC players: The cause of crash in MAC OSX when playing DotA!

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
callmedad
Aura Tree

For MAC players: The cause of crash in MAC OSX when playing DotA!

Postby callmedad » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:20 am

For MAC players:

New finding about what causes crash when Playing DotA in MAC OSX!

I tried many version of DotA maps. As long as I BOTTLE RUNES, WC3 crashed!
I am still unsure whether I would drop if others bottle runes, but I guess so, cuz I dropped every game since the new patch released.

It happens all the time whether online or offline.

Lets ask Blizzard to fix that.

EdgeOfChaos

Re: For MAC players: The cause of crash in MAC OSX when playing DotA!

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 am

Does it still happen on Tiny avalanche and Void cronosphere?

Also here's a way to fix any mac issues: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windo ... znwk4/1NT3

callmedad
Aura Tree

Postby callmedad » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Does it still happen on Tiny avalanche and Void cronosphere?

Also here's a way to fix any mac issues: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windo ... znwk4/1NT3

AFAIK, tiny avalanche and Void cronosphere cannot make it crash. Since June when I just downloaded WC3, I have never seen any crashed caused by tiny and void.

You use Windows in virtual machine?

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 am

Hello,

I can confirm that I've never been dropped due to Tiny's avalanche. For Void, I never crashed, but it may be because I was playing Void myself. I tested it out in LAN with Tiny, and I can see my character model. However, when others play Tiny, I cannot see his character model. So I would assume, if others played Void, then I may experience the crash, but so far, unconfirmed for me, because I've completely stayed off from playing Dota.

For MAC players:

New finding about what causes crash when Playing DotA in MAC OSX!

I tried many version of DotA maps. As long as I BOTTLE RUNES, WC3 crashed!
I am still unsure whether I would drop if others bottle runes, but I guess so, cuz I dropped every game since the new patch released.

It happens all the time whether online or offline.

Lets ask Blizzard to fix that.

I've tested it out on LAN. I crash 100% of the time whenever I bottle it. If I had a buddy, I would test out this scenario with my buddy having the bottle, too. I don't think that Blizzard's patch is what's wrong. It's that the version of Dota isn't "up-to-date" or "made" for this patch. Until the moderators decide to use the most updated version of Dota or the map developers come back and fix this version (we are currently using 6.83d fixed v2; we need fixed v3), MAC players are royally screwed.

I've been banned 2 times back to back after ban expiration. It's only affecting my leave percentage in the long term, and the ban appeal section moderators have been unforgiving and let my ban expire out to reply.

Us, MAC OSx players, just have to suck it up and stay off of Dota. I am playing other custom games just perfectly fine. It's just Dota. Like I said, mods have to swap for the updated map or map developers have to come back and fix it. Majority of players are on PC, and they're playing the game fine, so change is not gonna come quickly until the little people are heard.

Thanks,
Angryramen_re

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 am

What if he's meant to be so tiny that you can't see or select him? What if seeing him is the glitch?

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 am

Sylvanas wrote:What if he's meant to be so tiny that you can't see or select him? What if seeing him is the glitch?

Heh. Then we should at least see a tiny dot once he maxes his ultimate. On top of the invisibility, Tiny is also unclickable for single target spells or even clicking auto attacks. Looks like people need to develop x500 zoom hacks so we can see Tiny.

callmedad
Aura Tree

Postby callmedad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:39 am

I tried many version of maps, including 6.78, 6.83, 6.85 and 6.88. WC3 crashed in each of them. Hope new map will be updated to avoid this crash or Blizzard will fix that fatal bug.

thripkiller666
Basic Tree

Postby thripkiller666 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 pm

PLEASE download the Public Test Realm ( https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic ) and try out DotA maps there. I have played one 6.83 and it did not crash on me, but it didn't have much of a load test due to inactivity on the servers.

Could we organize a full game maybe and see how it goes?

angryramen_re
Aura Tree

Postby angryramen_re » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 pm

PLEASE download the Public Test Realm ( https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic ) and try out DotA maps there. I have played one 6.83 and it did not crash on me, but it didn't have much of a load test due to inactivity on the servers.

Could we organize a full game maybe and see how it goes?

@thripkiller666 New patch 1.30.1 came out Aug 29, 2018. I have yet to try it, as I have uninstalled Warcraft 3 completely, but if you've tested the maps out using 1.30.1 already, that may be the reason why you are not crashing. I'll get around to testing them in the near future. Here's the link to the patch notes: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III_ ... ion/1.30.1

Return to “General Discussions”