Is !slap bannable?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
EdgeOfChaos

Is !slap bannable?

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:27 am

According to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133536 yes it is (note that the !slap text was not at all flaming, and used only twice) and was given a long ban for such an offense (also note the ban request is filled out improperly, no "your wc3 username" field)

According to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132947 user not banned because flaming wasn't excessive

It seems to be inconsistent rule application
So, it looks like we need standardization for this?
Is using the slap command to talk to an ignored ally/enemy bannable or not?
Last edited by EdgeOfChaos on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zeratul

Re: Is !slap bannable?

Postby Zeratul » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:36 am

Using it to bypass !ignore is bannable (when excessive, or containing extreme/racism flaming in it), if i recall correctly; In the mentioned recent case, only 2 lines of slap were used, with near 20 mins of interval, so neither the ban or duration looks correct imo (despite his recent controversial bans)

I am curious to it as well tho:

- Despite moderators having different points of view, it would be great that such discrepancies don't occur to avoid ppl being confused to what is or not acceptable/bannable
- Guidelines supposely apply to everyone, however moderator(s) these days seems to skip filling information while processing ingame ban requests (missing wc3 username, and not only): Would be nice if moderators follow the same guidelines as we users are supposed to, for a matter of transparency/coherency
Last edited by Zeratul on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:38 am

Fun fact: nefarlous is xsaintx.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's bannable when he does it, but not when others do it to him. Also explains why he's so angry all the time.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Panopticon (Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:27 am)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:52 am

Sylvanas wrote:Also explains why he's so angry all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RIP xSAINTx, actually didn't know that was him, i bet he will be even angrier after this ban, i am looking forward to the appeal! trip to dramatown!!
still would like some kind of official rule on it though!

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 am

I am curious about this slap command. Is it a new feature?

Sylvanas wrote:Fun fact: nefarlous is xsaintx.

Not to be confused with that pro player, Nefarious AKA yours trully
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:58 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIP xSAINTx, actually didn't know that was him, i bet he will be even angrier after this ban, i am looking forward to the appeal! trip to dramatown!!

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=133538

You must have blinked at the wrong moment. There you go!

Dhamma wrote:I am curious about this slap command. Is it a new feature?

It's as old as it is useless.

Very old.
Last edited by Sylvanas on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:00 am

When people start impersonating you in pubs man
you know you've made it.
someone used to have the account 'edgeofchaos' but it wasn't me! but the games are gone now QQ

Sylvanas wrote:
EdgeOfChaos wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=133538

You must have blinked at the wrong moment. There you go!

oof that was a quick one
are moderators denying appeals for their own bans these days? :?
Last edited by EdgeOfChaos on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:02 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:oof that was a quick one
are moderators denying appeals for their own bans these days?

Haven't they always? I remember there used to be a suggestion about that.

Not sure if this is the one, I can't just be casually remembering a thread from 3 years ago, am I? Anyway I found this:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=76895

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:55 am

You know you're meepo is the best when the supposedly 'greatest' meepo player "nefarious" makes 3 accounts to make fun of you. Mr.saint, mrs.saint, saintt. And when on main, changes 3 different accounts, to then first pick meepo, and lose to sven. Later on, to post brq for excessive flame. Also, dhamma so washed up, loses like 10+ games as meepo then blames team for loss, begs team to pick omni, sil, etc, or says the enemy purposely counter picked A FIRST PICK MEEPO. Omegalul.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:21 am

Answer to question: It's bannable if the moderator in question decides it's bannable. Y'all have been around long enough to know that, come on now.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 am

@saintx1

I have no idea what you are talking about, and I've never made an acct with saint in it LOL Although I'm pretty sure saintt is your own XD Split personalities? As far as my geo's prowess not much as changed since i made my main. An acct that recently got erased had these stats on it

{1445.81, 28, 28, 0, 405, 58, 3259, 166, 177, 1521, 75, 37, 1}

You couldn't average anything close to this with your stacking :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though this is going of topic
Last edited by Dhamma on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:31 am

Yarragon wrote:Answer to question: It's bannable if the moderator in question decides it's bannable. Y'all have been around long enough to know that, come on now.

Except this isn't A decides it's bannable, and B decides it isn't - Guidelines are there for a reason: While they may have different opinions/views, coherency is expected, not 360 different responses (Some cases are not black and white, we all know that, but it's not the current situation/cases mentioned)

Also would appreciate if people stick to the topic in hand, and keep their childish dillemas for private messages - We're talking/questioning the current situation about !slap bans being issued/not issued, and also interested in this one
-> Guidelines supposely apply to everyone, however moderator(s) these days seems to skip filling information while processing ingame ban requests (missing wc3 username, and not only): Would be nice if moderators follow the same guidelines as we users are supposed to, for a matter of transparency/coherency"

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:40 am

@zeratul I was being (half) sarcastic and joking with my response there. Mostly due to how ENT has operated for years now with unclear and undefined rules and guidelines outside of a few major things. It was apparent when they updated the rules for Island Defense and we worked to correct the issues being brought up.

I realize it's not exactly cut and dry in every case, but given we're told there is what amounts to a "handbook" I'd really like the chance to read through it at some point. Because it seems things are left purposefully vague in certain areas to cover up cases that are questionable. (to quote a certain someone, "Don't question your moderators!")

As far as the leaving sections blank, I know personally that some of the moderators like Ben, Haunt, and Kappa will ban a user while they're mid game, post the topic, and go back to it when they're done to fill in the proper information. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it keeps the player that was just banned out of the next lobby. The only issue is if they forget to go back to it, in which case someone reminds them and they take care of it.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 am

I'm pretty sure he's just trying to keep his account name private to prevent certain people from following him in games to ruin/troll, something I've heard several mods complain about.

Anyway, as I always say when these threads come up, they could always just remove the useless ass !slap command. Problem solved.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 am

Topic moved to General Discussions, seems more like a question rather than a suggestion. I also don't appreciate how much this derailed into multiple subjects and still is continuing to do so. If you want to make a serious suggestion on the matter, feel free to re-post but do keep it on-topic and make such intentions/proposals clear.

To answer the initial question though for clarification purposes -
Is using the slap command to talk to an ignored ally/enemy bannable or not?

Yes. Using the !slap command to further communicate with others while having been ignored is a clear violation of abusing our bot commands for such. The cases however are not always black and white, hence not every ban will be as straight forward. But the underline is yes.

If you need even further clarification past myself, here is a quote from HazarDous in the topic listed below -
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=99584
Using !slap (or any other command) to bypass the !ignore command and keep harassing individuals will be considered as exploiting bot's vulnerability, and result in a longer ban.

Obviously harassing =/= communication but like I said, not every case is black and white and I'm sure since 2 ex-moderators for some reason need this clarification they too also know the process of grey area cases and what-not.

To add onto this even further (and finally), no one ever uses the !slap command for good intention. It's almost always in an act of defiance and or harassment as HazarDous stated. Will not go into the case mentioned specifically, but there is your "general answer" if you'll call it.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “General Discussions”