Is !slap bannable?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
EdgeOfChaos

Re: Is !slap bannable?

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:52 am

Somewhat off topic but if you're interested, I was a moderator starting shortly before the BGN merge and continued for.. maybe 2 years (?) before going inactive. I recently came back as a mod but left several months after because I couldn't meet the activity requirements (engineering school and internship, no energy/desire to moderate with the freetime I had then). I don't play much dota and stuff over the school year now anyways, only right now since I am free for a few weeks. The BGN merge was a little shaky back then, but really the moderators who couldn't adapt to ENT were quickly removed and many very good mods joined there, such as arty, who was basically running ENT until his retirement a short time ago.

I don't understand why the 'troll commands' even exist. !slap has no purpose but to troll. !is is a legitimate command (island defense stats) but the command is bugged and shows text to all players, so it should just be fixed.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:26 pm

And we're back to point zero - Mods doing whatever they see fit: Beerlord telling ingame it wasn't bannable if it wasn't excessive, rain denying brq viewtopic.php?f=24&t=133967 , yet Merex approves brqs with less content than this

Are you guys gonna finally discuss amongst yourselves and have a logical ban application, or we will continue playing russian roulette (aka whoever gets the harsh mod, gains the ban)?

This is just pathetic at this point.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Yes, it's inconsistent. I mean if two uses of !slap are bannable, three should be too. I also linked an inconsistent application in the opening post.

The answer, as you surely know, will be that moderators have discretion in when or if to ban, which results in very different application of rules. And yeah it does result in the "ban request roulette" where people will attempt a ton of nonsense ban requests in the hope that 1 or 2 get through, that's the downside :( . This is why you see so many users who get BRQs denied over and over but they keep on trying to report for the same thing. It sometimes works, sometimes not.

Perhaps the original was bannable because the user was xSAINTx. I mean, not that I would be upset about xSAINTx getting banned more. His ingame behavior is usually despicable. But it would be good to say if it's due to the user's history, so people know whether anyone who uses !slap will be banned or not.

My personal view is that I agree with beerlord's judgment, it seems like a very low impact thing to be banning for, especially if used only a few times.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 pm

I have the same opinion: Quite frankly 2-3 lines of !slap (unless the content of it is extreme) should be warned, if not denied, but that's not how the moderators are doing it atm: Beerlord view it as bannable only if excessive, rain warned but still denied, merex just applied the ban for 2 lines with 20 mins interval between: That's my current issue towards it, they are just playing by their own rules, not processing as a team - there's no consistency what so ever, so this is basically saying "if you get X mod, you might get a warning max, but if you get Y mod, you might be banned - so report and hope for the one you're looking for"

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 am

Oh hey cute, my comment about controversy was deleted. Who'da thunk? But yes, differences in processing for a silly command like !slap tend to be a problem, if you're going to force me to say it in a non-sarcastic way that doesn't directly call anyone out.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:33 am

Yarragon wrote:Oh hey cute, my comment about controversy was deleted. Who'da thunk? But yes, differences in processing for a silly command like !slap tend to be a problem, if you're going to force me to say it in a non-sarcastic way that doesn't directly call anyone out.

My comment linking the most recent ban on 2 slaps for 3 days got deleted too. Freedom of speech my ass

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 am

If someone cares enough, use this: viewforum.php?f=10

Yarrgon's comment was innocent and deleted. I didn't see kunkka's.
Tbh since he's banning people who are assholes for it anyways I won't complaint about it.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:01 am

I personally don't care, it just tells me they saw it lol. I mean even Haunt (I think it was him anyway) said he might just ask for !slap to get deleted from the bots all together.

Which, meh. If that happens it just means I have to find a new way to mess with the group I usually play with in game.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 pm

not bannable apparently. Even when exclusively used to flame despite ignore:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=134399

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:48 am

Yawn kingkar - Here i was thinking that now that you became an admin of something (keyword something), that you would finally leave us here on ent, but you can't live without us, can you?

Now, your story is so far from the truth that it actually hurts my eyes:

[*]I wasn't a moderator by that time (neither was i trying to comeback at that time either) - Not to mention i had no idea about the hack (altho i found out later on who was the person behind it, and nope it wasn't Scriv/Mogul, so once again you're wrong)
[*]Nabo was already far gone at this point, so once again you're wrong

Now can we talk about you pretty please?

[*]Got banned for 1 year for telling people he wanted to scratch some innappropriate areas at night (claiming it was a friend, and later on admitting it was him) - No wonder why people call you a pussy, meow :roll:
[*]Got unbanned, and what happened next? You know it:
[*]Got banned for gameruin/flaming again

Disappeared for a few months, till he striked again, again and again, till the banhammer coulnd't resist you anymore, and offered you to the almighty rangeban swinging OP hammer, and u died :X

Also wrong topic - Edge called you on the other one, not this one so please post in the correct topic! Thanks

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:09 am

Zeratul wrote:Yawn kingkar - Here i was thinking that now that you became an admin of something (keyword something), that you would finally leave us here on ent, but you can't live without us, can you?

Now, your story is so far from the truth that it actually hurts my eyes:

[*]I wasn't a moderator by that time (neither was i trying to comeback at that time either) - Not to mention i had no idea about the hack (altho i found out later on who was the person behind it, and nope it wasn't Scriv/Mogul, so once again you're wrong)
[*]Nabo was already far gone at this point, so once again you're wrong

Now can we talk about you pretty please?

[*]Got banned for 1 year for telling people he wanted to scratch some innappropriate areas at night (claiming it was a friend, and later on admitting it was him) - No wonder why people call you a pussy, meow :roll:
[*]Got unbanned, and what happened next? You know it:
[*]Got banned for gameruin/flaming again

Disappeared for a few months, till he striked again, again and again, till the banhammer coulnd't resist you anymore, and offered you to the almighty rangeban swinging OP hammer, and u died :X

Also wrong topic - Edge called you on the other one, not this one so please post in the correct topic! Thanks

Never let this post go away: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=127595#p496446
my my, people sure are interested in my history these days. it's really not that exciting since i was demoted from inactivity, maybe I should post proofs and stuff one day. i know it would be more fun if I created a ton of drama and banned users for 1 year for flaming before leaving, but that's a story for a different moderator :?

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:34 am

dihladmin4 wrote:@Zeratul your facts are wrong. I was banned from admin abuse,
got bored of smashing on same pubs thats why I dont play here.
i dont care about ENT lmao. Ive had my time shitting on pubs and I moved on to DIHL.

you can lie all you want , but you have no proof .

Yep, i don't usually printscreen horrific private messages, my bad (You can always ask ENT, im almost sure they can provide you with the reported message content LOL)

I wonder what this is then tho: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71294 :roll: :?: :idea:

nomnomnom, you can do better than this kingkar - i'm waiting on you =D

PS: I do apologize, i had forgotten you were already banned before being increased to 1 year :X been too long

2) You sent a PM that is completly horrific to another community member about 'Animal cruelty/family threats (Threatning user)'.. (Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:55 pm)

See? i even found the date/hour of the message due to that post, now all you gotta do is ask for it :)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:10 am

Ive had my time shitting on pubs and I moved on to DIHL.

Wow, there sure is a reason he is position 1 on the best AREM team of all time!

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Holy shit, I missed the legendary KingKar? Damn, I wanted to show him how you actually troll the shit out of people, guess I'll never get that chance.

I wonder how the "OHS League" is going. He's so pro I hear he could win TI. Lmfao
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Is there a point to this topic anymore?
These users thanked the author FollowingPath for the post:
Merex (Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 pm)

Return to “General Discussions”