Ff abuse discussion

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
seto
Aura Tree

Re: Ff abuse discussion

Postby seto » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:03 am

@Yarragon I'll help boost you to GM in Duel Monsters, but I've never played LTD in my life, teach me dad.

Also the genesis of this discussion thread has made my heart grow 3 sizes, lol

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:46 pm

I love the way this gets started. Breaking the rules is against the rules, you see? Stating it is pretty nonsensical, but it's technically true, just like it's probably technically true that forfeiting to make a game thrower win is a form of victimless ff abuse. No one that matters is inconvenienced by it and banning the forfeiting team achieves nothing, but it conforms to a technicality. It's kinda convenient to be able to close a thread after making a statement like that, no?
Attachments
48c.jpg
48c.jpg (21.14 KiB) Viewed 1086 times

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Rule breaking is against the rules GIGA KEK

see this is why i never wanted there to be a complaint
I knew that they had TECHNICALLY followed ENT's procedure, just in a dumb way.
no one's seeing the bigger picture it seems. what a shame.

Like the only reason I even made this thread is because one of the things I despise most is application of rules without first using your brain. I guess its just easier this way for them. incidentally btw this is why the American public school system has went to shit. I knew nothing was going to come from it as a complaint.

I even requested the thread be processed because this was obviously going to be the conclusion, but I guess I had to wait to hear it anyways.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 am

Seriously, I don't know how many times I have to say it, there are very specific issues with ENT that aren't ever going to be fixed, simply because of the way things get handled. Mods aren't allowed to apply any sort of critical thinking to a situation, it's a "Well rules are rules so rules for the sake of rules must be held to standards."

The outcome was forseen well before they even made the thread split, and it was all a formality on their end. @edgeofchaos

I will say, Amnon did what he could for the situation pretty well. But sometimes no one wants to overstep because it could cause even more of an issue.

Edit: I also feel like it's worth saying, Mods aren't able to actually converse with a user from my experience. It's all, "Well let's insert justification here." Rather than explain a case and participate in a discussion. I don't know, maybe it's just my past experience speaking.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:15 am

The outcome should have been obvious, given the context - You will never see a rule violation being acceptable just cause someone else is violating the rules themselves (or, correction - might be trolling/game ruining: At that point ingame, the only thing they knew was that he was 0/33, and everyone knows how scores can be deceiving, even if gives you a general idea of what to expect); I still can't understand what's so hard to understand there - Did you (or the violators themselves) expect some leniency cause they did a "favor"? really makes no sense whatsoever to me: They knew what they were doing, from the getgo, and knew exactly what they were trying to achieve with it lol, so if you wanna man up, and forfeit (aka violate the rules) just to show an attitude, then expect the consequences later.

The rest was trivial (The way how the appeal(s)/ban request(s) were handled), even if some was expected (After all, as an ex-moderator, i recall the headache some ban requests give, due to how many hours they need to be processed, due to how long they are - process/replay wise).

Also regarding discussion - Sometimes you are just way too tired to keep on explaining things over and over again (mb not all users are the same, but given certain cases get a lot of attention, and dumbos tend to <if X does this and is allowed, then i will do the same>), you just give up at some point: Tbh the rule violation was clear as water (on both cases - The only difference was one was already reported/easier to process, and the other required more investigation before processing it) - mb people can't use common sense to understand that, but that's not on moderators - but users themselves

Anyways, no matter what is said (even at this late stage), the argument will continue: It wasn't forfeit abuse cause a user was trolling, and the only victim was the troller himself, so there's no rule violation (cause we don't see it that way, and never will), and ENT banned them unfairly, and dind't think outside-the-box (or in this case, without following the rules), so might as well just lock it, since it will never get a middle ground

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:25 am

Zeratul said it pretty well. Not much more you can do really.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “General Discussions”