Ff abuse discussion

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
zawadax3
Aura Tree

Re: Ff abuse discussion

Postby zawadax3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:28 am

Sylvanas wrote:I mean this is probably the only known case of a ban request initiating a chain of events leading to op getting banned for a year. He focused so hard on getting those guys banned in retaliation for giving him a win that he forgot how much of a shady fucker it made him look like.

Good to hear u are my hater.
Im not focused on them. Idc on them both. I just report and they are banned. Was worth it because they crying on forum. They still dont get it me and persephone are two different persons.

And at thegame i always !ignore people like you "who knows better".

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:15 am

zawadax3 wrote:Good to hear u are my hater.
Im not focused on them. Idc on them both. I just report and they are banned. Was worth it because they crying on forum. They still dont get it me and persephone are two different persons.

Can you and the other dumbass combine into a super game throwing-themed Voltron? I need to know because of science.
These users thanked the author Sylvanas for the post:
Yarragon (Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:19 am)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:20 am

Sylvanas wrote:
zawadax3 wrote:Good to hear u are my hater.

Can you and the other dumbass combine into a super game throwing-themed Voltron? I need to know because of science.

Sylv, I really feel like we're connected on a spiritual level. It's almost like these people try to have an idiot contest or something.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 am

Well I'm glad to please. By the way this thread somehow duplicated itself in the complaints board.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=133687

@falenga

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 pm

I guess I should use this thread to post replies for the one in the complaints boards since the odds for anything I try to post there being approved by mods is basically zero. Maybe this is why they duplicated it, to keep one of the two free from me.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:57 pm

I think duplicating it was a bad idea since it's going to split the discussion anyways. And even though I think it was a bad judgment call, I don't want to make such a big deal of it to go to a complaint anyways.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Woohoo! Correction: my post appeared in the complaint twin of this thread, a full 27 hours after I posted it! Is this normal or am I just paranoid?

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:34 am

I think they just probably didn't see it then. The post awaiting approval thing is quite easy to miss and there are only a few oversight moderators.

They have no reason to not let you post there I think, haven't seen anything showing the mods dislike you.

zawadax3 wrote:
Sylvanas wrote:I mean this is probably the only known case of a ban request initiating a chain of events leading to op getting banned for a year. He focused so hard on getting those guys banned in retaliation for giving him a win that he forgot how much of a shady fucker it made him look like.

Good to hear u are my hater.

Here we see one of the reasons why the ban was a bad idea. Empowering the throwers/trolls. He thinks he's god now that he threw a bunch of games and got a troll ban request passed.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Here we see one of the reasons why the ban was a bad idea. Empowering the throwers/trolls. He thinks he's god now that he threw a bunch of games and got a troll ban request passed.

If it wasn't approved, the idea that would be represented is that breaking the rules (!ff abuse/for no reason) was acceptable as long as someone is breaking the rules first.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Also should note, the dude is still dodging I can almost assure you. He posted an appeal, and hasn't responded to it in over 3 days now. He did it twice before according to Zeratul lol.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Zeratul wrote:If it wasn't approved, the idea that would be represented is that breaking the rules (!ff abuse/for no reason) was acceptable as long as someone is breaking the rules first.

Someone HAS to be throwing on the other team for that offense to possibly be reported! Otherwise nobody complains and nobody gets banned! I'm repeating myself, but that's the gist of the problem. They didn't get banned despite a thrower in the other team, they were banned because of that thrower and only because of him. That stupid thrower probably felt very clever for using the system to police those who would interfere with his throwing and he would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your stupid dog. He did get banned himself, but only because of interventions from forum users and a separate report that could just as well not have been there.

Let it sink in. This informal "rule" (since the rules still just list 'ff abuse", it's only implied) has a single potential purpose: for throwers to report the people that make them win. There isn't a single other way for this situation to be brought up in ban requests and you're going to tell me that any of this is right? Ultimately, what's the reason for insisting that what happened had to be included within the broad "ff abuse" category? How about not? Just let people forfeit a game if they feel like it, problem solved.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
Zeratul wrote:If it wasn't approved, the idea that would be represented is that breaking the rules (!ff abuse/for no reason) was acceptable as long as someone is breaking the rules first.

Someone HAS to be throwing on the other team for that offense to possibly be reported! Otherwise nobody complains and nobody gets banned! I'm repeating myself, but that's the gist of the problem. They didn't get banned despite a thrower in the other team, they were banned because of that thrower and only because of him. That stupid thrower probably felt very clever for using the system to police those who would interfere with his throwing and he would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your stupid dog. He did get banned himself, but only because of interventions from forum users and a separate report that could just as well not have been there.

Let it sink in. This informal "rule" (since the rules still just list 'ff abuse", it's only implied) has a single potential purpose: for throwers to report the people that make them win. There isn't a single other way for this situation to be brought up in ban requests and you're going to tell me that any of this is right? Ultimately, what's the reason for insisting that what happened had to be included within the broad "ff abuse" category? How about not? Just let people forfeit a game if they feel like it, problem solved.

I will say that if you have a group of 5 people, you could join a game with one person on the other team, and immediately have your 4 friends forfeit to play on the 1200+ bot or some other situation. That's why the rule is in place.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Yarragon wrote:I will say that if you have a group of 5 people, you could join a game with one person on the other team, and immediately have your 4 friends forfeit to play on the 1200+ bot or some other situation. That's why the rule is in place.

Ah right, the infamous organized groups of 4-5 people, united by their desire to spend their free time forfeiting games over and over, because of reasons.

Other than the fact those people don't exist, repeated forfeiting obviously qualifies as throwing. Repeat ff implies joining with the intention of forfeiting, while a forfeited game does not, as in the current situation.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 am

I mean, I've got 4 friends... Hey @ben_t @kappa wanna help me get to 1200 elo in LTD? How about @seto or @e0e0e0e0? No report pls for the mods.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:54 am

It doesn't just take 4 friends, it takes 4 very special friends... I'm not worried.

Return to “General Discussions”