WARCRAFT 3 REFORGED

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Yondaime
Protector of Nature

WARCRAFT 3 REFORGED

Postby Yondaime » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:57 am

What does this mean potentially for ENT ? Revival if they have Bot games n such? Anyone know anything deeper than perhaps the general pleb like myself?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: WARCRAFT 3 REFORGED

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:14 am

Obviously no bots. It just means Blizzard wants some more money for as little effort as possible. At this rate, 2019's Blizzard will probably release footmen as paid DLC.

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:01 am

We dont know about that yet!! Maybe the removed the bots due to the fact that the new one is coming out so they want people to transfer over to the new Warcraft!

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:00 am

That would be admitting it. Their official version is that bots are no longer needed because they were only a replacement for having to set up port forwarding to host. They're going to stick to it. Honestly it's probably what they actually think.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:43 am

I think it's not positive for ENT, because players will switch to Reforged. And they will continue with their current plans on that. The only way you will be able to play on ENT will be on the current patch on the classic version, so maybe it will be a small cult community.

Who knows, maybe they will set up a search engine for LTD and DOTA games too :)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Atrux
Basic Tree

Postby Atrux » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 pm

I am superhyped about the new games, as well as I am sort of worried about the multiplayer functions for custom games. My guess is that there will be a huge amount of games the first weeks/months, and then we'll be going back to the same old same old. The best of both worlds would be if ENT and MMH fused over to Reforged as well and put up Wc3Connect. If that'll happen or not, we'll just have to wait and see. But I'd love the same fuctioning bots, either through Battle.Net or LAN, to move over with Reforged. The new models and everything looks so smooth, as well as the custom games that currently exist will be fully functional according to the press release. Let's just pray and hope this becomes amazing!

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 pm

I think especially with the Custom games either Blizzard will hopefully allow the bots to host, that way they dont have to spend much money on people actually moderating the custom games since people with the bots already did that if they are smart. Along with that the bots clearly had to have a CD key so that will just mean more money for them in the first place as well. I dont think it is the end for ENT at all because perhaps we can still do a LIHL through private games and such. Dota however will not be updated since the rights are actually reserved with Valve now unless IceFrog allows it somehow no idea. Itll be a good time though!!

digitalistical
Aura Tree

Postby digitalistical » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Hope the updated world editor gets some good mapmaking going on :)

And that new maps remain compatible with botsss

randomloser
Forest Walker

Postby randomloser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:12 pm

I think more or less the custom scene will make or break reforged/ent. This doesn't really bold to well for ent if you think about it. Essentially they're just a few flashy patches away from being obsolete. Granted said patches can be buggy and send players looking for alternatives like ent. However with no room for improvement staying on the buggy 1.30 patch with a dwindling player base imo trouble is on the horizon.
-load :6589p to play custom hero arena 3D
Do you like hero craft?
Do you like angel arena?
Then try cha out you'll probably love it :D

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:13 pm

I don't understand. Why don't they just make Warcraft 4?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 pm

nitromon wrote:I don't understand. Why don't they just make Warcraft 4?

Impossible as long as they keep continuing the story via wow.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
nitromon wrote:I don't understand. Why don't they just make Warcraft 4?

Impossible as long as they keep continuing the story via wow.

Not impossible. Just pull the same bullshit they did with Warlords of Draenor, "alternate timeline"...

Not that I would want that... but they've already set a precedent for ruining their own lore and story lol.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 am

Sylvanas wrote:Impossible as long as they keep continuing the story via wow.

lol I didn't even know WOW has a storyline. I thought it is just a bunch of people online killing each other. Then again the only thing I know about WOW is from Southpark. :lol:

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:49 am

1B_Fantom wrote:Not impossible. Just pull the same bullshit they did with Warlords of Draenor, "alternate timeline"...

Not that I would want that... but they've already set a precedent for ruining their own lore and story lol.

Blizzard, RUINING THEIR OWN THINGS? They would never do that, NO WAI.

nitromon wrote:lol I didn't even know WOW has a storyline. I thought it is just a bunch of people online killing each other. Then again the only thing I know about WOW is from Southpark. :lol:

Basically it's "powerful evil thing returns/major character undergoes heel flip" over and over. Guess who is currently randomly batshit insane in wow? Oh yes!

The wow storyline is basically like wrestling except with demons and magic.

Return to “General Discussions”