dota ban request waste of time?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Zeratul

Re: dota ban request waste of time?

Postby Zeratul » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:19 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Meh. It's really hard to stay active; this is the reason why I was demoted the first time and quit the second time. Putting up with this forum is tough, it's hard to get motivated to do it

Yes and no - When you have a good working team, with a good environment, you will eventually find time/motivation for it (just like any other activity you do in real life): yes there are some cases that dont fit here, but most of them do ^^ long live the nights where ENT ajax chat was something you'd run from when certain persons were drunk online :lol:

calmspirit
Aura Tree

Postby calmspirit » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:12 pm

holy sheez i was fully goona delete this post >.< i felt really bad after making it, i didn't know it was kinda all on beerlord to take his personal time to deal with all he madness. thanx beerlord for taking the time, you a legit dota hero ^^
These users thanked the author calmspirit for the post:
BeerLord (Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:54 pm)

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:43 am

BeerLord wrote:Sorry fellas, Ive gotten so sick of the drama queens, I need a break or maybe just retire.

@BeerLord take the break if you need! You are a super stable and valuable mod and it would be a big loss for ENT! Your DOTA BRs are always consistent and you actually look at circumstances and consider alternative strategies rather than just being quick to drop the ban hammer.

I know being a WC3 mod in the game with the most awesomely-toxic community is less than a thankless job, but I do appreciate the work you do (and the other mods too).

And for anyone riding the mods to work more, lay off... They do it for free and for their own "enjoyment". This is probably the best and most stable mod-team ENT has had and it is also great to see uakf.b poking around again (Arty was great too). Be careful what you wish for, since ENT had "highly dedicated" mods like nabo. and Agreements but they were power-tripping dickweeds and would steamroll all kinds of stupids changes and rules through.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:54 am

Hah, that reminds me. Is anyone here ancient enough to remember Agreements?

His claim to fame is banning a guy for 1 year for flaming him ingame, and when the inevitable complaint came, deleted it :lol:
Anyone looking for some amusement can peruse the pages of Processed Complaints to see the issues we've had in the past.
Sometimes I go read these for fun
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9634
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13484
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15783
Part of King kar's origin story: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38416

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:19 pm

pinheadlarry wrote:
BeerLord wrote:Sorry fellas, Ive gotten so sick of the drama queens, I need a break or maybe just retire.

@BeerLord take the break if you need! You are a super stable and valuable mod and it would be a big loss for ENT! Your DOTA BRs are always consistent and you actually look at circumstances and consider alternative strategies rather than just being quick to drop the ban hammer.

I know being a WC3 mod in the game with the most awesomely-toxic community is less than a thankless job, but I do appreciate the work you do (and the other mods too).

And for anyone riding the mods to work more, lay off... They do it for free and for their own "enjoyment". This is probably the best and most stable mod-team ENT has had and it is also great to see uakf.b poking around again (Arty was great too). Be careful what you wish for, since ENT had "highly dedicated" mods like nabo. and Agreements but they were power-tripping dickweeds and would steamroll all kinds of stupids changes and rules through.

Without Beerlord, TrueChaos, and Quetra, there would be over 400 ban requests open from just the past two weeks. This isn't an opinion, it's math. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. My recommendation is simply an encouragement of the site to realize that many of their moderators are idle and obsolete. Their perspective is that "no one else is volunteering and it doesn't hurt that we have more moderators because they may come back after their two year hiatus." While I can see both sides, they are the ones who freely signed up to help and only a few are actually helping. Three mods shouldn't be completing an overwhelming 90% of the ban requests when there is a list of over 20 moderators regardless of how you want to paint the picture.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post:
Prime987 (Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:12 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Hah, that reminds me. Is anyone here ancient enough to remember Agreements?

Of course I do. He force staffed me in fountain in 2014. What, am I supposed to have gotten over it now? lol, yeah right.

Agreements, winner of the Merex Disappointing Future Ex-Mod Award©®™ 2014

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 am

EdgeOfChaos wrote:Meh. It's really hard to stay active; this is the reason why I was demoted the first time and quit the second time. Putting up with this forum is tough, it's hard to get motivated to do it, and there's real life + having other shit you want to do. I don't fault anyone for activity levels. Though two-month old ban request is quite long to be honest.

Having a huge backlog in appeals is worse than in requests I think. I always did appeals first, which is why I have 1000+ posts there.

Edge, you were ruthless as a mod and slammed me with a 1 month frivolous ban for repeat offenses of:

All I did was
Rule player violated:
Time of incidents (Note in-game timer or replay timer): both players know each other (and they admited it, maybe friends) one of them on sentinel, another one on scourge. ezalor(pinheadlarry) sent his teammates on "hero tavern" and then his friend (meow_mix) tp there and was trying to get some kills. ezalor - intentional ruiner.
Any further thoughts: meow_mix admited all. and said that he doesn't care about ban. he plays on dotacash. hope he will get ban not only here.

We were merely enhancing the game of dota by creating cage-matches at the taverns. It was like Tekken and dota at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen a pair recreate our ezalor and wisp teammate-teleport cage matches. We only got banned because cage-match dota was too far ahead of its time in 2012. I can't see cage-match dota being a thing till at least 2040.

Eventually when dotacash died in 2013, we fell into a little bit of an awkward-situation when we realized we had to take ENT seriously and not as a toilet boil to make AMAZING game enhancements.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 pm

:lol: :lol: Rofl
I don't even remember this, but that's pretty funny.

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

Postby pinheadlarry » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am

beerlord.png
beerlord.png (842.87 KiB) Viewed 1617 times

8 HOURS OF STRAIGHT BAN HAMMERING!!! And when I say straight, I mean it in the most heterosexual of ways.
These users thanked the author pinheadlarry for the post:
Prime987 (Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:12 pm)

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Bracing for the oncoming hate train...
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
kunkka (Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:13 pm)

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Didn't y'all know having fun in a video game is a big no no? You're supposed to be super cereal hardcore progamer 1337 dota tryhard all the time. @pinheadlarry
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “General Discussions”