!slap and !ignore command

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
bigtits
Treant

!slap and !ignore command

Postby bigtits » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,

What is the exact rules about using slap? i don't have a very good english and when the admin answer me i understand if this command is used maliciously to flame or bypass !ignore for useless things this is bannable but not if this is for the game play, or something really necessary, am i right?

Anyway, i suggest you to remove !slap and to remove !ignore, this is the first time in a community i see !ignore command, it make no sens of the game play.
For exemple, if i tell something to someone like "go basher" most of guys will used ignore command, then in the same game i will ask him if he can shield me or if he can come with me gang or split push or whatever and i just can't, because the guy ignored me, so it broke the entire game play !!

ignoring someone shouldn't be allowed, same as using slap, i don't have a good english to explain you what i exactly mean, but if someone abusing in chat because he flame or harass you, okey just report the guy, but ignoring will just break the game a little more.
@uafk.b @jabba41 @hazardous

thank

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: !slap and !ignore command

Postby Merex » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 pm

What is the exact rules about using slap?

If you are ignored, a player does not want to speak to you. They do not want to communicate nor affiliate themselves with you. When you use !slap to bypass the ignore function a player has preformed on you, you are technically violating a rule. The bot's ignore function is solely designed so that 2 players can no longer communicate which includes cutting off visually seeing each others messages and you are intentionally exploiting another function by further communicating yourself to said player when it's clear they want nothing to do with you.

The majority of !slap cases do vary, which is why not every duration is consistent for this matter. However, despite the intention of the !slap, you are exploiting and that in itself is a violation and will be dealt with accordingly should you fall under a ban request.

I suggest you to remove !slap and to remove !ignore

!slap is already being discussed amongst the staff and will most likely be removed. !Ignore however will not. That function holds an everyday purpose to prevent toxicity between 2 players or even, in some cases, just 1 player constantly harassing another. I will save you any further trouble here and say that despite any efforts put into a potential campaign against !ignore, it will fail. This command serves a purpose and therefor will be kept.

if someone abusing in chat because he flame or harass you, okey just report the guy, but ignoring will just break the game a little more.

What you're essentially saying is that when players are toxic/harassing another player, you want said player whom would use !ignore instead to put up with being harassed all game? No. That won't happen. If someone wants a peaceful game of DotA, the !ignore function is at their disposal.

DotA while being a 5v5 team-based game, does not require around-the-clock communication. It is also very simple for a player to listen to someone else on their team, should they have another ignored.

And lastly, you did not need to tag our department for a matter such as this. If it truly meant something to you to have a word from someone beside myself, you can PM any of the 20+ staff that we have but they will most likely say the same, including the 3 that were tagged.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “General Discussions”