*NEW* DotA In-House League

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Astros
ENT Staff

*NEW* DotA In-House League

Postby Astros » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 pm

https://discordapp.com/invite/MudFGsP

Active and running. I have nothing to do with this but if you are interested in a more competitive gaming environment for DotA 1, please check it out.
These users thanked the author Astros for the post (total 2):
1B_Fantom (Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 am) • Hyo (Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:02 pm)
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Re: *NEW* DotA In-House League

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks for spreading the word ZaM. Like he said. We have almost 100 active dota 1 players who are some of the best still around. We play every night and have stats tracking, a queue system to ensure fairness, a moderation team, and our own website to display stats and rankings.

While this is a competitive league with cash prizes and tournaments, we welcome anyone to come try out our league and see if you enjoy it! We also stream matches every night if you want to observe from a distance (twitch.tv/fbgdota)

The first step is joining the discord and we can guide you from there. We play on battle.net and gather on US East, but players from us west, east, and Europe all currently play with us.

We hope to see you all soon!

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:52 pm

Yeah the league is running well with lots of activity. I help manage the bots there and we got some cool features currently implemented and continuing to add more. Wc3Addict manages the ELO system which works fairly flawlessly.
Last edited by Kappa on Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyo
Basic Tree

Postby Hyo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:01 pm

The league is quite recent, had an excellent start, and we do invite you to come and try - There's a lot of good players, good team spirit and we also play public games on battle net, so you can find people to play with, here as well ;)

You won't be disappointed, trust me ;) Looking forward to seeing, and playing with you guys!

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:33 am

Hey Larry,

I don't know you really, or what you are trying to get at. But I don't think you really get what any of this post means.

We don't need to ban IPs, whether on BNet or on Discord. Everyone gets in on a vouch basis... We don't just take in random players, and if someone ever does ruin a game or display low skill, we simply don't let them in the game again. We have more than enough players currently to not require randoms, we simply wanted to offer it to the players that are still wanting a challenge.

Battle.net has way more games, way more modes, and updated maps. When Reforged comes out it's pretty clear that even more people will be flocking back to it as well. Nothing against ENT, I've had my fun here over the past few years. But being able to have improved maps, and non EM games, with AR, SD, RD, and CD modes is great.

I'd say give it a shot before you try it, but I looked at your stats and sadly I think its way over your skill level if you cant even manage 700ELO.

Anyways best of luck when your ban is over mate.

pinheadlarry wrote:FormerModsKeepingItClassy.PNG

Lol here come the butthurt banditos.

Lets have some fun facts brought to you by Pinheadlarry:

1. Discord can't rangeban IPs

2. Battlenet bans by username

3. The honorable pinheadlarry knows how to spoof his MAC address and create new battlenet accounts, just like many others

4. Pinheadlarry likes to shit on fools that like to pretend battlenet is better then a private server

5. Pinheadlarry has a very full bowel at the moment and is looking to do some shitting

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:09 am

If you really want to grow your "league" you need to learn how to market properly. It just feels like your trying to leech. Tell them that 8 new items will be there, hero updates, map & cost of items changed, and more. Dont try to sell something and hide the obvious. If these pubs knew your map is much different than ENT, most of them wont bother.

Im not against this group, I think its good there are still dota players left on bnet. And I always encouraged dota players to unite. but like manyyy others we strongly support ENT. Great platform, loyal pubs, 6.83 official map. Your forgetting ENTs competitive advantage. The competition died since OHS. Nobody is hosting 6.83 anymore. This is one of the reason Ent has a strong Dota Base .

RGC is literally called dota 1.5. Its a copy of dota 2 with the dota 1 engine. If thats what you like u can ask to join zams possy. (they mostly speak spanish though) It is harder to communicate with them.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:44 am

You say .83 like its the only place it CAN be hosted. It can be hosted anywhere including bnet but people dont like the map. We will never update with new dota 2 heros or map but some of then new items are useful.

And we don't play on RGC none of our group ever has, and we dont use their map.

I really am not trying to prove anything. I didn't post here, someone else did for us. And trust me I think we are doing fine. But if people want the opportunity then its here.

If you dont like it then please feel free to leave our discord. You always keep joining and rejoining whenever you get banned from wherever it is you play. I dont think you're in any place to advise people on how to manage a league considering your background. It always cracks me up the most loyal ENT players are the ones currently serving bans lol.

KingKar wrote:If you really want to grow your "league" you need to learn how to market properly. It just feels like your trying to leech. Tell them that 8 new items will be there, hero updates, map & cost of items changed, and more. Dont try to sell something and hide the obvious. If these pubs knew your map is much different than ENT, most of them wont bother.

Im not against this group, I think its good there are still dota players left on bnet. And I always encouraged dota players to unite. but like manyyy others we strongly support ENT. Great platform, loyal pubs, 6.83 official map. Your forgetting ENTs competitive advantage. The competition died since OHS. Nobody is hosting 6.83 anymore. This is one of the reason Ent has a strong Dota Base .

RGC is literally called dota 1.5. Its a copy of dota 2 with the dota 1 engine. If thats what you like u can ask to join zams possy. (they mostly speak spanish though) It is harder to communicate with them.

Hyo
Basic Tree

Postby Hyo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:50 am

Given you are a part of the Discord, Kingkar (or should i call you Rizzrak?), you're also aware that the used map (DotA 6.85) is announced on both the website/Discord.

The map itself is actually the same map that the current playerbase you refer, prefers (refer to viewtopic.php?f=14&p=551901#p551901 ), so i don't see any problem with it: yes there's new items, hero updates, and different stuff, still a much more balanced map compared to 6.83 (We could talk/discuss all day long, and you won't find anything on 6.83 more balanced than on 6.85 in any way atm), so i don't see where you have a "strong dota base" when your playerbase prefers 6.85 itself: We're offering them the chance to play 6.85 and higher skilled games, that's all.

Actually there's players hosting 6.83 on battle net for your information (Purger, who happens to be an old OHS player as well - coincidence i know xd), so there's room for both

RGC is nowhere close to battle net (nor can you compare it to ENT either) - you should really learn how some communities work (before putting them on the spotlight) ;)

Anyways, since you wanted us to "market" properly, we can proudly market that we do not accept trolls/gameruiners, and we have a serious vouching process to ensure the playerbase doens't suffer from it.

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:26 am

Your right fantom, official dota can be hosted anywhere. But the fact still remains that ENT is the only community still hosting it. That guy "purger" was an OHS pub. He misleads people thinking that the OHS bot is still hosting on BNET. The Quality of games can speak for itself.

You mention my background but I made it clear things have changed. Im not one to hold a grudge fantom. There is no conflict anymore.
Lastly, hyo you should know the playerbase did not have a decisive vote. You cant disregard the amount of people that play 6.83 and will continue to support it. I believe that 6.83 is still more popular than 6.85. Thats the only argument I made, respectively.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06 am

No more drama. Someone posted their league here, that's fine. It's not a battleground, it's a general discussion.

Any posts beyond mine containing any ounce of negativity gets a forum ban. If you want to go to war with each-other, take it to the dota sub-forum.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Astros (Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:30 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:28 am

I would ask you all to please avoid leaving bnet dota games when an inhouse game pops up. This happens often, and is pretty annoying. If you are going to participate in an upgraded player pool/higher quality games sort of thing, I dont think ruining bnet games reflects very well on your goals here.

streetrunnerz
Resource Storage

Postby streetrunnerz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:18 pm

you left our discord though and assume you want nothing to do with us... We asked you many times for +1 and you didn't want to help lol.

agreed it may be annoying, but BNet doesnt have stats or major competition like the league does. not hard to see why people will drop what they are doing to join the game they're waiting for.

BeerLord wrote:I would ask you all to please avoid leaving bnet dota games when an inhouse game pops up. This happens often, and is pretty annoying. If you are going to participate in an upgraded player pool/higher quality games sort of thing, I dont think ruining bnet games reflects very well on your goals here.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Lots of very good games have been running lately and we would like to increase the number of players to the point where we could get 2-3 games hosted simultaneously. If you are looking for a more competitive DotA scene or just looking to improve your gameplay, you'll learn a lot more in these games. It's free and open and there should be a tournament soon with prizes. Currently, there are 30-40 active players but the goal is to turn this into something that can sustain itself and to achieve that, we would like for all competitive DotA players or even those who like to watch such games to be a part of this. As you all know, DotA 1 is a dying breed and this may be the last opportunity for it to still exist in the future.

Join DotA IH League's Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/MudFGsP

To watch the IH games: https://www.twitch.tv/fbgdota
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Return to “General Discussions”