Just my five cents about Dota

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
Gin_
Armored Tree

Just my five cents about Dota

Postby Gin_ » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:09 pm

I have been on ENT over five years. It used to have plenty players on here. Now it is still one of the best platforms in my opinion, but not as thriving as before. I still remembered the old time I played on DotaCash, and I have to admit ENT is dying. Here are just my five cents.

First, Dota 1 is a really old game for over ten years, the main players were young students. Now most of us are out of school, start working and may get married or even have kids. So not a lot free time for us to play Dota like we used to. I believe a number of active players have already quited playing because of there reasons.

Second, a lot players move on to Dota 2, which I think it is completely a differnent game to me. Because the public sight is shifted to Dota 2 with lots of prizes awarded, Dota 2 becomes the main stream.

Third, I do really appreciate all the mods hard work for us in last 6-7 years, because of you fellas we had a good time on ENT. IMOP all the mods are fair enough and really active in the past until now. Since Astro and Snowy resigned, the brq section accumulated lots of old brq. More and more trolls show up and ruin games, saying “I will not get banned”, “ENT is dying” etc. I swear in the past 8 or 9 month I have seen the most trolls on ENT since 2014, feeding, item destroy, ghosting, flaming. Maybe it is the time to hire more staffs just for Dota games, I realize barely any old brq for LTD games.

Last, both ap or ar games used to fill up very fast before, but not any more since Blizzard did the stupid shity update. It now only fills in the ap game, but not ar game . Still a plenty of players want to play ar mode, because we are sick of techies, slark, bara, meepo games. Lots of old players either move to RGC for the new map and new items, or stay on BNET. Is there a way we can figure out to get them back on ENT? I have seen FBG hosting in-house game, it may take over half hour to start a game, which is way too long for me to wait. We have few and few Dota 1 players now, why cannot we play on the same platform? It doesn’t matter if we play in-house or pub, as long as on the same platform more active players means more good games.

Overall, it is just my thoughts. And I am not judging anyone.If you feel offended, please forgive my language.

KingKar
Forest Walker

Re: Just my five cents about Dota

Postby KingKar » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:02 am

can agree with some things u said gin, lot of us also came from DotaCash, and played for long time. Like i said before
most ent players stopped playing and moved to dota 2 or quit. Dota 2 became so different the players who didnt want to change stayed on wc3. And thats why most wc3 dota players still here.

The reason ent arem died is because of blizzard last patch. There just wasnt enough players split on 2 bots, so everyone moved to apem.
But atleast ent.11 bot is still very active games /week. This is good thing for most NA players that use ent bots.

Lots of old players either move to RGC for the new map and new items, or stay on BNET. Is there a way we can figure out to get them back on ENT? I have seen FBG hosting in-house game, it may take over half hour to start a game, which is way too long for me to wait. We have few and few Dota 1 players now, why cannot we play on the same platform? It doesn’t matter if we play in-house or pub, as long as on the same platform more active players means more good games.

yes. It takes long time to fill a fbg game, and bnet is just not worth playing, with no rules. There are so many leavers on bnet games, and the connection is mostly slower then ent. theres gproxy here incase you dc, but bnet doesnt have nothing. Theres some groups can invite players from bnet to ent, and its better for all to play on the same platform.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Re: Just my five cents about Dota

Postby 1B_Fantom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:14 pm

biggest problem is there the best players on ENT have either stopped playing, or only play on smurfs now. You say that people should go where the games are, but here is just so one dimensional. its only apem games like you said, and the community is so hell bent on staying with the .83d map.

You say games take forever, but I haven't seen you play a single game with us yet gin... Some nights we have 2 games going at at a time so its really not a fair assessment. But again, I don't know your usual time when you want to play, but every night after 7pmEST we have games going consistently.

Comes down to what you really want. I still recommend ENT for anyone looking to play LTD or HellHalt, as this is definitely the biggest, well monitored and fun place to do so. But if you want competitive and fun dota games, the in-house is where we seem to be finding a lot of people. and when reforged comes out I think even more will be doing so there. The nice thing about in-house is there is no hiding behind smurfs, and attempting to snipe or steal ELO like is so frequent here. But if you enjoy the set-up here then you are welcome keep playing it. But I'd recommend you at least play a few games with us before you make up your mind on anything.

Return to “General Discussions”