Dota/Wc3 extreme fps lag - advice for solution?

General discussion about Warcraft III and Enterprise.
RichardCoffee
Armored Tree

Dota/Wc3 extreme fps lag - advice for solution?

Postby RichardCoffee » Fri May 12, 2023 4:55 pm

Ever since I made a large TV as my monitor, Dota/wc3 has been lagging badly. The FPS is at 20-30, which is laughable for a 20 year old game. I am pretty sure the monitor is the reason.

I've been trying to turn it into windowed mode and nothing is working. I keep reading too much crap about how to run in windowed mode and need a CLEAR, easy-to-follow solution to at least try running it in Windowed Mode.

How do I play this in windowed mode and has anyone come across this issue before in general? I'm getting desperate.

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Re: Dota/Wc3 extreme fps lag - advice for solution?

Postby plzbanruiners » Sat May 13, 2023 10:30 am

try this it might work: create a shortcut to ur wc3 and add -nativefullscr at the end of the target under properties. also make sure ur resolution matches for ur pc/laptop to wc3 video settings. so if for example ur 3840x2160 on TV make sure its the same on ur wc3 video settings also these smart TVs can also adjust ur resolution there i think. gl

RichardCoffee
Armored Tree

Postby RichardCoffee » Sat May 13, 2023 1:36 pm

plzbanruiners wrote:try this it might work: create a shortcut to ur wc3 and add -nativefullscr at the end of the target under properties. also make sure ur resolution matches for ur pc/laptop to wc3 video settings. so if for example ur 3840x2160 on TV make sure its the same on ur wc3 video settings also these smart TVs can also adjust ur resolution there i think. gl
Thanks!!!!

Changing my native resolution to MUCH lower worked. On internet everything is blurry, but at least Dota plays perfectly.

RichardCoffee
Armored Tree

Postby RichardCoffee » Sat May 13, 2023 2:58 pm

asaras
Basic Tree

Postby asaras » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

According to legend, the Ghost of nuclearmushroom is said to still be there in that lobby, patiently awaiting the commencement of a game.

Return to “General Discussions”