most imba apem hero?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Tascar
Forest Walker

Re: most imba apem hero?

Postby Tascar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:45 am

NutzSucksHard wrote:Ghost Scepter, Eul's.. Anything that protect you from his attack save... Halberd, sheepstick. No need 'hero' need the stuff. Imagine PA dagger slow, blink on you, you get sheep, then halberd buff on you. If you were 5v1 with naix, you shouldn't stand. Still, pub stay pub level. :)

I agree that Naix is overpowered (see analysis below), but I'm not sure he deserves the title for most imba apem hero.

The problem with your suggestion is that ghost scepter, euls, halberd sheepstick are universal items that should help you against carries. The problem with naix is he doesn't need much to reach effectiveness (versus someone like AM, Face, etc.) and these items actually are not very effective against naix as opposed to another OP hero.

Worse yet, naix's inbuilt rage skill nullifies every single one of those options short of ghost scepter. Then comes the question of "is everyone supposed to get a ghost scepter" on your team to runaway (not stop) naix? That's not very cost efficient. Eventually you guys will have to stand and fight naix which is why it's not an effective long term strategy.

Naix needs a hard nerf, but I would not say he's the most imba apem hero, however he is too good overall. Naix scales way too well, and has too many natural perks. He's too good. He is a hard counter to tanks, and can hold his own against agility carries or at least does not have an outright terrible matchup against carries unlike other heroes. Because he's a strength hero coupled with his scaling leeching, he tanks extraordinarily well too, and cannot be burst down or stunned down with spells because of his enrage.

So you're left with a situation where he has no outright weaknesses and fights well at all stages of the game. Short of a super farmed phantom lancer, faceless void, pa, (maybe not even troll), there isn't really anyone who can reliably deal with a well played naix. Spectre has a negative matchup against Naix, sa is not particularly effective as well, and even meepo (if I give him credit per this thread) is ineffective because of how hard enrage shuts down meepo's dps. I can go on and on but that would defeat the purpose of this thread.

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:36 am

Again, yes, ghost scepter isn't an option for all mate, but for disabler weak hero. While being in ghost form, you can cast your stuff or wait enrage get off. Then cast your nuke/disable/stun etc.

He talk about a 5v1... You have five hero surrounding you, how can you stand, seriously. 5v2 ok, 5v1 not really. Reason is that they can focus all their stuff on only you, if they have an other hero to aim or to deal with, this can make them to split, lack disable on said naix, and then, allow him to pwn one by one the hero.

In the end, you need a distraction, like a SB charge when you infest him. Guys think you're alone so they come as two/three and BOOM, you mther fucking pwn them, bang bang, rage, slow, bang bang... a BANNNNNNNGGGG Ownage. Period. Naix is OP, but solo against five, there's to much option to pwn him, like any solo hero :/

Not the most imba, but he's overpower.

X-ATM092
Aura Tree

Postby X-ATM092 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 am

NutzSucksHard wrote:Ghost Scepter, Eul's.. Anything that protect you from his attack save... Halberd, sheepstick. No need 'hero' need the stuff. Imagine PA dagger slow, blink on you, you get sheep, then halberd buff on you. If you were 5v1 with naix, you shouldn't stand. Still, pub stay pub level. :)

heh, thats funny. there was a rhasta with ghost scepter, and euls, and scepter. I killed him in 4 hits... he had no time to eul's like i said in my post which you clearly did not read, they didn't suck, they just LITERALLY had no counter to my attacks.

Proving my point that Naix is OP

X-ATM092
Aura Tree

Postby X-ATM092 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:46 am

NutzSucksHard wrote:Again, yes, ghost scepter isn't an option for all mate, but for disabler weak hero. While being in ghost form, you can cast your stuff or wait enrage get off. Then cast your nuke/disable/stun etc.

He talk about a 5v1... You have five hero surrounding you, how can you stand, seriously. 5v2 ok, 5v1 not really. Reason is that they can focus all their stuff on only you, if they have an other hero to aim or to deal with, this can make them to split, lack disable on said naix, and then, allow him to pwn one by one the hero.

In the end, you need a distraction, like a SB charge when you infest him. Guys think you're alone so they come as two/three and BOOM, you mther fucking pwn them, bang bang, rage, slow, bang bang... a BANNNNNNNGGGG Ownage. Period. Naix is OP, but solo against five, there's to much option to pwn him, like any solo hero :/

I'll upload the replay, you clearly do not understand the power of a perfectly utilized N'aix..
It was me vs. a gyro, rhasta, Roof, Bara, and Drow. and I got a rampage.. and plenty of triple/double kills, meaning everytime i faced them, almost every strategy they threw at me failed, so they were forced to ignore me and push the throne, because i had no team to back me, i let them end it with no effort to defend. I died 8 times and got 39 kills, they were able to stop me, but only very few times.. 8 out of 39, clearly takes the lead for most OP

Aghnaar
Treant

Postby Aghnaar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 am

Even underfarmed troll can kill naix on pvp. Actually there's no hero in the game that can kill troll pvp with physical dmge. I usually pick troll to counter naix and it always works cause troll is practically the best permabasher in the game, with no bash cooldown like a cranium basher naix, let aside that he reaches max attack speed in no time.

dota4life
Armored Tree

Postby dota4life » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Tascar wrote:

I agree that Naix is overpowered (see analysis below), but I'm not sure he deserves the title for most imba apem hero.

The problem with your suggestion is that ghost scepter, euls, halberd sheepstick are universal items that should help you against carries. The problem with naix is he doesn't need much to reach effectiveness (versus someone like AM, Face, etc.) and these items actually are not very effective against naix as opposed to another OP hero.

Worse yet, naix's inbuilt rage skill nullifies every single one of those options short of ghost scepter. Then comes the question of "is everyone supposed to get a ghost scepter" on your team to runaway (not stop) naix? That's not very cost efficient. Eventually you guys will have to stand and fight naix which is why it's not an effective long term strategy.

Naix needs a hard nerf, but I would not say he's the most imba apem hero, however he is too good overall. Naix scales way too well, and has too many natural perks. He's too good. He is a hard counter to tanks, and can hold his own against agility carries or at least does not have an outright terrible matchup against carries unlike other heroes. Because he's a strength hero coupled with his scaling leeching, he tanks extraordinarily well too, and cannot be burst down or stunned down with spells because of his enrage.

So you're left with a situation where he has no outright weaknesses and fights well at all stages of the game. Short of a super farmed phantom lancer, faceless void, pa, (maybe not even troll), there isn't really anyone who can reliably deal with a well played naix. Spectre has a negative matchup against Naix, sa is not particularly effective as well, and even meepo (if I give him credit per this thread) is ineffective because of how hard enrage shuts down meepo's dps. I can go on and on but that would defeat the purpose of this thread.

Again. Countered by pl. what does naix do it a pl with say only are treads, vanguard, diffusal, and yasha when pl has only say four illusions to start with? Both are lvl 11 both same farm so I'm being generous. Also pl has lvl one dopple so lots of illusions
eat.sleep.dota.

GetPwnt.Com.
Armored Tree

Postby GetPwnt.Com. » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Arc Warden clearly.
ZombieVirusWeed(Chieftain of Clan OGx)

Tascar
Forest Walker

Postby Tascar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:53 pm

dota4life wrote:
Tascar wrote:

Again. Countered by pl. what does naix do it a pl with say only are treads, vanguard, diffusal, and yasha when pl has only say four illusions to start with? Both are lvl 11 both same farm so I'm being generous. Also pl has lvl one dopple so lots of illusions

Read carefully.

Tascar
Forest Walker

Postby Tascar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Aghnaar wrote:Even underfarmed troll can kill naix on pvp. Actually there's no hero in the game that can kill troll pvp with physical dmge. I usually pick troll to counter naix and it always works cause troll is practically the best permabasher in the game, with no bash cooldown like a cranium basher naix, let aside that he reaches max attack speed in no time.

Troll (especially underfarmed) is underwhelming in this matchup. Naix can run from Troll, but Troll can't always run from Naix. Troll axes stopped by enrage which make matters worse.

Faceless void is the best permabasher in the game, not troll by the way.

Aghnaar
Treant

Postby Aghnaar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 am

Trolls bash has a duration of 2 secs, the biggest in game. Also, void can't kill troll, i have seen it many times in my games.Void is for sure better hero that Warlord, cause he rapes teambattles with his ulti, but pvp just can't win this monster :mrgreen: http://youtu.be/YtPpAP334oY

thomas.kacz
Armored Tree

Postby thomas.kacz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:53 am

X-ATM092 wrote:
NutzSucksHard wrote:Again, yes, ghost scepter isn't an option for all mate, but for disabler weak hero. While being in ghost form, you can cast your stuff or wait enrage get off. Then cast your nuke/disable/stun etc.

I'll upload the replay, you clearly do not understand the power of a perfectly utilized N'aix..
It was me vs. a gyro, rhasta, Roof, Bara, and Drow. and I got a rampage.. and plenty of triple/double kills, meaning everytime i faced them, almost every strategy they threw at me failed, so they were forced to ignore me and push the throne, because i had no team to back me, i let them end it with no effort to defend. I died 8 times and got 39 kills, they were able to stop me, but only very few times.. 8 out of 39, clearly takes the lead for most OP

LOL?! they ignored you and pushed throne? what the fuck were you doing? why werent u defending? i mean you can take them on 5v1 RIGHT? why are you saying "i had no team to back me so i let them end"?
oh, cause you can't take them 5v1. they werent fucking ignoring you. ignoring you would mean you were right clicking them down and they still just focus down throne. You can't ignore something that isnt there to be ignored.

I am going to say this one last time to anyone posting this thread.
please go 30-0 in ent a-bal. (due to the restrictions on a-bal games you would have to play 10 normal games than 20 a-bal games).
If you succesfully do this, as mittlebittles geo has been doing than OK. you've proven your point. Geo is not the most imba apem a-bal hero.
stop this theory crafting and actually go back your opinion up. show me data. just like any good scientific theory you need proof and evidence.

thomas.kacz
Armored Tree

Postby thomas.kacz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 am

Aghnaar wrote:Trolls bash has a duration of 2 secs, the biggest in game. Also, void can't kill troll, i have seen it many times in my games.Void is for sure better hero that Warlord, cause he rapes teambattles with his ulti, but pvp just can't win this monster :mrgreen: http://youtu.be/YtPpAP334oY

why did u give void boots of travel? that adds 0 dps.
you want 1v1? replace boots of travel with rapier. end of story. Why do u need any movement speed in 1v1 head to head clash?
and why the hell did u give void a satanic. who needs any lifesteal in a 1v1 head to head clash when your ult stuns for 5 seconds?
Go re upload that video with the void having actual GOOD damage/attack speed items. not items that give movement speed, armour, evasion, lifesteal. Void can kill any 1 hero if he can hit for 5 seconds (his ult duration) with a half decent item set.

Tascar
Forest Walker

Postby Tascar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 am

Troll's 10% bash for 2 seconds is << Void's 25% bash for 1 second. Troll cannot run from Void, but Void can run from Troll.

Troll can never stop backtrack from functioning.

I hope you are kidding that you think troll can solo void. Void IS the best 1v1 hero in the game when it comes to endgame battles.

To thomas.kacz, I am saying that even IF we suppose geo is the best apem pub stomper in the game, so what? Doesn't work in real play or against decent players.

thomas.kacz
Armored Tree

Postby thomas.kacz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 am

oh btw, when i first started this thread, i think mittlebittle was around 1300 elo. Now he is in the top 7 highest elo players with 2322 elo. 133 wins/6 losses. has the highest kdr in the top 20 (adventureclubs stats are rigged since he fountain farmed back when ENT had only scrubby players and had no FF option). my evidence is getting stronger while u guys are still just pulling random shit out your asses with this "naix is op" "pl is op"

so the next person that suggest to me that "naix is op" "pl is op", please go do what mittlebittle has done. Should be easy cause ur using an "op hero". Let's see you guys climb to 2000 elo through nothing but a-bal games.

If naix was so op or pl was so imba, than elo hungry players would be flocking a-bal games with it. and they should be able to successfully reel in the 15 elo if that hero really was imba. Clearly a naix or PL is not enough to carry 4 scrubby team mates. The proof is in all the other top players game history. none of them have apem a-bal games. they know one hero can not carry 4 bad players.

p.s- I know apem a-bal doesnt mean anything compared to real cm or ap with pros.
mittlebittle is a very good player but I can confidently say that I have seen better players in many inhouse games.
however mittlebittle probably has loads of other characters that would play very well in a high level inhouse.

my point is mittlebittle would not be a top 7 highest elo player with out geo. because geo is imba in a disorganized pub.
and it would sort of make me feel weird to see him beat the other top ranked players in elo when I think that some of those players are much better/smarter in DotA.
so tascar, it isnt really "so what? doesnt work in real play" because clan ENT stats dont show that. They just show kdr, win loss, creep stats and elo.
there is no rating given to players that played the smartest DotA that closely simulates real pro play. cause if there was, i would be ranked first. obviously.

Tascar
Forest Walker

Postby Tascar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 am

Anyone with self respect and self confidence in Dota cares much much less about the ELO of a player and rather about the abilities of said player.

The ELO concept in clan ent is already broken. There are so many artificially high elos floating around from smurfing, 5 man stomp teams, etc.

With the game unregulated and 10 years old as it is, it really doesn't matter how high your ELO is. Are you really going to impress anyone? When it comes time to prove your abilities in a real matchup and you fizzle out it'll just be what I've said it always was: a big waste of time.

Can you imagine not getting paid to play, and playing the same hero like 100+ times over and over and over and over? I'd be bored to death, especially against pubs.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”