DotA 6.85ne

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Tufuuu
Resource Storage

Re: DotA 6.85ne

Postby Tufuuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am

Sup,

I uploaded a new version (ne11) on epicwar: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296280/

It deals with Invoker crashing the game (in the latest patches 1.3x) and I added a -share command which also works with brown now. (The F11 method is bugged in all maps since patch 1.29). There are also some other minor bugfixes.

PrincessIce
Aura Tree

Postby PrincessIce » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:44 pm

I played it yesterday. If we considering and voting for ne10, might as well go with ne11 instead

Tufuuu
Resource Storage

Postby Tufuuu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02 am

Hey once more,

I uploaded ne12 now on epicwar.com. This update contains the long anticipated -skin command which lets you change your hero model. The new model for Ember needed to be removed caused of some issues (might be added back in future versions). The old Necro model uses the new animations for his spells cause of the same issues (but still looks decent immo and you can -skin to get the new model as well). All other heroes /spells are completely restored. Moreover I decided to add a balance change after a long time (since ne2) on popular demand:
- Arc Warden's Clone can no longer carry Divine Rapier nor Gem
This change was also applied in the 6.88 map and it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

You can download the new map here: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/296498/
I tested 4-5 games on Bnet and it seems to work fine (No crashes / bugs)

There are still 2 bugs I'd like to fix which are most likely caused by the new Blizzard patch (like the bara and Invo crash) These bugs also occurr on Draco's original map, so it's unlikely I caused them.... One is very critical (causes crashes), but luckily is a bit random. The other one causes a spell to malfunction (also very random). There are also some other minor bugs (not caused by Blizzard), which are mostly visual bugs and dont affect the game much. I'll try to fix 'em all, but at a slow pace.
If you decide to upload this map on your ENT servers it might be that you won't have these issue because you play on an older patch.

As you all know I am currently developing this for free. If you wanna support me there is one great way to do this:
Tell all people to clear their Documents/WarcraftIII/Maps folder from DotA maps and to download the maps from the links I provided above (ne10, ne11 and ne12). There are some nasty cheaters around who add cheats to my maps and people have hundreds of dota maps like "Dota 6.85ne11~5" etc.
It is not recommended to download a map in Bnet from a host that you don't know / trust. I think the fbg guys also have a download link on their website somewhere (not sure though xd)

Finally go download and test the ne12 map. It was a lot of work for and as I said it seems to work quite good. Yet I'd rather call this version experimental, if you encounter any bugs/exploits regarding the -skin commmand please let me know.

Have fun & happy gaming.
These users thanked the author Tufuuu for the post (total 2):
Hyo (Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 pm) • Merex (Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 pm)

Hyo
Basic Tree

Postby Hyo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Tufuuu wrote: I think the fbg guys also have a download link on their website somewhere (not sure though xd).

Heya, and yes :) https://firstbloodgaming.com/forums/topic/dota-map/

Thanks for still developing and fixing the map!

Tufuuu
Resource Storage

Postby Tufuuu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks for the link ;)

In case someone cares: I managed to fix 1 of the horrible bugs (In rare cases (5-10%) Dragon Knight's Firebreath didnt deal damage nor the animation was shown but the spell was set on full cooldown and mana was used). If you find any critical bugs in ne12 (e.g. Is clockwerk still crashing the game sometimes?), let me know.
I can't promise that I can solve everything because finding the causes of these bugs is very tedious. I also asked 2-3 times on HIVE but usually I don't get any help, so I have to solve everything on my own... But I try my best.
I played a few games on ne12 and for my part I didn't notice anything serious.
I plan to add the "full" old necro back (with its old animations) and I try to fix some of the minor bugs as well. If no other big issues are reported I will release something like "ne12a" indicating that there are no big changes done other than some few adjustments.

Cheers
These users thanked the author Tufuuu for the post (total 2):
Hyo (Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 am) • Astros (Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am)

Astros
Plague Treant

Postby Astros » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:40 am

Tufuuu wrote:Thanks for the link ;)

In case someone cares: I managed to fix 1 of the horrible bugs (In rare cases (5-10%) Dragon Knight's Firebreath didnt deal damage nor the animation was shown but the spell was set on full cooldown and mana was used). If you find any critical bugs in ne12 (e.g. Is clockwerk still crashing the game sometimes?), let me know.
I can't promise that I can solve everything because finding the causes of these bugs is very tedious. I also asked 2-3 times on HIVE but usually I don't get any help, so I have to solve everything on my own... But I try my best.
I played a few games on ne12 and for my part I didn't notice anything serious.
I plan to add the "full" old necro back (with its old animations) and I try to fix some of the minor bugs as well. If no other big issues are reported I will release something like "ne12a" indicating that there are no big changes done other than some few adjustments.

Cheers

Nice work, buddy. It means a lot to see people still putting effort into DotA 1 maps.
DotA 1 Discord - All Players Welcomed! https://discord.gg/6jbCdzq
DotA 1 In-House League Discord - https://discordapp.com/invite/MudFGsP

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”