Songoku MH is back

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Re: Songoku MH is back

Postby halo_mauler » Sun May 12, 2024 9:40 pm

RichardCoffee wrote:
halo_mauler wrote:New mod will be off vacation on the 15th please post any more suspicious activity. Please link me to where he admitted to mh also. Havent been checkinng for dodgers was assuming that was being taken care of he didn't just start playing again played 100s of games in march april and may didnt look any further but im sure hes been dodging for quite sometime

Why would anyone give more suspicious timestamps if you can't even judge the tree one accurately?

You said the tree one was "normal" while the 2nd opinion characterized it as totally normal and just "slightly" suspicious. Dumpster, astros, and edge all explained why this is false and not a normal play at all.

That proved that anyone giving more timestamps is just a waste of time until you clarify what standards you have for mh and judging anything. (Otherwise, I would give more valid timestamps). You keep repeating the same inane things of no substance over and over but are not actually listening to anyone or addressing what was actually in the replay. Also, again what reason is there to have the 2nd opinion be anonymous? This whole discussion is so frustrating. You write for the sake of writing, not getting to the bottom of anything.

You didnt read again.
New mod will be here in a few days
I wont ban on 1 act of suspicious behavior

RichardCoffee
Forest Walker

Postby RichardCoffee » Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 pm

think im done with ent

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 pm

i am just filling in i dont want to deal with dota just trying to help until the new mod is back from vacation

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Wed May 15, 2024 3:28 pm

We got Joe Biden as a moderator?
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Well if they make mikejones a dota mod, at least it'll finally kill the server and I can stop coming back every few months :lol: :lol:
He's probably the least trustworthy person on the entire server

Snells
Aura Tree

Postby Snells » Wed May 15, 2024 10:30 pm

Astros wrote: My assumption is the person who wrote the 2nd opinion is the one likely given an opportunity to become a moderator. I would vote NO based on that answer. You need Frank/Saint123 or else it's a wrap.

I don't think I would even if I had the time.

agreements2
Basic Tree

Postby agreements2 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:22 am

eoc should just get back to the mod pos :d

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:03 pm

I'd never want to do it again, and they certainly wouldn't let me anyways after I called them out :lol:

For anyone not in the know of things that happened ~6-8 years ago, there was a hate campaign against xSAINTx, the top player at the time, from the moderation team, in which they would ban him for things that were technically against the rules, but they never would ban anyone else for. They made up new rules for him and banned him for those new rules as well (search: slap abuse). And they would let the entire server antagonize and troll him as much as possible without doing anything about it. I didn't like xSAINTx much at first but ended up supporting him since it was extremely unfair. I don't appreciate seeing everyone gang up on someone just because he picks meepo and is a bit on the angry side.

There was also someone on ENT who was throwing hundreds of games to attempt to get the lowest ELO possible, and not only did they not ban him but moderators were supporting him by banning people who ruined his loss streak (if the enemy team all decided to FF to give him a win. search: ff abuse). Myself and several other people who either left in disgust at the corruption or got banned for talking about it, were talking about it constantly, quoting their posts in our signatures, etc. and the moderation team was very unhappy about it. This is also the time when ENT lost 95% of its playerbase.

I even earned the award of "Most Disappointing Ex-Moderator" for it. A title I hold with pride, as it was awarded by someone who was able to worm their way into the moderation team and took part in the destruction of the server after arty's departure.

This is where the amazing quote came from:
Rule breaking is against ENT Gaming rules.

As for how iambackk/ifck is going to do, I guess I'll wait to see how he handles people like Hooch. People like that are challenging players for mods because they're trolls/ruiners, but also spam a ton of ban requests for the decent players on the server as well as some legitimate ban requests. Someone like that will walk all over you the moment they sense a weak moderator, if you don't come down on them hard and put a stop to it.

I think he likely still MHs, but it wouldn't even be the first time or the second time we have an MHing moderator, that's actually not such a big deal imo. We've actually had a moderator give himself a one year ban for MHing before too.

plzbanruiners
Forest Walker

Postby plzbanruiners » Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

hooch already left on his own. he was upset i didnt get banned, therefore he ruined one last game and bid farewell. Farewell @hooch.

Also i feel like songoku has stopped mhing maybe very recently and after the game above. To all ex/current/future MHers. MH ruins the game not only for others but more so for yourself. You are depriving yourself from the beauty of dota and all the strategies that go into playing this game.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Thu May 16, 2024 11:06 pm

SonGoku has NOT stopped maphacking. The silencer cutting trees is pretty obvious maphack. You can actually see in the video how ember was going to go to one area of the tree to hide and SonGoku was about to chop those trees but as soon as ember changed his mind and went to another area, SonGoku backed off and changed directions to cut the other path of trees towards him.

https://youtu.be/zBgpWcnP_Mc?t=70

There's also this game:

http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 209998.w3g

Where he ran away in the middle of clearing a jungle camp with no vision because a gank was coming.

Plus he's ban dodging so I highly doubt he has any integrity whatsoever.

(06:09 / Allied) ICENFIRE: \
(06:16 / Allied) Lolhos: omni
(06:17 / Allied) ICENFIRE: yes i m banned but still playing lol
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Fri May 17, 2024 1:13 am

Like I said he has been dodging for months you knew he was playing why did you allow it?
If you have more evidence of post it
here is what unitil said about another case maybe this will help
Re: MH no_rules
Postby Unitil » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:00 pm

Denied as we do not ban for MH based on a single timestamp.

We will generally review for maphack if we are provided fog clicks or multiple timestamps are provided within a single game that describe why you believe it is suspicious. We will not review an entire game to prove someone is using a maphack.

Feel free to review the game again if you believe there are other instances that may be suspicious.

I have locked this topic due to the commentary that was not helpful to the topic.

Processing

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:51 am

plzbanruiners wrote:hooch already left on his own. he was upset i didnt get banned, therefore he ruined one last game and bid farewell. Farewell @hooch.

Oh he'll be back.

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Postby halo_mauler » Fri May 17, 2024 3:04 am

Yes spoke to unitil about papi, there is no history of multiple ruins in the ban panel
And for ruining bans are normally 5 days increasing by 1.5x for each offence within 90 days
Because of the lack of history and guidelines he was unbanned

Jazzy3113
Treant

Postby Jazzy3113 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 am

EdteOfChaos2 wrote:I'd never want to do it again, and they certainly wouldn't let me anyways after I called them out :lol:

For anyone not in the know of things that happened ~6-8 years ago, there was a hate campaign against xSAINTx, the top player at the time, from the moderation team, in which they would ban him for things that were technically against the rules, but they never would ban anyone else for. They made up new rules for him and banned him for those new rules as well (search: slap abuse). And they would let the entire server antagonize and troll him as much as possible without doing anything about it. I didn't like xSAINTx much at first but ended up supporting him since it was extremely unfair. I don't appreciate seeing everyone gang up on someone just because he picks meepo and is a bit on the angry side.

There was also someone on ENT who was throwing hundreds of games to attempt to get the lowest ELO possible, and not only did they not ban him but moderators were supporting him by banning people who ruined his loss streak (if the enemy team all decided to FF to give him a win. search: ff abuse). Myself and several other people who either left in disgust at the corruption or got banned for talking about it, were talking about it constantly, quoting their posts in our signatures, etc. and the moderation team was very unhappy about it. This is also the time when ENT lost 95% of its playerbase.

I even earned the award of "Most Disappointing Ex-Moderator" for it. A title I hold with pride, as it was awarded by someone who was able to worm their way into the moderation team and took part in the destruction of the server after arty's departure.

This is where the amazing quote came from:
Rule breaking is against ENT Gaming rules.

As for how iambackk/ifck is going to do, I guess I'll wait to see how he handles people like Hooch. People like that are challenging players for mods because they're trolls/ruiners, but also spam a ton of ban requests for the decent players on the server as well as some legitimate ban requests. Someone like that will walk all over you the moment they sense a weak moderator, if you don't come down on them hard and put a stop to it.

I think he likely still MHs, but it wouldn't even be the first time or the second time we have an MHing moderator, that's actually not such a big deal imo. We've actually had a moderator give himself a one year ban for MHing before too.

What ended up happening to all those mods? After they killed the player base did they all just drop away from ent?

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 pm

Yeah, most of them haven't been online in years at this point.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”