How to actually calculate how much a person stacks

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
BiLyA
Treant

Re: How to actually calculate how much a person stacks

Postby BiLyA » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Pls help me find out if turks@server.eurobattle.net stacks because im not quite sure https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/turks/
26-16 and 998 elo, does this function work for negative numbers? Kappa
https://youtu.be/jYFefppqEtE Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot 8-)

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:26 pm

divinerape wrote:ELO (rank): 1622.93 (100)
Games: 605 W/L: 388/217 (64.13%)

w=388
l=217
e=622.93

L=(30(388)-622.93)/(388+217)
11640-622.93/605
11017.07/605
L=11.79
So this user plays on average 11.79/18.21

Is my math correct boss?

Besides that 11017/605 = 18.21 so L=18.21, W=11.79, yes.

@bilya
w=26
l=16
e=-2
L=(30(26)-(-2))/(26+16) = 18.6

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:49 pm

i don't understand why, they just can't give us a 1200+ elo bot for apem and also have the regular apem bot... i mean seriously.....we need some type of competitive dota bot or something. regular apem is just bad so many bad player it makes it's frustrating...i go on average 20+ kill and like 5-10 deaths a game and can't win games. then you have your meapo players which is hard to play vs with all the newb who dont understand how to beat a meapo player....on top of your stackers and throwers like we just need something better for the dota community period. and i dont understand how the player base is what not allowing ent to give us this... when we have pretty good amount of dota players. it's easier to play dota late at night then any other games that ent hosts including legion. and even the legion 1200 bot don't fill that often and it has times in the day where it don't have games at all. but they still have it. i'm starting to think since the admins of ent arent real big dota fan/players they don't care which isn't fair for us who do.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:32 pm

@Dota-Reaper
Plese dont throw the words "competitive dota" so casually around here. Those days are long, long gone and you'll never get a competitive game ever again in these bots or wc3 in general. All the good players have left in masses since Dota 2 came out and have continued to do so for years now. Your also not doing yourself any favours by saying that 1200 elo is gona make the games somehow better since thats a terrible benchmark, and elo itself is a terrible rating system for games like DotA. Heres my suggestion if u want slightly better games. Dont allow eu players to play us/ca games and vise versa. The ping difference alone i believe would make for better games on both ends. Maybe games will fill half as slow as a result therefore im not sure if its worth the trade.

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 pm

@frank idk about you but i like wc3 dota that is why i never started playing dota2 and i try hard in every game i play. that to me is competitive so i can throw that out there as much as i want. because there's alot of player who want to win. if not people wouldn't stack teams or play with friends period. they would just join games and play. and i know alot of player went to dota 2. i played with all of them before dota 2 came out, in clan dxd before sYn, dota-cash, thr, and now ent. and the lvl of play that ent is allowing is just crazy to me because i don't see a effort from them to even try and fix it or help the players who been requesting and complaining about certain issues regarding dota period. but they so quick to ban players and discipline players but not helping in no other areas. and you telling me not to throw competitive out there like that is wrong. that's like telling a college football or basketball player don't compete all the good players are playing nfl now.

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:50 pm

ENT has done 1200+ bots before, but they never worked. People just didn't play them.

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:04 pm

EdgeOfChaos wrote:ENT has done 1200+ bots before, but they never worked. People just didn't play them.

i think if you guys were to try again it would work. because of how bad things have gotten from that point to now. @edgeofchaos

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:54 pm

It's the players' choice how the game play trends. There is no point that ent intervenes to force players to play in a way that you think is right. Fact is, a lot of players play dota 1 just because it's less competitive to release some stress after whole day of work.
GOTEM

Dota-Reaper
Armored Tree

Postby Dota-Reaper » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 am

Burnt wrote:It's the players' choice how the game play trends. There is no point that ent intervenes to force players to play in a way that you think is right. Fact is, a lot of players play dota 1 just because it's less competitive to release some stress after whole day of work.

no one being forced to do anything lol?? they will still have the option to join regular apem game.. and if what you're sayign is fact why are we having so many topics about these type of stuff?? for example there has been several topics about auto balance games, 1200+ elo bots, and now how to calculate how much a player stacks.. just to name a few. i think giving us the option to join a higher elo bot will solve alot of them issues. because people with certain amount of elo will know how to defend and play vs meepo as a team and stacking won't affect the game as much due to everyone will have some type of common sense. there will still be the usual bad players but it won't be as bad as a 500 elo player or 700-800 elo players. not to mention it will minimize all the new accounts that people make to snipe high elo player like how i do. @Burnt

suckmyclick
Armored Tree

Postby suckmyclick » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:28 am

im approx 1900 elo, i join games, go on my phone and after game starts people call me a stacker cuz my side always has more elo (with very few exceptions). I just ignore them. I play for fun and not elo. When i care to, i dont go in depth with all this math, because there wont be enough time to do this sort of math with every player in the game. Since im lazy, i sometimes check this way: 50 wins and 40 losses. If you have 10 more wins than losses, a perfectly even 15/15 spread would mean you would have 10(wins over losses) multiplied by 15(if you play 15/15 games) and would be 1150 elo. If i notice your higher than 1150, than you play disadvantaged games and vice versa.

But being 1900 elo, i understand the higher elo you become, the tendency to play more "advantaged" games increases. I used to be in the 2k elo range for a while too, and that messes up all the math anyways since u only gain a partial amount of the elo won in a game. if ur curious, my name is bnet account is "Rebelution."

all in all, just play to have fun. thats all

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:37 pm

@EdgeOfChaos can you pls help me calculate w/l for this guy?

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/player/Scam/

realm is asia, 41/18 (69.49%), elo 979.15 (4009)
GOTEM

EdgeOfChaos

Postby EdgeOfChaos » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:35 pm

e=-20.85
w=41
l=18

L=(30w-e)/(w+l)
L=30(41)-(-20.85))/(41+18)
=21.2

Plays for 8.8/21.2 on average

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:51 pm

KingNothing2099
Armored Tree

Postby KingNothing2099 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

heres the real simple way to calculate stackers, if the pussies are willing to play for any amount under 5elo and they refuse to use the auto balance and or phsically move their name to the other team to balance the sides out thier nothing but a piece of sorry ass no skill game ruining stacking loser

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 pm

^ Someone just lost a game

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”