Why Is Everyone So Whiny & Ungrateful?!

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
andro
Aura Tree

Why Is Everyone So Whiny & Ungrateful?!

Postby andro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:02 am

OK so I took a long break from dota, just started playing again this year.
And let me say, I am amazed and excited they there is still an active bot (ent) where I can regularly play Dota 1.
But after a while, I've see so many whiny people talking about leavers/stackers/ruiners in game and on here.
And I have to ask myself;
why does it seem like everyone is so ungrateful sometimes?
I mean, those are issues we have been facing in dota since the beginning and it's always caused problems.
And NOT just in Dota!!! On basically every online game...
Sure they're are less people playing these days and so it is easily noticeable, but, in my opinion even back in the day if you were playing PUB games there were easily a couple feeders and/or leavers just about every game, without fail.
Alas, there is a reason you all stick around and put up with it, me included. And that is the fact that nothing comes close to Dota 1 in many's opinions.
As long as BNET is supported I believe there will be people playing Dota.
To be honest, I think it's incredible this game is still prevalent all these years later.

I guess I'm really just curious, do you think the % of ruined games is greater than times past or is it just more perceivable because there are less people on the bot???
At least now there is votekick,draw,ff,ignore---all features I would have killed for a long time ago.
Sorry for ranting, just curious on others' perspectives,
THANKS ENT FOR HOSTING DOTA 1

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Re: Why Is Everyone So Whiny & Ungrateful?!

Postby greenmtn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:07 pm

I agree that there are still leavers, noobs, stacks, smurfs, glitch abuses, etc. It hasn't really changed much in frequency.

It used to be that a single person would host a game, then in 2004-2005 people started to have bots host games and eventually people from USWest and USEast could play together.

While the player base is smaller, I think it's actually kind of neat because you can more easily remember players you've played with. I'll occasionally have the same person in my game that I just played with, or I'll recognize them from a few games ago. I can also more easily recognize game ruiners as well.

I like Dota1 still more so than Dota2; mainly because games are still filling up and they're shorter. 6.83d games can end most times in <40 mins 6.83k games tend to be 40-60 mins on Dota-Void. http://www.dota-void.com/player.php?pla ... tn&realm=e

Dota 2 games I find are typically >60 minutes and take 3-5 minutes to fill in the 3k-8k mmr brackets.

jiri hutecka
Resource Storage

Postby jiri hutecka » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:39 am

For me I don't have a problem with "noobs" I have a problem with attitude of players. Meaning everybody is playing for stats and not for team play, fun and winning the game as a team and have a fun.. What is even more sad is that especially good players are really arrogant and they play most of the games for their kills. They do not give a fuck about team or winning the game.. I'm not a good player in NET standards. I come from lan playing with really funny old school group of people and it was amazing and enjoyable time. Insane rivalry between the teams and nothing was more importatnt than win not just stupid ratio kill/death.. I understand that on the internet is a lot of noobs and game ruiners who doesn't care about dota etc.. But like I said what I really dont like is attitude even top guys.. What is also sad is that I become also arogant and selfish player in that environment and I really do not want to be like that..

heil DOTA!

MakeItRain
Resource Storage

Postby MakeItRain » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 am

greenmtn wrote:I agree that there are still leavers, noobs, stacks, smurfs, glitch abuses, etc. It hasn't really changed much in frequency.

It used to be that a single person would host a game, then in 2004-2005 people started to have bots host games and eventually people from USWest and USEast could play together.

While the player base is smaller, I think it's actually kind of neat because you can more easily remember players you've played with. I'll occasionally have the same person in my game that I just played with, or I'll recognize them from a few games ago. I can also more easily recognize game ruiners as well.

I like Dota1 still more so than Dota2; mainly because games are still filling up and they're shorter. 6.83d games can end most times in <40 mins 6.83k games tend to be 40-60 mins on Dota-Void. http://www.dota-void.com/player.php?pla ... tn&realm=e

Dota 2 games I find are typically >60 minutes and take 3-5 minutes to fill in the 3k-8k mmr brackets.

You don't play dota 2. Period.
Average games are 40 minutes. 60 minutes is bullshit, you are either in the shitty 2k bracket or the people you play with are extremely bad to always have 60 + minutes games.
5k mmr and above games are filled within 5-10 minutes during the peak hours.
4k mmr and under games are filled within 5 minutes during the peak hours. Around 80-90 percent of the players in dota 2 are under 4k hence it is easier to find games with less wait time.
if you are trying to find a game at 3:00am, its gonna take longer obviously. timing is important.
i don't think you are over 4k mmr tbh. probably around 3200 am i right?
These users thanked the author MakeItRain for the post:
greenmtn (Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm)
I guess size ain't everything, eh? Eh!? Ha ha ha AWW IT IS.
7 and a half cut in circumference and 6' 9"

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 am

HAhah! I love this OP! Welcome to Dota! :lol:

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”