ban for 3 days for afk

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
jiri hutecka
Resource Storage

ban for 3 days for afk

Postby jiri hutecka » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:26 pm

"Viper respawns at min 32 and goes afk behind fountain until game end.
dotanoob banned 3 days."

LOL what a nonsense. This is absolutely normal for almost all players. including players with high ELO. Lost game = they stop playing and go behind the fontane.. So I should report basically every game I play like 10 players every day LOL. :evil:

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: ban for 3 days for afk

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Yes you should report players. I report a lot of players myself and there are a lot of players I dont report. Depends on my mood I guess.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:47 am

It is unfair to the opposite (winning) team to refuse playing on. You join the game to play and not to stump and win it. Therefore, it is just natural that ENT bans refusing to play.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

KingNothing2099
Armored Tree

Postby KingNothing2099 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:51 am

and yet for every post i make about some game throwing/ game ruining piece of shit you admins just ignore it and side with the high elo team stacking losers

RadiantCrystal
Protector of Nature

Postby RadiantCrystal » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 am

@KingNothing2099 that is untrue, we decline the request only when we found the reported actions do not constitute to the definition or the effect of game ruining. If the reported actions resulted in game ruining effects or behaviours, then a ban will be stated in accordance to the severity.
(09:54:07) Jabba41: Hello RadiantCrystal. I'm so glad you became an Admin here because green is the color of hope and whenever your presence brightens up my life i cant thank you enough to know such a person like you. [KING NOW GIVE KISSES]
Spoiler!
ChatBot: aRt)Y has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:53 am

I was just thinking about this the other day. Truth is there are a lot of things that goes on in DOTA these days that if we report them all, the ban request forum would be more flooded than it is today. This is why I rarely report anyone b/c I'm just giving both the player a break, the mods a break, and kind of accepted it as the DOTA culture. I posted my 1st ban request in like 2-3 years last week only because the people involved were unreasonable even by DOTA culture standards. But I'm wondering perhaps it is because we, players, have become so accustomed to these things that we unintentionally enabled them.

For example, there has been a lot more votekick abuse and pausing the game in many games I've played. I've never reported them because most of the time they were not on my team. I also believe the person targeted for the abuse should be the one who decides whether to report it or not. I never report excessive flamming either, I just use the ignore command.

But concerning your post. Yes, there has been many many many times when the outcome of the game is more or less decided and some players would say, "Ok, me afk at fountain," and they would remain afk at fountain until game finish. Most of those games end shortly, so I'd never bother to report them and I'm not terribly upset with them either because it wouldn't have changed the outcome anyways. However, according to the rules, they are bannable. There has been a few times players decided to afk but the game prolonged. These players eventually get kicked with the -kickafk command and I believe they get the regular leaver's ban. However, those players should be reported for a longer ban.

So I guess the only conclusion is that if you feel the outcome of the game is decided, ff the game. If you want to afk at fountain for the duration of the game, then you are taking the risk of being reported. If someone reports you, just take responsibility for it. Frankly, I don't see the point of afking at the end unless you have to go pee really bad. Just stay until it is done.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”