Buying tangoes and having allies sell them

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: Buying tangoes and having allies sell them

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

At this point it is best to build a second hero. I have shown some people how to do this and it will take about 10 k gold. The cool thing is if you die you can still play with your second hero. Your second hero should basically carry all auras and support items.

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Frank wrote:It should just be allowed tho. consider it like the moonshard of dota 1. only comes into play late game and everyone can do it if they know about it, and you should be rewarded for knowing it just like everything else. its not a gamebreaking bug by any stretch of the imagination. being 6 slotted plus spell block is not ruining the game just adapt and play around it. seeing as how the game is not going to ever get updated people are naturally going to figure out ways to "abuse" the mechanics of the game so you should let people adapt and play around it. You could technically also ban people for spamming "s" on spirit breaker to get more bashes between attacks since it procs the bash chance at the front swing not when the hit lands. Oops did I reveal another bug? maybe you should start banning people for it, or better yet ban them for picking the hero. While youre at it ban slark meepo arc warden since theyre clearly not balanced. ( /s)

You forgot PA and her crit attack with the "s" stop :P

I knew I wasn't the only one who had done it Frank! Why not just switch to 6.84k? It doesn't have the linkens glitch anymore.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 am

Frank wrote:You could technically also ban people for spamming "s" on spirit breaker to get more bashes between attacks since it procs the bash chance at the front swing not when the hit lands. Oops did I reveal another bug? maybe you should start banning people for it, or better yet ban them for picking the hero. While youre at it ban slark meepo arc warden since theyre clearly not balanced. ( /s)

You can't just "lump" everything together. It is like saying, "Everyone jay walks, so we should permit murder."

Pressing the "S" button, in theory works for "every hero." It is just more apparent with SB and PA b/c of their native crit/bash. However, this technique is also very stupid as if you do not time it correctly, it can actually end up "stopping" your attack and your hero just stands here getting beat up. Also, it doesn't actually in theory increase the % of the bash or crit. It is like that whole getting "mom" for jug so he can get "mini-slashes." I have never seen those techniques benefit the player one bit.

You want more crit for PA? Get a buriza with its 24% crit in addition to her 15% crit. No, it doesn't "stack," it overlaps, meaning when both hits, the higher damage will override the lower damage. Same concept for any bash hero, get a basher. Well, not entirely sure it works for SB, need to know the actual mechanics. Want more attacks to get more chances of %? Get IAS items, then you don't have to worry about spamming "S" through the whole fight.

Meepo/Arc... why not LC? That's a balancing issue, not a glitch issue. It is like apples and oranges. I hate playing against a pro geo/arc/lc too, but in all honesty, they have been around long enough and can be easily countered. I always go Wyvern when a geo is in the game. Wyvern's ult will own any geo of any skill level all the way to the late game and geo can do nothing to counter it. He is the best counter, better than ES and Axe who will lose steam mid game against geo. ES and Axe can still both counter geo late game, but most people don't build them correctly. They go tank build and geo just eats them alive, you have to go DPS. People laugh at me and try to get me kicked b/c I won't go scepter with ES. Enchanted Totem with battlefury, crit, and a lot of damage... does +1000 or even 2000 if done correctly. That's how you handle a geo with ES, and there's nothing he can do about it b/c a pipe won't protect him from the dps of the totem. Of course, if geo survives this ES onslaught, he will kill the ES, which is where your teammates must come in.

Yes, those 3 heroes are still OP and in most games they're going to rack up easy kills early and get big quick b/c most players just don't know what to do. But if more people simply think about countering more and teach other players, those 3 heroes become a little smaller. ;)

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:26 am

nitromon wrote: Pressing the "S" button, in theory works for "every hero." It is just more apparent with SB and PA b/c of their native crit/bash. However, this technique is also very stupid as if you do not time it correctly, it can actually end up "stopping" your attack and your hero just stands here getting beat up. Also, it doesn't actually in theory increase the % of the bash or crit. It is like that whole getting "mom" for jug so he can get "mini-slashes." I have never seen those techniques benefit the player one bit.

You want more crit for PA? Get a buriza with its 24% crit in addition to her 15% crit. No, it doesn't "stack," it overlaps, meaning when both hits, the higher damage will override the lower damage. Same concept for any bash hero, get a basher. Well, not entirely sure it works for SB, need to know the actual mechanics. Want more attacks to get more chances of %? Get IAS items, then you don't have to worry about spamming "S" through the whole fight.

It doesn't seem that you understand how pseudo random works, but I'll be nice and educate a pleb today. Every time your attack doesn't land a crit or a bash, your next hit has an increased % chance to land. Since your BAT(base attack time) includes your front swing, when the hit lands, and backswing on each attack this mechanic is clearly abusive. In dota 2 this is fixed but in dota 1 you roll a chance on % skill on the front swing of each attack. This is not intended but im assuming difficult to code on wc3 engine. Now everyhero has a set BAT usually 1.7 with a few exceptions. The only way you change it is through attack speed items or agility. Now since most hereos early game have low attack speed/ agility this is where spamming "S" on a hero like bara is abusive. The front swing is a lower number than BAT by default. Therefore more chances at bashing if u spam s. This is primarily relevant early game where you dont have 2 many attackspeed items/ agility. In dota 2 this is fixed where the proc chance rolls when the attack lands. People get around it though by hitting creeps 4-5times without bashing to guarantee a bash when they charge, but thats skill and understanding game mechanics not abusing it. On PA this is not 2 relevant since ur blink strike gives u tons of attack speed, but i still do see players in dota 2 priming their attacks on creeps b4 engaging on ganks early game.
These users thanked the author Frank for the post:
greenmtn (Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:36 pm)

greenmtn
Forest Walker

Postby greenmtn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Sooo...

Plebeians as Frank likes to refer to you, what other glitches are we exploiting that go undetected? :P

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:43 pm

To be honest, I have played some long games and I am able to farm enough to have a bloodstone, AC, shiva, Drums, etc. on a cour. Hell I have even made rad birds with Dagons for shits and giggles. Dagons on birds are separate cds so you could easily have an army of dagon birds wiping out heroes. Sharks with freaking laser beams on their heads man.

It all depends on how good your micro is. These birds become nearly impossible to kill because they cannot be targeted with spells, they can only be attacked. Sooooo throw AC and shivas and you get enough armor to absorb most of the physical damage. Or why not have birds with dust or sentries? A bird with bloodstone can easily cast as many sentries or dust as needed.

I am not sure if this is a glitch or not as the cour is attacking no different than syllabears pet :P

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Belive that riki blinkstrike is the only spell that can target bird, i've seen it a few times.

And I think dracolich map prevents mana to regenerate on crow so you can't dagon or book with it, so it could be a bug on this and previous maps. as dagon on bird is an old trick
Last edited by Dhamma on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:56 pm

the trick to use fountain to restore mana.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:11 pm

dracolich map prevents mana from being restored at fountain on chick/crow
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 pm

yes and no-ish.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:50 pm

you are either trolling. or perhaps your poor English is preventing you from understanding what i am talking about, or maybe it is a lack of something else that is preventing you from understanding things in general ;) :roll:

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 pm

I can show you if you would like

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Every time mana gets to 15 or 20, it goes back to zero.

Prove me wrong
Post a link to a game replay, on 6.85k map, showing the casting of book from crow. Or upload it to youtube and link

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:40 am

map wont play on single player. Not worth the effort tbh.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:58 am

LOL Say no more, i understand. ;) :lol:

any dota map can be loaded single player if you know how, one of the easiest ways to practice combos on voker.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”